It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In order to blend in with society one must copy the dominant characteristics and opinions through mimesis/mimicry.

Once this is accomplished one is granted with the posibility/ability of making people do whatver you want.

think about a spider that disguises like an ant. She is granted access to the ant's facilities and, once there, she can feast on the eggs and larvae.

Think about yourself like that spider and, trough mimesis/mimicry, try to get access to the upper/inner facilities of society, which can be moral facilities, fashion facilities, etc., whatever you can think. Whatever you can think of doing with your new abilities.

Use them to shape society your way and change the inner core of it. Use your superpowers, not for evil nor for good, but use them in a way that transcends dichotomies.

To do that you must commit the most horrible cruelties in your head. Actively search terrible stories about killings and loathsome lives and behaviors. For example, the story of that guy who cut off his own dick and then he changed his mind but it was too late, his dick is gone forever. Try to walk in his shoes, become him, and sincerely feel what he might feel.

You'll get a weird feeling of anxiety and then detachment. It's ok, it means you're off-blasting like a rocket, out of societies morals/fashion/etc. (a perfect list is just an etc.).

Keep doing this until you know you've become the shell of an emotional black hole. There is now an infinite void inside of you; you're only the shape/shadow/representation (in semiotics this is called a signifier) of that infinite void.

Then, and only then, you can start making changes in society.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So to change things you must become a sociopath?
No thank you I will continue to do good things (no matter how small) everyday and hope it will rub off on others.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNHK

Fascinating, and repelling, post.

In order to blend in with society one must copy the dominant characteristics and opinions through mimesis/mimicry.
Once this is accomplished one is granted with the posibility/ability of making people do whatver you want. . . . Use them to shape society your way and change the inner core of it.
I don't want to make people do whatever I want. I am neither wise enough, nor good enough for that role. Nor do I fancy myself a god.

Use your superpowers, not for evil nor for good, but use them in a way that transcends dichotomies.
What? If I have the power to make people do whatever I want, why in the world would I surrender the idea of good and bad? Do you have some description of a society that is neither good nor bad? Do good and bad cease to exist? Sorry, I want no part of that.

To do that you must commit the most horrible cruelties in your head. Actively search terrible stories about killings and loathsome lives and behaviors. For example, the story of that guy who cut off his own dick and then he changed his mind but it was too late, his dick is gone forever. Try to walk in his shoes, become him, and sincerely feel what he might feel.

You'll get a weird feeling of anxiety and then detachment. It's ok, it means you're off-blasting like a rocket, out of societies morals/fashion/etc. (a perfect list is just an etc.).

Keep doing this until you know you've become the shell of an emotional black hole. There is now an infinite void inside of you; you're only the shape/shadow/representation (in semiotics this is called a signifier) of that infinite void.
Wasn't this listed as part of "Psychosis for Dummies?" There may be power here, but it is an insane power. An obviously destructive and inhuman power. A power of death, hate, and darkness.

I'd rather be a Republican or Democrat than the spider you describe. The spider only destroys what others have built. The only "change" it makes in the society of the ants is it's death.

You may be a wonderful person, but these are ugly, terrible words.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNHK

I can't tell if your post is satirizing the selfish, manipulative, and sociopathic tendencies of people with great power or if you are truthfully offering instruction.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Dantose because: comma

edit on 6-4-2013 by Dantose because: Apparently 26 words are too many for this guy to handle

new topics

top topics

join