It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing and hearing 11:11, 1:11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have been mildly curious about this for some time. I've read the many assertions about why people notice these numbers, but frankly, once they get all mystical, I kind of loose interest.

Does someone have a scientific explanation?

Today, I was listening news radio and heard them actually quote the time as 11:11. That's odd alone. Then later happened to look at a digital clock and saw 1:11.

The frequency of my noticing this sequence of ones seems to be really increasing over the last year or so. It happens way too much, imo.

Why don't I notice the other possible times, like 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 etc???

This is starting to really get on my nerves.

Thoughts?
edit on 5-4-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The scientific explanation is something to do with the biological clock we have. Our subconscious is actually very precise with time and once you start paying attention to a set of numbers, your subconscious may tell you to look at the clock or any numbers.

I have similar experiences starting from early last year, the interesting thing is it has not stopped ever since. Since last year I have also gained the ability to wake up easily close to the time I set my alarm. My schedule is not consistant every day so some days I need to wake up at noon, some days at 6:30 am.

My guess is a sensitive biological clock, but I think it could be something else. Many changes has occurred in my life that has completely altered the way I view life and my family. (all in a positive way) I began to really pay attention to the "big picture" and that was also when I began noticing numbers. My life has been simplified tremendously since last year as well. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I see 11's alot. sometimes two, three . And it happens daily, sometimes more often. It spooked me for a while, still does. I don't know what it means...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Originally posted by peashooter
The scientific explanation is something to do with the biological clock we have.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know. In my case, I too started noticing this a little more than a year ago. In terms of my biological clock, mine is quite trashed. There is nothing regular about my sleep habits ( a different story all together).

Moreover, my wife is experiencing the same.

The chance we have the same biological clock is pretty slim in my opinion.

Why wouldn't I sync/focus on other number combinations? I don't.

One thing I've wondered is whether there is an external physical cause that people are perceiving in some way. A cyclical pulse of some kind... I don't know. Grasping at straws here...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by w8tn4it

Originally posted by w8tn4it
It spooked me for a while, still does. I don't know what it means...

I've gone from dismissing it as insignificant to being really irritated by it.

The frequency of these experiences has also really ramped up for me.

Wacky, stuff. There must be some reasonable explanation for it...

ETA: I suspect after this thread, I'll go back to ignoring it.

But certainly was curious what others thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

hi there,

i started seeing 11:11 in november 2011,(and just this second i've realised that the date is 11/11 also)

It was about late september 2011 when i started to see that the world wasn't what i thought it was, by november i started seeing 11:11, not long after that i started to get exploding head syndrome, quickly followed by sleep paralysis which i found absolutely terrifying, luckily the spleep paralysis has subsided and the exploding head syndrome very rarely happens anymore,

the very first time i noticed 11:11 was on my digital alarm clock just as i was going to bed, and i don't know why but when i looked at the time i thought to myself ''there's something odd about this, i wonder if i'm going to keep seeing it'', i have no idea at all what made me think that but i was correct in my assumptions,

the frequency seemed to die down a little but just lately i see it pretty much everyday, if its not on the clock then its the 'trip miles' on my speedometer, or if i change a customers price manually the mark up will often say 11.11%, in my last job the clocks on our phones were out of sync by about 10 hours but i'd often see it on them too, or shopping receipts... the list just goes on,

like you i don't see it with other numbers either, it must mean something but i'm not sure what yet,

do you get have paranormal experiences?

thank you

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Come to think of it, biological clock does not explain numerous people noticing the sequences everywhere, such as license plates, signs, etc. I was researching into this topic a while back and ended up looking into synchronicity, events which seem to occur at random but perhaps contain meaning.

According to some, geometry and numbers are the sacred language which encodes our DNA. Number sequences such as 111 is supposed to "activate" some parts in our DNA, a signal of change. There are no scientific studies which are credible but the amount of people experiencing synchronicity is quite amazing.

To the above comment, I also started questioning many things which all started from studying the Pyramids of Gyza. The unexplainable Golden Ratio, pi, speed of light, Earth's diameter vs circumference ratio, all contained within the pyramids was a mind blowing experience. That is actually how I ended up here, since it sparked my interest in unexplainable events.

Here's a link to the video: (at 28 minutes you can see an engineer explain how the face was sculpted, I still can't imagine a way to create a perfectly symmetrical 3D image out of solid rock)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Some call these angelic numbers. I have been experiencing the phenom since 2005. It is not consistant, it is off and on and when these appear, I know something is afoot. Just now when I logged into ATS it was exactly 1:11 GMT.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Me too.

It has been going on for two or three years. Not always 11:11 but usually a series of numbers or double numbers like 11:11 or 3:33 or 12:12, etc.

Lately it has been the 11:11 thing.

I just keep it to myself because I've learned if i talk about it people think i'm nuts.

EDIT - I'd tell u a story but i'd get in trouble.

edit on 5-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not kidding the numbers I see over, and over are 7:14.

I think it is something I have held over from the 70's.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by loam

Not kidding the numbers I see over, and over are 7:14.

I think it is something I have held over from the 70's.

okay i'll bite......y 7:14?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Pay attention to the moments when this happens...What was going on? What were you doing, saying, or thinking about. It may be important to your current path, and can give you an insight into what you should be paying more attention to.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
For a long time it seemed like I was looking at the clock in the computer room at 10:21 That was going on for about six months. I finally got around to putting a new AA battery in it today so I don't suppose I will see it much anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
For a long time it seemed like I was looking at the clock in the computer room at 10:21 That was going on for about six months. I finally got around to putting a new AA battery in it today so I don't suppose I will see it much anymore.

Dick you b making fun of a serious thing.

Edit - what if it stays at 10:21, (which isn't even a cool #), then what? Hmmmm....?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have been seeing 1111 since 2004. And I must emphasize, its NOT ALWAYS THE CLOCK. In fact, its rarely the clock. But like the OP, I get irritated with all the flaky, mystical explanations. I get even more irritated by the ones who insist its our biological clock subconsciously making us look at the clock at the right time. I see it on signs, time left on the microwave, or randomly stop my VCR counter on it while FFing. (Yes, I still use my VCR.) It seems somewhat mystical, and many times seems to come at a moment that makes it's appearance seem meaningful or comforting**. It also seems to be a new phenomenon that millions have been experiencing just in recent years. But I don't believe anyone has a scientific explanation for it. And I don't think anyone really truly knows what it means. In spite of that, I keep reading about it when the subject pops up, hoping for some insight. I am here, looking for scientific enlightenment.

**One event that has stuck with me from 2007: I broke my leg and wrecked my Achilles tendons (+ lots of arthritis pain) and was still recovering when my husband broke his hip. I was limping down a loooong hallway at the hospital, looking for his room, in a lot of pain. I was worried, wondering how we would get by when he couldn't work. How would I take care of him with all the stairs in our house? How am I going to make it to this $#&% room and back to the car??

Just then, I glanced at a sign on the wall. Don't remember the words. Didn't really read them. It was some meeting in room # 1111. I can't explain why, but seeing that gave me a sense of comfort, like something was addressing my concerns with "it will all be ok." I know, THAT sounded flaky! But it was what I felt when I saw the #1111 that time.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ok, I asked my daughter, who is 16, and I have the official explanation:

When you see 11:11, you are supposed to make a wish. 11:11 is the only combination of numbers on a digital clock that's all straight lines. Honest.

Try it, loam, and you others. Start a list of wishes, and when you experience the synchronicity again, say a wish. See if it comes true. Make them simple to start with, please. Don't wish for a million dollars......

....no wait, strike that. Make whatever wish you want. Who's to say you didn't just buy a lottery number, and then experience the 1111 syncronicity, and wish to win, and you do? That'd be messed up in my book, and if you won, I get 10% for the idea (To apply to my daughter's college fund). .

You guys irritated by it could make it a fun and scientific endeavor.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Are you by chance a more logical, linear, scientific sort?

If so, therein is you answer. Binary code. Siince time clocks don't go 0:00 or 00:00

edit on 6-4-2013 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This has been discussed over and over. And it has been very well established that the 11:11 seing thing goes back to a very simple principle.

Here is one example. If you buy a new car, do you suddenly see more of them driving around than before?

Well, me too. So that is called "pattern recognition" (google it! Study it!).

The 11:11 thing has been explained numerous times. But I have made the experience that most 11:11 people are not interested in a rational explanation at all. Because that is like learning how the magic trick works. It destroys the illusion.

So you have two choices now. Ignore long established knowledge about this, or accept that it´s pattern recognition.

Although I know that you are probably "special" and that your case is obviously completely different and might even be real.

Right?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I have been mildly curious about this for some time. I've read the many assertions about why people notice these numbers, but frankly, once they get all mystical, I kind of loose interest.

Does someone have a scientific explanation?

Today, I was listening news radio and heard them actually quote the time as 11:11. That's odd alone. Then later happened to look at a digital clock and saw 1:11.

The frequency of my noticing this sequence of ones seems to be really increasing over the last year or so. It happens way too much, imo.

Why don't I notice the other possible times, like 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 etc???

This is starting to really get on my nerves.

Thoughts?

Wait a while and you probably will get more signs. Some people are in very high synchronious mode and are getting more signs and have figured out what it means to them and about how reality really works. In fact it is kinda funny when you start to notice the bending of what is due to the butterfly effect.

It is classified as Paranormal at this point since Scientist have no clue yet and will not have it until they start to experiance the phenomena themselves in greater number. A glitch in the matrix that is alerting you that you are in an illusion or limited perception of what really is.
edit on 6-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join