It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because Of Stricter Gun Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Someone tell them to come to mississippi! Our real estate costs 1/3 of Maryland's and we will never let go of our guns, gov Bryant included. The Feds will have to murder every last one of us

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You say that as if 270,000,000 is enough. If your number is accurate it would still leave 50,000,000 citizens unarmed.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's funny how many people in this thread that thinks an American state should make it's laws to suit a foreign company. Small wonder why foreign companies have so much control in America because there are getting to be fewer real Americans who put America first everyday. If Beretta doesn't like the laws here they can go back to the country they came from.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

fewer real Americans who put America first everyday

Yes we know, the "real" Americans are the ones who embrace the left.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Beretta 92: total junk. [Yet another reason to dis' Reagan.] I don't care if the door hits Beretta on the way out. Good riddance.

Note that the company is just playing politics. For example, there are weapons made in California that you can't own in California. Manufacturing is one thing, owning is another.

Here is the Ca. permit for large capacity clips (exceeding the purchase ban):
oag.ca.gov...

It is not as if Maryland is a state of bumpkins that can't do any other jobs. I mean, we're not talking Texas here. ;-)

No, we're talking Baltimore. Last time I was there, it seemed like the roads had more potholes than pavement.

I don't see it as politics, just a sound business decision. If you want to make surfboards, you wouldn't set up shop in North Dakota. Go to a state where people can use your product.

Virginia is just right next door. Welcome Baretta.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's funny how many people in this thread that thinks an American state should make it's laws to suit a foreign company.
what's really funny is the unAmerican comments like yours.

Beretta has been manufacturing and selling in America much longer than you've been alive and said laws enacted ... yet, you think new laws limiting such manufacturing should be honored ??

there are getting to be fewer real Americans who put America first everyday
yes, your comments are a fine example of just that.

If Maryland doesn't appreciate the contributions of Beretta, then they should suffer their own decision-making folly.

i'd bet (given Baltimore) the only manufacturing in Maryland that could compare will be in the meth market or prison building.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

fewer real Americans who put America first everyday

Yes we know, the "real" Americans are the ones who embrace the left.

I never said anything about politics. Let me ask you this which is more for America a party that offers tax breaks to bring jobs back to America or the party which blocked the bill so jobs wouldn't move back here? But seeing how you are one of the people who thinks the states should bow to foreign demands will you be cheering when they finally take over control? I would say yes you would.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Find new and ingenious ways to add it to the tax payer burden!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

How many jobs do you think are available in Maryland? The loss of 400 jobs will be felt!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Beretta has been manufacturing and selling in America much longer than you've been alive and said laws enacted ... yet, you think new laws limiting such manufacturing should be honored ??

Who cares how long the have been here? They are still a foreign owned company. In the end the money leaves America for another country.

And if the laws are voted on then yes they should be honored.

yes, your comments are a fine example of just that. If Maryland doesn't appreciate the contributions of Beretta, then they should suffer their own decision-making folly. i'd bet (given Baltimore) the only manufacturing in Maryland that could compare will be in the meth market or prison building.

Yes my comments are the kind that a person who thinks foreign companies should follow American law should make. And your comment about the manufacturing in Maryland just shows your ignorance. Seeing how you want foreigners to dictate our laws then maybe America isn't the right place for you. Please don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Who cares how long the have been here? They are still a foreign owned company. In the end the money leaves America for another country.

What money doesnt? This is the wonderous global economy after all.

And if the laws are voted on then yes they should be honored.

I know, right? Like that cocky bitch who wouldnt give up her seat on the bus to a white man all those years ago. Didnt she know what the law was?!?!?!
edit on 6-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Except for the taxes they contributed to Maryland Beretta Leaves Maryland Tax loss of $31 million.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

who cares ??
clearly not you.
however, plenty of Americans embrace Beretta products, Beretta manufacturing and Beretta's presence in America.

a foreign-owned company bothers you ?
then, pray-tell, why do you pay the IRS ??
they are equally a foreign-owned company so what's your point ?

no, the laws should be challenged as unConstitutional and they will be but why should Beretta suffer the wait ??
ps, none of the laws were 'voted' on ... try again.

Beretta has been following American laws since the 1800s, what's your point again ?

really ?? prove it, i can.

what foreigners are dictating our laws ??
(oh yeah, that muslim group and the CFR, but they aren't the topic of this thread)

ooooooh, internet tough guy, who's gonna hold that door open so it doesn't stub your toe ???

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

or that Plessy guy who just had to LIE his way into history, right ??
yeah, we should all just follow their leads.
that's the right answer

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
TEXAS - Please Beretta - Please come to Texas! We need more firearms manufacturers here in the republic.
I've got an industrial park neighbor that would love to grant Beretta tax abatements and grants just to have your business. We've got a triple tax-free zone just for Beretta and I've got a bit of influence in the local government. Hell, I'd be glad to caretake the grounds if we could get a decent manufacturer that won't put up a chemical plant or other megapolluter operation.
Anyone from Beretta interested, please U2U me!

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You say that as if 270,000,000 is enough. If your number is accurate it would still leave 50,000,000 citizens unarmed.

I don't need a gun. some sissy with a beretta takes one look at me and he'll drop it and run

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

beretta usa is a subsidiary of their parent company and operate with a great deal of autonomy.

beretta didnt demand they change laws they said they would take their jobs and their tax money elswhere if they passed laws that kept their employees from owning their products nice attempt figured you would be tired of being an anti gun troll on this site by now we get it you and syntax dont like guns but you guys show up in an alarming ammount of pro gun threads .....

and thats nice and tolerant of you wanting to get rid of the foreigners just because they are from another country....bigot much? or did u just get confused when your klan hood fell down over your eyes when you were posting?

buisness is international get used to it and keep your "go back to where they came from" crap back under that bridge you live under
www.theblaze.com...

“We literally are part of the arsenal of democracy,” said Reh, sweeping his hand toward the production floor, where on a recent afternoon more than 1,000 of the military version of the pistol sat in various stages of assembly. “That’s why we consider this so insulting.” To fulfill the contract, Beretta expanded the plant by the length of a football field, installed an underground shooting range and hired 500 people. By 1990, during the peak of the first Gulf War, the company was the second-largest employer in Southern Maryland and had a supply chain of contractors that employed hundreds more. [...]
so yeah their largest employer in the state packing up and leaving AGAIN will screw them over as far as tax revenue so like i posted earlyer the state is gonn have to scramble to try to repace that companies jobs and tax revenue otherwise cuts will be made to areas that would not have happend had they just not passed this idiotic law
edit on 6-4-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

hotair.com... and and old article but still shows a point, with all their new tax laws and goign after the wealthy there has been a exodus of those making a good deal of money to other states and that too will add up with this if we the people are lucky this might even economically cripple a state and teach them the cost of attempted infringement of our second amendment rights

sunshinereview.org... add this to the mix and it will stop their growing economy as loosing that much tax revenue over night basically will hurt them and after their "doomsday" budget hearing that came out in april of 2012 shows that even before this they were having cash flow problems and if not for federal stimulus funds they would be in more trouble they they were before
edit on 6-4-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.drudge.com... its from the drudge so take that for what its worth but it says that they will be loosing 31+ million dollars in tax revenue and 400 employees

so yeah this is gonna hurt maryland pretty badly

He added that Beretta paid approximately $31 million in taxes, employs 400 people, and had invested $73 million in the business over the past several decades. Despite being such a prominent player in the local economy, Beretta was unable to prevent legislators from passing tighter gun control laws. Ironically, Beretta manufactures some firearms that are now banned in Maryland. Republican state Delegate Anthony J. O'Donnell lamented: "Losing [Beretta] would be a big disappointment. Maryland has a reputation for having a horrible business climate, and this would be one more nail in the coffin." Legislators had ample warning. Back in the ‘90s, when Maryland beefed up gun control laws, Beretta moved one of its warehouses a short drive away to Virginia. Beretta's bold move is regrettable but understandable. Reh told reporters, "Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn't buy it?"

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I don't need a gun. some sissy with a beretta takes one look at me and he'll drop it and run

Ummmm...you are delusional, mate. I'm a tough guy myself. I can bench 360. Squat 550 lbs. I can run a mile in five and a half.all without steroids. Daily training for over a decade. But if some sissy with a Baretta points it at me he will win. Now if you want to talk about real world solutions, we're happy to listen. Until then go back to g.i. Joe fantasy land. And tell Shee-Rah last nite was great ; )

P.S. and what about the other 49,999,999? Do you speak for them as well? Are they bulletproof too?
edit on 6-4-2013 by riffraff because: Added the ps

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It's funny how many people in this thread that thinks an American state should make it's laws to suit a foreign company. Small wonder why foreign companies have so much control in America because there are getting to be fewer real Americans who put America first everyday. If Beretta doesn't like the laws here they can go back to the country they came from.

Or....they can just move to another state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join