It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of us actually wants war?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Monkeys do not form armies to invade the cheetahs home land because the cheetah has spots on it , or to exploit it's resources to expand their empire

Next "Fact" Please.

edit on 5-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

animals dont wage wars. humans do

I take it you've never seen one group of monkeys attacking another group, or sharks circling fish to swoop in and attack. If an animal is in the path of fire ants, that animal is doomed. How about a wolf stepping into the territory of a different pack of wolves. Gorillas fight for the title of alpha male.

Nature is rife with war.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I guess because they do not have (OH NO GUNS) only their teeth,claws and bodies you think it must not be war??

WTF does that have to do with anything

no people used to go to war with swords too wtf does guns have anything to do with this . tool

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob7774

Exactly! And funny to boot. It's sad and I must point out that it's not a idea I sign up to after living in no particular order in England, Holland, Germany, France and Kuwait.

It not my idea either, but humankind is stuck with it. People can wish and dream about peace , it ain't going to happen. That was the point of my first statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's just a rough estimate of two particular groups who would most likely want war, in some shape or form. It's not including other groups (Muslims, neocons, etc.).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Can anyone say they have never known war in their lifetime....we've not stopped battling each other since we crawled from the primordial soup.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

animals dont wage wars. humans do

I take it you've never seen one group of monkeys attacking another group, or sharks circling fish to swoop in and attack. If an animal is in the path of fire ants, that animal is doomed. How about a wolf stepping into the territory of a different pack of wolves. Gorillas fight for the title of alpha male.

Nature is rife with war.

still random acts of violence do you people not really understand the difference between war. how is a group of sharks circling it's food considered a war . how is a gorilla proving his alpha male role a war . one is for food the other is dominance of a tribe one is over stepping it's boundaries and also about dominance

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I guess because they do not have (OH NO GUNS) only their teeth,claws and bodies you think it must not be war??

WTF does that have to do with anything

no people used to go to war with swords too wtf does guns have anything to do with this . tool

If you can not figure out the statement/intent in it's entirety then I will not waste your time with an explanation.
Guess I could have said guns, swords, knives, clubs, hammer and shield, battle ax, clubs etc etc but I figured you might be able to ascertain from the body of the reply the true meaning and you would understand; my mistake....But my first response/reply stands

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

still random acts of violence do you people not really understand the difference between war. how is a group of sharks circling it's food considered a war . how is a gorilla proving his alpha male role a war . one is for food the other is dominance of a tribe one is over stepping it's boundaries and also about dominance

And you see a difference between the lower animals and what Kim Jung Un is doing? Gorillas and monkeys run around like mindless...?...apes; making as much noise as they can and shaking trees to frighten the rest of the group with its power.

You say sharks circling food is different. Sharks want food; every nation that attacks another wants something.

edit on 4/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Also like to add animals dont posses weapons that can destroy our habitat . we are not cave men or neanderthal anymore people . and yes we are smarter than animals contrary to what some seem to believe on here

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You say sharks circling food is different. Sharks want food; every nation that attacks another wants something.

So by that logic I can come to your house and beat you and rob you blind because you have something I want and that is ok because we are animals . Or is that a random act of violence or is that a war

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can't imagine who in their right mind would want war...

2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Sorry I was just playing a little.

The argument about the industrial military complex. Just makes me to think back to 5000 b.c , the first guy who made the first bronze sword. Was he called at that time the industrial military complex ?

Who was getting the blame then ? Mother Nature for the seasons that made people migrate, and come into conflict with others. I knew when I read this thread . That the OP's chance of getting a answer would be nil.

Look at the poster I already picked up here. He read my whole first post and point. Then made a glib remark about the last sentence.

He totaly ignores the point that the human race is geared this way, you can't program out instinct. You would have just as much chance trying to get a Lion to go Vegan.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So by that logic I can come to your house and beat you and rob you blind because you have something I want and that is ok because we are animals . Or is that a random act of violence or is that a war

You're trying to make this about numbers. It's not worth debating.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
I can't imagine who in their right mind would want war...

2nd

I wish I couldn't imagine it. All through history mankind has gone to war. We are what we are.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Also like to add animals dont posses weapons that can destroy our habitat . we are not cave men or neanderthal anymore people . and yes we are smarter than animals contrary to what some seem to believe on here

Again sorry to keep butting in but animals destroy their habit all the time; if they are to survive they move. If not starvation and disease happens just like clock work.....When they move into a new territory they are either accepted or ran off by the territorial defenders. You probably mean well but again you are misinformed.

edit on 5-4-2013 by 727Sky because: word change

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. I choose a stance and hope that my country will follow that stance but I am pissing in the wind. Collectively we as a race are no more civilised than the pack of various animals you can care to mention. Michio Kaku seems to think we are on the verge of a leap forward to a greater being or we are going to fail. I think its a fail on current evidence.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And you missed my point too we are not just animals we are an intelligent species who are capable of thought who are capable of technology . I don't fight , i don't puff out my chest to show my i have testosterone , i don't steal nor beat people try to make them submit .seems rather primitive to me and i do have self restraint .

feeding and protecting ourselves have nothing to do with war

we are not just stupid animals

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

He totaly ignores the point that the human race is geared this way, you can't program out instinct. You would have just as much chance trying to get a Lion to go Vegan.

Or try to get a chimp to not hunger for power.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And you missed my point too we are not just animals we are an intelligent species who are capable of thought who are capable of technology . I don't fight , i don't puff out my chest to show my i have testosterone , i don't steal nor beat people try to make them submit .seems rather primitive to me and i do have self restraint .

feeding and protecting ourselves have nothing to do with war

we are not just stupid animals

Oh, you have no idea how much I wish it were true. We advance technologically, but human emotion, greed, and lust for power has not changed in the slightest since man first walked the earth. We really really ARE stupid animals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join