It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of us actually wants war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Point taken sir. Clearly there's some people that have always wanted war. Or maybe they just what they want leads to war?

For instance, if Hitler could've just taken what he wanted out of Europe, North Africa, etc, would he have been satisfied? Or would he still have sought out a war with someone? I don't know the answer, obviously, and I actually don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion. Just something your reply to me made me think of.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hey, I'm all about understanding what defines the human animal. If we could just accept what we are, instead of trying to be what we simply can't be (all love all the time, believing some god will fix things when we screw up really bad) then maybe we'd finally be hit in the face with the fact that if we don't do something, we're gonna blow ourselves to smithereens

Finding who we are is the hardest part. We/ourselfs are laid out in front of us, but most of us are to arrogant to see it. We always think we can do better, or improve. Everyone has a solution but they solutions, just don't mingle well, Religion, selfhelp, Medication, greed have all got us spining out of control. At this point I truly wonder if we can find ourself's.

I read a study once where they said social morals broke down in a group when the population reached around 2500. Think of that small towns don't seem to have the problems bigger towns have. Everyone knows each other, your sin's and trangressions are public knowlage. In that setting you are known both personaly and moraly by all.

I lived in Florida for a few years and didn't even know my neighbors names. I guess if I had to guess it is the size of our population that dooms us the most

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I was just using the usa as an example as they are involved in so many conflicts .I understand that in extreme cases war is the only option . not trying to bash or point a finger here people are people. peoples governments are getting involved in conflicts over meaningless wars you cannot sit there and tell me you agree with the wars we have been fighting for the last decade because that is due to human nature people who start war are extremist and they are very far and few in the population. people who want peace are the far majority

I am saying we have the capacity of choice we are not just merely primitive animals that are slaves to our emotions . but yet we are all guilty of electing and reelecting these people into power .

ETA decent and ethical people cannot afford to run for the head of a country and that is the problem to why we go to war
edit on 5/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Haven't read past the OP yet, but
NO I DON'T WANT WAR!!!

gha

now I'll go back and read your thread. s/f

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

There is nothing that can be done. People can pray, march, chant, or get on their soapbox. It won't matter.

I understand this is the 'defeatist' attitude. But, that doesn't make it true. Yeah, war is our history......but......not necessarily our future. If only people would stop and THINK

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I am saying we have the capacity of choice we are not just merely primitive animals that are slaves to our emotions

You are talking emotions, which I have agreed with. If I was a slave to my emotitons. I would have thrown my "puter" out the window 2 hours ago.

No emotions can be witheld, or denied, up until basic instinct takes over. You gave me a example that you don't fight, or puff your chest out. Or feel a need to be Billy bad[snip].

I replied that you hold those emotions in check presently. But if someone was to attack your children and brutaly beat them in front of you. Would you wait for the police ? No your basic instincts would take over, you would leap to their defense and give your life if needed. That my friend is a example of parental instinct.

These instincts are deeply within us, no amount of good feelings or best wishes can rid us of them. It is something all humans are stuck with.

Yes we can make a choice but our instincts will always rule us. In the world you propose every person would have to make the same choice that you are making. Do you really think that will happen?

If every person made the choice you propose I guess then we would stand a choice at peace. But you and I know that will never happen.

As long as there is one person out there still following Instinct, emotion, greed , lust. They can come along and screw it up for everyone else. That is why we will never live in a utopia.

Or true feelings will always be there , no matter how hard we try to bury them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Read the above post please. Sorry it not defeatest, it's human nature.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I replied that you hold those emotions in check presently. But if someone was to attack your children and brutaly beat them in front of you. Would you wait for the police ? No your basic instincts would take over, you would leap to their defense and give your life if needed. That my friend is a example of parental instinct.

These instincts are deeply within us, no amount of good feelings or best wishes can rid us of them. It is something all humans are stuck with.

Yes. And women are the ones who would 'grab the kids and run'.....but the men.....
It's such an unhappy situation. I think we should all be able to sleep soundly at night and not worry about being bombed or poisoned or shot or enslaved.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I read a study once where they said social morals broke down in a group when the population reached around 2500. Think of that small towns don't seem to have the problems bigger towns have.

YES! That.
Our cities are too big. Our country's population is too big for it to ever be peaceful. I think small communities who use the barter system (I'll trade you x for y) is the best answer.
No argument with you at all there. TOO MANY PEOPLE can not be ruled by a central overseer.

edit on 5-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Me to,!!! But it is not ever going to happen. I would love it if we had a utopia , but the statement is correct. Just because you don't want to hear it, please don't shoot the messenger.

edit on 5-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
the solution is Very easy, but NONE of you will like it, and most of you will miss the point I will try to make...

How many people here work for Money??

when your labor is free the world will be at peace.

there is no other solution..

ever watch "Star Trek" or TNG? Utopian worlds, yet they STILL had conflict and war...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

How am I shooting the messenger, here? I agree with you. We need smaller communities that share skills in kind. Not mega cities where people become anonymous. I do still think, though, that if everyone got on the same page we'd be better for it (our page, that is - yours and mine).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yea I saw that after I posted sorry.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

How many people here work for Money??

when your labor is free the world will be at peace.

I have an advanced degree, and I am here on ATS to provide help based on that education....for free. I don't work for money.
I consider it to be a 'public service' and don't give a tinker's damn about being paid for it!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I agree...some people scoffed at the "It takes a village to raise a child" theme in the 90's, but I think that that is true to a great degree. Smaller communities tend to police themselves by virtue of the people being able to know each other, in my experience anyways.

One thing though, wouldn't a barter system simply exchange material objects for dollars as currency?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

One thing though, wouldn't a barter system simply exchange material objects for dollars as currency?

Yes. And, what is wrong with that?
Currency is 'monopoly money'......Material objects, or services provided, or both reciprocally, are more valuable than a piece of paper with ink on it.
In my opinion.

I live in a neighborhood where we do watch out for each other....and we do talk to each other, and we do call the police when we see troubling things happening with strangers who've become 'neighbors.'

We pay attention to what's going on....and we speak up about things. It's a 'village'.....and we manage to keep it fairly civilized......and know each other.

I should amend that. We keep it totally civilized....but when there are new people disturbing the peace, we can't just run them off ...(sorry. Point out to them that their behavior is inappropriate and if they don't get it together they are unwelcome)......overnight. It takes the whole 'village' to make a difference.
But anyway.....I get your point.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Me too, but what do you do with the rest of your day??

Unless you have a trust fund or something I'm sure you get something for your labors off ATS

and when I said labor for free I did not mean part of the time, or barter..

I mean free in Everything you do...

It's the Very core of Christianity, and I don't even claim to be a Christian at all......
edit on 5-4-2013 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I'm a 'retired professional'. My husband brings in the income. I take care of the home (cleaning, shopping, cooking, maintenance, yard work, paying bills, banking, the pets, the errands and chores). We make do with what we have. And it works for us.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

nothing wrong with that, my wife does not work, I do, to pay what we need..

but to give of yourself freely is the only way to peace, and EVERYONE must do it

to distill my concept

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

it's the only way I can express how true peace works, some may say it's not reality, and I agree, but it "could be"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

but to give of yourself freely is the only way to peace, and EVERYONE must do it

to distill my concept

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

it's the only way I can express how true peace works, some may say it's not reality, and I agree, but it "could be"

Absolutely in agreement with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join