It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This coming Sunday, April 7th, Our Lord pours His unfathomable divine mercy on everybody who wishes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sharing this reminder of Jesus' gift on of my favorite sites...

Read the Q & A, especially #2 for direction on how to receive His wonderful graces. Check #8 if you
are non-Catholic.

love,

colbe

+ + +

THE TREMENDOUS PROMISE OF DIVINE MERCY IS; We will receive full pardon of all our sins and punishment due to sin !!

www.marian.org...

Divine Mercy FAQs and Answers

1. What extraordinary graces are available on Divine Mercy Sunday?

Our Lord revealed to St. Faustina His desire to literally flood us with His graces on that day. He told her: :rose:On that day the very depths of My tender Mercy are open. ... rose The soul that will go to Confession [beforehand] and receive Holy Communion [on that day] shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.rose (699) The theologian who examined St. Faustina's writings for the Holy See, Rev. Ignacy Rozycki, explained that this is the promise of a complete renewal of baptismal grace, and in that sense like a “second Baptism”

2. How can I receive these extraordinary graces on Divine Mercy Sunday?

In order to receive the extraordinary graces, you should prepare by making a good Confession, so that you can receive Holy Communion in a state of grace on Divine Mercy Sunday. In addition, Our Lord asked St. Faustina to be sure to perform acts of mercy, and to come to Him in Holy Communion with great trust in His mercy. Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be acts of mercy. (742) The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is — trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. (1578)

3. When should I go to confession?

You do not have to go to confession on Mercy Sunday itself. We know from her Diary that St. Faustina made her confession in preparation for Mercy Sunday on the day before (1072). In fact, all of Lent should be a preparation to make a good confession to receive Holy Communion worthily on Easter Sunday and Divine Mercy Sunday. Sin is the only obstacle to our fervent reception of Holy Communion, and our sins can be wiped away by the Sacrament of Reconciliation. The important thing is to receive Holy Communion on these great feast days in a state of grace, and with great trust in God's mercy. Don't wait until the last moment, take advantage of the extra Confession time that is made available during Lent.

4. Can I go to the Vigil Mass on Saturday before Divine Mercy Sunday and still receive the graces for the Feast Day?

Yes, the Vigil Mass fulfills the Sunday obligation of the Feast of Divine Mercy, so the extraordinary graces are available when you receive Holy Communion in a state of grace at the Saturday Vigil Mass.

5. What is the role of the parish priest on Divine Mercy Sunday?

The essential celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday consists in the celebration of the liturgy of the Second Sunday of Easter under its proper (now official) title, according to the Vatican's Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments: namely, “Divine Mercy Sunday.” During the Mass, the homily should focus on the scriptural readings of the day. The readings for the day focus on “the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in His great mercy gave us a new birth” (I Pt. 1:3), and on the risen Savior who breathed on His disciples and bestowed on them the gift of the Holy Spirit: “Whose sins you forgive they are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained” (Jn.20: 20-23). The Responsorial repeatedly calls us to praise and thank the Lord, “for His mercy endures forever” (Ps.118: 2-4).

6. I want to receive the graces promised on Mercy Sunday, but I can't get to church for some serious reason (I'm home bound, seriously ill, or disabled).

Our Lord said to St. Faustina: The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is — trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is My desire to give much, very much (1578).

With this in mind, you can participate in the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday by making a Spiritual Communion, with great trust. God will give you all the graces that He sees that need because of your great trust.

7. I am Catholic, but I cannot receive Holy Communion because I'm divorced and remarried outside the Catholic Church. Can I receive the graces of Mercy Sunday?

If at present you cannot generally receive the Sacraments in the Catholic Church because of your marital circumstances, you would also not be permitted to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday until you rectify your situation through the pastoral offices of the Church.

Our Lord said to St. Faustina: The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only,and that is — trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is My desire to give much, very much.

With this in mind, you are encouraged to participate in the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday by going to Mass, and making a Spiritual Communion with great trust. God will give you all the graces that He sees you need, because of your great trust.

8. I'm not Catholic. Can I receive these graces on Divine Mercy Sunday?

Non-Catholics may participate in the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday by making a Spiritual Communion, with great trust, since it is by the degree of trust that we receive graces. (See answers to questions 6 and 7 ). Although our Lord did not reveal to St. Faustina the extent to which the extraordinary graces of this feast day are available to non-Catholics, it is theologically certain that anyone who is seeking Him with a sincere heart will be richly blessed on that day: :rose: “No one who comes to me shall every be hungry, no one who believes in me shall ever thirst.” “No one who comes will I ever reject.”(Jn 6:35-37)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just want my Easter eggs I was promised.

Damn, now that's ruined as well.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
When did ATS become a religious recruiting web-site?

edit on 5-4-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Forgive me for my sins?

I stand accountable for each and every single one.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

R.I.P. Beezer

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
When did ATS become a religious recruiting web-site?

Since the ATS owners and Admin started feeling the pressure of not allowing free speech I guess.

But we still can't speak about the 'Plant of Evil'.

hmmm?

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dude....ssshhhhhhh!!!

They're watching...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
According to Christs death and resurrection He does that everyday.
Why this Sunday as opposed to any other day.
Is the catholic god stingy and selfish or something?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Edit:. WWJD

edit on 5-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 5-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I can talk to my God every day. And every day the sun comes up, he blesses me. My God does not reserve such things for one day in the year. I am not a Christian, nor a Jew nor Muslim - or any other so called religion. But my God is the same as your God, and their God, just as you and they are my brothers and sisters.

Putting a religion between you and God is accepting someone else's word when you could talk to him directly.

A bit like placing a proxy server between you and the internet - can you trust everything it servers you?

edit on 5-4-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

7. I am Catholic, but I cannot receive Holy Communion because I'm divorced and remarried outside the Catholic Church. Can I receive the graces of Mercy Sunday? If at present you cannot generally receive the Sacraments in the Catholic Church because of your marital circumstances, you would also not be permitted to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday until you rectify your situation through the pastoral offices of the Church.
reply to post by colbe

Here is my confession: Last week I raped an 80 year old nun, then went home and baked a three day old infant. I ate the infant with a glass of menstrual blood (seasoned with salt and stirred with a crucifix), and finished it off with a hot slice of skinned-kitten pie. Can I still receive Divine mercy? I mean, as long as I'm not divorced? Everyone knows how god hates divorced people, right?

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. This post will probably get deleted, which means the mods here at ATS have more sense than your god!

edit on 4/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I guess religious posting is pretty much a no go thing in the religious forum anymore huh?

Ouch.. Times are a changing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you sincere about asking for forgiveness and do you truly feel bad for what you did? Do you understand what you did is wrong and why it is wrong? Do you really feel bad for the sin you committed and do you want to change your life for the best and to help others? Then yes, you can be forgiven.
Special needs know no better (sometimes. I emphasize sometimes because of circumstances and variables) and sometimes they do. IF they know better and are sincere in asking for forgiveness... You get the picture Jigger

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
....of course the day you randomly choose just happens to be my birthday.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you sincere about asking for forgiveness and do you truly feel bad for what you did? Do you understand what you did is wrong and why it is wrong? Do you really feel bad for the sin you committed and do you want to change your life for the best and to help others? Then yes, you can be forgiven.
Special needs know no better (sometimes. I emphasize sometimes because of circumstances and variables) and sometimes they do. IF they know better and are sincere in asking for forgiveness... You get the picture Jigger

Yeah, thanks. Just no divine mercy for those evil divorced people. Jeeeez!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The day is for anyone who seeks it out it is not only for one sect. The message was brought by a certain sect and that is why their is some bull crap mixed in with it. Right now that's just the way it is. Soon Jesus will choose his bride and all those that follow him will be his bride. Their will be only one church but now some people that are able to receive his word are in different sects and none of the sects are in complete agreement with the book. I am almost certain that the Presbyterian church is the front runner at this point. However i have not studied this myself.

I see this day as a time set aside where the delusion will be decreased and those on the fence may have a stronger chance to find the light.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
According to Christs death and resurrection He does that everyday.
Why this Sunday as opposed to any other day.
Is the catholic god stingy and selfish or something?

Jesus is a gift giver, He sees how far away from God the world is at present. His mercy is His greatest attribute
so believe and please take advantage of Our Lord's promise for the feast day not matter your faith background.

You don't have to be Catholic.

Have faith, trust Our Lord. Try as best you can to fulfill Jesus' requirements to receive His graces this Sunday.. Check Question #8 in the OP if you are non-Catholic. On this special day. the feast of Divine Mercy, all reparation for our confessed sins is met.

"Our Lord revealed to St. Faustina His desire to literally flood us with His graces on that day. He told her: :rose:On that day the very depths of My tender Mercy are open. ... The soul that will go to Confession [beforehand] and receive Holy Communion [on that day] shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. (699) The theologian who examined St. Faustina's writings for the Holy See, Rev. Ignacy Rozycki, explained that this is the promise of a complete renewal of baptismal grace, and in that sense like a “second Baptism”

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Try as best you can to fulfill Jesus' requirements to receive His graces this Sunday..

Hold it right there! Stop the presses! No seriously!

From Webster: definition of grace...

unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification

From Romans 11:6

6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

You said:

Try as best you can to fulfill Jesus' requirements to receive His graces

If I have to meet certain requirements to merit his graces...it isn't grace any more. Right? Right!?
edit on 4/6/2013 by Klassified because: correction and eta

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by colbe

Try as best you can to fulfill Jesus' requirements to receive His graces this Sunday..

Hold it right there! Stop the presses! No seriously!

From Webster: definition of grace...

unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification

From Romans 11:6

6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work

You said:

Try as best you can to fulfill Jesus' requirements to receive His graces

If I have to meet certain requirements to merit his graces...it isn't grace any more. Right? Right!?
edit on 4/6/2013 by Klassified because: correction and eta

Now what do I do, separate your three comments? It takes so long, please keep people's words together and comment underneath. Underline if you like.

Okay, "requirement" wasn't the best word to use. How about Jesus' "requests?" I'll post His requests....

Yes, "grace" is a free unmerited gift from God but hold it right there! Give the full interpretation of Romans
11:6. Footnote for verse 6 from the English translation of the Latin Vulgate, the first Bible. www.drbo.org...

[6] It is not now by works: If salvation were to come by works, done by nature, without faith and grace, salvation would not be a grace or favour, but a debt; but such dead works are indeed of no value in the sight of God towards salvation. It is not the same with regard to works done with, and by, God's grace; for to such works as these, he has promised eternal salvation.

"I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment."....

God bless you Klassified,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join