It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukishima: As much as 120 tons of radioactive water may have leaked recently.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

(Reuters) - As much as 120 tons of radioactive water may have leaked from a storage tank at Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, contaminating the surrounding ground, Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Saturday. The power company has yet to discover the cause of the leak, detected on one of seven tanks that store water used to cool the plants reactors, a spokesman for the company, Masayuki Ono, said at a press briefing. The company plans to pump 13,000 cubic meters of water remaining in the tank to other vessels over the next two weeks. Water from the leaking tank, which located 800 meters from the coast, is not expected to reach the sea, Kyodo news wire reported, earlier, citing unidentified officials from the utility.

www.reuters.com...

Wow now they tell us.. That much? what a di-freakin-saster!
edit on 5-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Are my fingernails suppose to fall out when I eat tuna?

It's sad really, the response, so half assed, so shameful. You'd think every govt in the world would want to help fix that problem as we are all stuck on this same ball.

Really sucks whats get dumped into the ocean as well. As I love to eat seafood I can't help and think about all the contaminants.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Its like the BP spill but worse (if you can imagine that)
I enjoy seafood as well. -Not the glow in the dark type though..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Within 5 hours of the tsunami, and EQ in Japan.. The locks had been slammed into place, on a Political World Wide level, to keep the truth from us. Too much money has been at stake, and Political Careers from the get-go.

Japan had the chance to put their people first. They chose instead, to put investors, and Political interests first.. It's been a debacle of sacrificing humans lives, and the future of OUR Oceans, to a small powerful enclave. That have continued to blatantly lie, obfuscate, and outright bully other people into falling into lock-step with their agenda.

As long as this remains the status-quo....we have no hope in turning the tide of eventual complete destruction of OUR Planet Earth. They really have no clue on how to stop the continued release of lethal radiation, that is happening.

Because they have *chosen* to not tell the truth, nor listen to those who could offer practical advice and aid, because that would only destroy their powerful positions, and expose them for what they have really done. We are in a precarious place of sitting on the sidelines, and praying that our Children and Grandchildren, don't suffer the consequences. But, I fear, they will...

Des.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Japan had the chance to put their people first. They chose instead, to put investors, and Political interests first.. It's been a debacle of sacrificing humans lives, and the future of OUR Oceans, to a small powerful enclave. That have continued to blatantly lie, obfuscate, and outright bully other people into falling into lock-step with their agenda.

As long as this remains the status-quo....we have no hope in turning the tide of eventual complete destruction of OUR Planet Earth. They really have no clue on how to stop the continued release of lethal radiation, that is happening.

Well said! Now substitute the US for Japan and BP for Fukushima. Throw in natural gas fracking and Monsanto and we are so screwed. You're right, it has become status quo. I do wonder how the rich people profiting from all this plan to survive however. Are they that short sighted?
edit on 5-4-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its not that they are short sighted.....they only see money and power, profit and loss.....
The death, misery, and human suffering means nothing to them...they consider themselves as gods...far above what we experience here below.....
They have forgotten we share the air....................and everything else.....

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The weird part in all of this is that... when a disaster like this happens on the very same waters that bathes your own coast line you expect your government to WARN you about the consequences...

Cant people think for themselves nowadays? Do people need hand holding for everything?

How about some common sense "hey there was a nuclear accident in the same waters that run through here, MAYBE I shouldnt eat crap from the sea... just maybe"

Like stupid signs I see every day while driving... the other day I was on a very busy 4 lane highway, cars usually going between 70 to 140/150+ mph... and there was this awesome sign saying "danger - do not cross" - REALLY? Wow...

Some things really should be common sense by now...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, I for one won't lose any sleep over this, or change my diet in the slightest. Common sense must rule.

1) 120 tons of water is about 1/2 lane of a 10 lane olympic size swimming pool. If it manages to get to the ocean I'd be really surprised. Even if it did, it's essentially nothing considering the size of the ocean.

2) All water is radioactive and has been radioactive from the beginning of time. So is all food. In fact any food you can possibly eat tends to be a lot more radioactive than the water given to plants. Even way back in caveman days.

If the article doesn't say how radioactive it is and the type of radiation plus contaminents, the article is just trying to scare you. Looks like it did a good job here! This news article is just one more example of political manipulation of the ignorant.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

I think you may have a little catching up to do...like 1,372 pages of solid research, since this event happened.

The Japan Fukushima Monster Thread. Being constantly added to on a daily basis, by dedicated researchers. ATS members from all over the world. Keeping the truth on track, in one thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

edit on 6-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

LOL I'm waiting for you to say radiation is good for you like Ann Coulter....

Yeah bricks we use in building are radioactive... however I've got a feeling radiation from fukishima is considerably more radioactive than a brick.

You know common sense and all.

edit on 6-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What's funny, well maybe not funny, maybe sad actually .... Is I remember discussing this type of thing on the original thread - while things were unfolding. I spent most of my life for several weeks combing and posting the "official story" to the thread - not to "endorse" the official story, but to have everybody else look at it, rip it apart, debunk exaggerated claims about it, etc.

I recall a point where several previous self-described industry-insider "skeptics" on the thread were saying things like (paraphrasing) "they would never inject sea-water into the reactors to cool them. That would mean they are already written-off.", and I remember posting the links to the official statements (from TEPCO) saying that is exactly what they were doing. I also recall all the discussions about "where all this water" was going to be going ... and .... unfortunately the conclusion was ... The Pacific Ocean. There was just going to be WAY to much of it to even think about trying to "treat".

On the up-side, I think that whole situation, that thread, etc. converted some skeptics into believers (into believing that companies can just be that stupid or greedy or self-serving, whatever you want to call it). I think there is still some gap here in the US - the belief that this kind of thing can't happen here - even after the BP thing, then Fukushima, and onward. I wish that were the case, but it really doesn't seem to be.

edit on 2013-4-8 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013-4-8 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spelleng, Gammer, relative positions of the Sun the Moon and the Stars.

edit on 2013-4-8 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
which thread? Can you post a link? Thanx

new topics

top topics

join