It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aircraft deployed to the Korean theater

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Interesting thread and information. This is a field I know very little about so it's neat to learn some. I read somewhere that the us has put somekind of super drone in Japan as well, Global Hawk. What's that!?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Northisland

The Global Hawk is an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS/UAV) designed to replace the U-2 in the US fleet. It has a similar design to the U-2, with long slender wings, capable of flying around 60,000 feet and loitering in the area for over 24 hours at a time. They are based at Beale AFB in California.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Cheers. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northisland
Interesting thread and information. This is a field I know very little about so it's neat to learn some. I read somewhere that the us has put somekind of super drone in Japan as well, Global Hawk. What's that!?

Hush, that's Classified. Yes and since they can carry Six cruise missiles you could say super stealth robot from hell. Global hawk is just a spy platform. Imagine Dark Star on steroids.

To answer the other question from another member. The Navy has always been stacked in the Pacific however six extra subs have been sent as well besides the public announced Standard 3 missile capable destroyers that parked off NK recently. To knock down lil kim's bottle rockets.

What I do know is China is behind all of this and Russia seems to be in on it as well. Russia sent a T-22 bomber at our Anti-ICBM site in Japan to see how close it could get before being busted. I wish they would blow these Russian turds out of the sky when they try this crap. Maybe then they would get the hint that trying us is hazardous to their health.

Whoever said that the B-2 is the only bomber that can carry the MOAB? Well that's not exactly true. All our bombers have the same exact bomb bays and racks. What fits in one will go in the other, what they did was make new racks. They can put these racks in any of them. B-2, B-52 and B-1. It wouldn't make sense to have them in the B-52 unless they were flying over A-stan where anti-air is nil. Our bombers have been flying tree top bombing runs in the mountains of North Carolina and some other places as well to get used to white knuckle flying in the same type terrain. People have been bitching about the noise and how our government is out to get them
and how unsafe it is if one crashes. People need to get a grip and support our pilots so they have the best training for what would be a mission from hell.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Whoever said that the B-2 is the only bomber that can carry the MOAB? Well that's not exactly true. All our bombers have the same exact bomb bays and racks. What fits in one will go in the other, what they did was make new racks. They can put these racks in any of them. B-2, B-52 and B-1. It wouldn't make sense to have them in the B-52 unless they were flying over A-stan where anti-air is nil.

Not entirely true. The B-1 has a different bay than the B-2, as does the B-52. The B-52 could carry the original MOAB, but can't carry the upgraded MOAB. All three bombers us a rotary launcher system, but each launcher is designed to only fit in that type of bomber. You can't take a B-1 CRSL and put it in a B-52 or B-2.

The B-2 bomb bay is roughly 24 feet long, 8 feet wide, and about 10 feet high at the tallest point, with two bomb bays side by side. The B-1 bomb bay total area is 146 feet long, with three bays nose to tail. The aft bay is 18 feet long, and is the smallest of them. The two forward bays have a removable bulkhead between them that would allow the two bays to be joined into one. The B-52 bay is by far the largest of the three weapons bays.
edit on 4/6/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Korean Theatre?........... Ohh I love the theatre! What have they got on there?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your posts are very informative.

It does not seem like a hot war as nothing much is happening beyond posturing so far.

I tend to believe South Korean view that it is just a "tired" regime losing control of its people.

NK may fire some missiles just to get on Uncle's nerves, not particularly aimed at anything. Let us see.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Zaph .. You need another hobbie mate lol! Just kidding its good we have people like you that can give us the facts

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Cool post! Although I do not agree with the new "wars" I still love seeing pics of military aircraft. Reminds me of airshows as a kid.

Gs.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As I said on Live! Last night, the Buffs, Beaks and Bones don't bother me so much. Deploying the E6 does. It suggests to me that there is a Boomer at sea with active targets programmed in, potentially ready to launch on warning. That spooks me.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I started a thread today about US deployments that were making me nervous.

Don't be nervous. Or gullible. This is just this week's distraction. A little bit of global theater to take your mind off the real enemies. The ones in the three piece suits.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Bombers aside. What the Norks need to be scared of is ole Spooky. AC-130. Now that will make yer you know what pucker. Bombers are great dont get me wrong, But nothin beats a good ole fashion AC-130 with a few A-10 warthogs just for fun. Any news of these heading over then I will prepare my bunker.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Everyone, including myself, likes to talk planes and ships. BUT if something is really up there are certain ground units that should be moving.

Present In S. Korea is actually pretty scaled down from just 10 years ago.

Currently the Armor Brigade, the Arty Brigade and the Combat Aviation Brigade (along with support units) of the 2nd Infantry is home based there. The other 3 brigades (Stryker equipped) are based at Ft Lewis, Washington. Anyone know if they are moving??? They should be shoring up the 2nd with this level of rhetoric.

Other key ground units for reinforcement of Korea include:

Elements of the 3rd marine division in Okinawa and Hawaii, elements of th 1st Marine Division at Pendelton in CA,
The Army's 25th Infantry Division in AK and Hawaii all are major contingency forces for the Pacific Region. In addition it is thought elements of the 10th Mountain, 82nd, 101st, and 1st CAV also have trained and looked at possible Korean scenarios, as well as the National Guards 45th, 48th, and 40th Infantry Brigades (OK, GA, CA)

If any of those units are moving, that would really tell us something. OPLAN 5027 and 5029 are the public, non classified plans for operations in Korea...you can google them if you like.
edit on 7-4-2013 by SrWingCommander because: Add info

edit on 7-4-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I almost called in last night when you guys said they talk to subs. You're focusing on the wrong mission entirely. The E-6A TACAMO was the sub relay only version. The E-6B Mercury is so much more dangerous. Yes it still has the sub communications ability, but it took over the Looking Glass mission, and carries a full Battle Staff, with the ability to direct the battle from the region, as well as the ability to control the nuclear mission if necessary. The sub comms mission doesn't phase me at all, it's the Battle Staff and corresponding mission that makes me nervous as hell.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Quick recap:

2 E-6B Mercury from Tinker AFB
5 B-1B from Dyess AFB
6 B-52 from Minot AFB
2 B-2 from Whiteman AFB
1 RC-135S from Offut AFB
1 RQ-4 Global Hawk (possibly moved forward on its planned deployment) from Beale AFB
4 C-5 from Westover AFB (headed west on departure, flying in cell)

Just those alone are a pretty potent force, and that's not counting all the fighters in the area (I don't count the F-22s in those, because they deployed 2 of them to date).

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Ah. My bad on the mix up but yes.... equally cause for concern.

You should've called in - rare chance for someone to prove an Englishman wrong

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I've heard rumblings from the Army, but I don't have the contacts there like I do with the Air Force, so it's harder to get information for them. I haven't heard of any actual movement yet, but I've heard that they're ready to if they have to.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'm thinking we have a LOT more Raptors over there, personally. We never report that number even near accurately, publicly, I know that. (Not like we'd need them though, to dogfight MiG-21s....)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's exactly why I think we DON'T. As many lies as the Air Force told Congress to get them, can you imagine the reaction if one got show down over North Korea? There's no way they're going to take the chance on losing one of their precious toys, even through an accident.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Could have a point there...though I'm sure the Chinese have already stolen the plans for it anyhow....
Still, doesn't mean we have to give them physical specimens to look at.

(from Jan. of this year)...

The Chinese Air Force has announced that it has a F-22 type aircraft ready to make its first flight within a year. The Chinese believe this aircraft will enter service within ten years. U.S. intelligence believes the Chinese are nowhere near this kind of capability. But given the quantity and quality of data Chinese hackers have been stealing in the past five years, it's possible that they have much of the American technology that makes the F-22 and F-35 possible. Some believe that the Chinese also have a F-35 type design in the works as well.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join