It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft on Always Online Consoles: 'Deal With It'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No need to worry xbox fanboys.

That guy is no longer with microsoft. (Sounds like he was fired).

And there have been reports of microsoft sending out new dev kits recently with the online requirement removed.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Time2Think

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

You charged 60 for a game, paid whatever the console costs, you pay for your internet connection, I don't see why microsoft should get to charge you an extra 60 bucks to enjoy your game.

Maybe I've become spoiled from being a mostly PC gamer, it's not like microsoft going to go broke if they DONT charge ppl 60 bucks.

Spoilt through PC gaming, the home of pay to play.
It's you guys that showed console developers that its ok to charge through the nose.
Man if no one ever bought WOW gaming would be in a much different state.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Microsoft wants to kill the used game market. Which some may argue is a bad thing. I personally think that it allows more people to find games by developers once the game is no longer main stream. An instance of this for me was Dead Space. I bought it used, and have bought the next 2 in the franchise the day it came out.

Microsoft wants you connected so that you can't can't have any recycled or used games. If you get a used game on the new console it will require you to pay for access to the game. If your internet goes down your screwed, may as well find something else to do. If it were strictly used to keep firm ware and software updated I would have no problem with it.

DRM is a killer. Maxis and EA are suffering through that now with the new SimCity. They were unprepared as they ALWAYS are for the release of a game. Their servers were overloaded, their market platform crashed (origin). Amazon even suspended sales of the game for a while.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Time2Think

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

You charged 60 for a game, paid whatever the console costs, you pay for your internet connection, I don't see why microsoft should get to charge you an extra 60 bucks to enjoy your game.

Maybe I've become spoiled from being a mostly PC gamer, it's not like microsoft going to go broke if they DONT charge ppl 60 bucks.

Spoilt through PC gaming, the home of pay to play.
It's you guys that showed console developers that its ok to charge through the nose.
Man if no one ever bought WOW gaming would be in a much different state.

VERY good point Chuckkles LOL how many PC games are 20 bucks a month to play online?!?
My guess is a lot of these guys will argue that the majority of them are going "free to play" now. The funny thing is that's a pretty lame argument because everyone realizes that those games are pretty damn lame, if not basically impossible to get anywhere without sitting at your computer 20 hours out of the day if you refuse to make any purchases - anyone feel like talking about Diablo 3? Hey that's one free to play online

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join