It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise Ship Sinks After Being Hit By Massive Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I know that this thread is going to get a lot of stuff thrown at it but I am going to put it out there anyway. The last few weeks I have been having this gnawing feeling and now dreams of a large cruise ship being capsized by a massive wave.

I believe that past events portent future events, especially when those recent events continually happen to one major cruise lines.

I also believe that where the water ventured into NY, NJ, and other places, that those events created a future footprint of events to come.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
dreams of a large cruise ship being capsized by a massive wave.

That was just a movie....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well now OP, since you seem to be expecting trouble? I might surprise you by saying I'd be very aware of this possibility if I were on an deep ocean type cruise ..as opposed to a caribbean or mediterranean one.

I've caught a couple Discovery type shows about this over the years but I can't very well quote a TV show to help you out of the point..so I found something saying about the same as I've watched. It's really amazing IMO.

The world's oceans claim on average one ship a week, often in mysterious circumstances. With little evidence to go on, investigators usually point at human error or poor maintenance but an alarming series of disappearances and near-sinkings, including world-class vessels with unblemished track records, has prompted the search for a more sinister cause and renewed belief in a maritime myth: the wall of water. Waves the height of an office block. Waves twice as large as any that ships are designed to ride over.

One ship a week is a bit shocking, eh? I wouldn't have guessed...but then, I wonder how many ships are out there too. Probably far more than I'd guess.

Freak waves are the stuff of legend. They aren't just rare, according to traditional views of the sea, they shouldn't exist at all. Oceanographers and meteorologists have long used a mathematical system called the linear model to predict wave height. This assumes that waves vary in a regular way around the average (so-called 'significant') wave height. In a storm sea with a significant wave height of 12m, the model suggests there will hardly ever be a wave higher than 15m. One of 30m could indeed happen - but only once in ten thousand years.

See? can't happen. Sheesh.. nothing to worry about! Probably what you thought you'd get, right? Except...that wouldn't be honest..the next paragraph is the kicker.

Except they do happen with startling frequency. Since 1990, 20 vessels have been struck by waves off the South African coast that defy the linear model's predictions. And on New Year's Day, 1995 a wave of 26m was measured hitting the Draupner oil rig in the North Sea off Norway.
Source

I'll pass on a real life Poseidon Adventure, personally. I may avoid domestic flying but overseas? Well... *OVER* seas is the key in that.

S/F for a cool subject, OP!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

Maybe you fell asleep with your buds still in.

Just kidding , I read these threads and always hope they don't come true.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

I believe you've made a valid point here. The latest news in my state is that the people who want to rebuild their homes that were devastated by Hurricane Sandy, cannot...unless they agree to have them raised to "Fema's new heights." The sea level is definitely on the rise!

also believe that where the water ventured into NY, NJ, and other places, that those events created a future footprint of events to come.

Federal officials say Sandy victims must rebuild to FEMA's new heights[/headline

www.nj.com...
edit on 5-4-2013 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

I know that this thread is going to get a lot of stuff thrown at it but I am going to put it out there anyway. The last few weeks I have been having this gnawing feeling and now dreams of a large cruise ship being capsized by a massive wave.

I believe that past events portent future events, especially when those recent events continually happen to one major cruise lines.

I also believe that where the water ventured into NY, NJ, and other places, that those events created a future footprint of events to come.

..more likely PB that the 'cruiseship ' is ' humanity '

and the 'tidal wave ' is the false kundalini consciousness which ll engulf the world any day now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok. First this is a 'feeling' You haven't said it's a prediction or a prophecy and no specific time frame (will you hold it for 20 years?).

This is the classic trick of those that seek to backdoor if nothing happens or if it does say "I told you so therefore I'm a prophet.

So come out and say which you are doing... predicting or guessing.

Because I have a 'feeling' you're wrong. NO, in fact I'll prophecy you are wrong for the next 6 years at least. I mean eventually an event like that must happen statistically. Of course if it happens after 6 years, I'll be more right than you are.

Just a point
edit on 5-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the OP.

Was an okay movie. The remakes in 2005 (TV) and 2006 were not that good. A lot of those disaster movies sucked.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I didn't think we could post personal predictions here?

Predictions & Prophecies: This forum is for the discussion of published clairvoyant predictions from contemporary psychics and "prophets" as well as ancient prophecies and prognostications. This forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions.

edit on 6-4-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join