It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to the Big Bang - In High Fidelity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It was about a decade ago that physicist John Cramer devised an audio recreation of the Big Bang that started our universe nearly 14 billion years ago.

Cramer has produced new recordings with more complete data recently gathered by an international collaboration using the European Space Agency's Planck satellite mission.
The new wavelengths fill in higher frequencies to create a fuller and richer sound.
That data was released in late March and led to the new recordings.

The Planck satellite mission mapped light temperature differences on the oldest surface known — the background sky left billions of years ago when our universe first became transparent to light. Those differences helped to recreate the sound of the Big Bang. (Credit: European Space Agency/Planck Collaboration)

Cramer recommends the 100 second version..Enjoy!

Listen to the Big Bang

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Awesome, the result of the Big Bang are beings able to recreate the sound of the Big Bang. Gotta love chance.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Infidel!!!! that is GOD you are hearing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Universe: "Pfft, humans... I was making Dubstep before it was even cool."

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

That's not the sound of God, per-se. Likely the sound of God's flatulence....which is a big (BIG) ball of gas after all.

edit on 6-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

That's not the sound of God, per-se. Likely the sound of God's flatulence....which is a big (BIG) ball of gas after all.

Holy #.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I got nothing

edit on 6-4-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
How in the hell did this turn into a thread about god farting?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Universe: "Pfft, humans... I was making Dubstep before it was even cool."

filthy choon!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds like an Intellivision game I used to play. Astrosmash!

(Ya I'm old school)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Foolish question. I thought in space, with no air molecules, you couldn't hear anything. And if you were inside the Big Bang, anything resembling a listening device would be destroyed. Help me out?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Foolish question. I thought in space, with no air molecules, you couldn't hear anything. And if you were inside the Big Bang, anything resembling a listening device would be destroyed. Help me out?

Not a foolish question at all. I believe the sound would be emitted at the instant that the big bang was created and shortly after, releasing all matter and energy through space. Think of the white hole that started the big bang as a bell, and when the bell is rung (when the white hole releases all its energy) the matter emitted creates a pendulum like effect, sound is emitted by matter colliding back and forth as it expands from the event horizon. The waves/matter released from the big bang would be so quick, if you blinked you would miss it. If you could somehow be observing.

Yes anything resembling a listening device would be sub-atomic particles or smaller inside a black hole. Your listening to the big bang as it happens not right before. I hope that answers your question.

Debate continues over the fact that white holes even exist. I think there must be some duality to the fact of white holes and black holes. Such a magnificent display of power from a white hole must give some the idea that a greater being than ourselves is at work.
edit on 6-4-2013 by IronVelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The Barenaked Ladies did a good cover of that.

new topics

top topics

join