It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... if you had to speculate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
...what would you see coming in the North Korea event?

We have some given facts.

- USA and South Korea are undoubtably stronger than North Korea. Maybe the people of north korea wouldn't know that but Kim Jong Un does... and I am sure he wouldn't want to lose the position he is in...

-China and Russia support is more towards North Korea than USA and NATO.

-China has seemed to have abandoned NK and so has Russia.

My question is this... is this a trick to make USA believe they can take out NK swiftly with their technological advancement and their bigger number of army?

Is that the time when China and Russia will scoop in and then all hell will break loose? (i wish some people didn't mix this word with lose... sorry for that parenthesis).

Has China and Russia given some "gifts" to the NK army to surprise USA? Cause it makes no sense to my head for Kim Jong Un to go on an already lost war...

what is your take on this and how you see this whole thing unfolding?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally this is what I would do. Id keep a keen eye on N.Koreans leader and when there is a chance to drop in some elites go in and assassinate the guy before he presses the red button. One clean shot done. But the only risk is would anyone follow his suit or will they falter and surrender to south korean and US forces since they have no commander.

Respectively that would not happen and that if he did push the red button then not only will he but a lot of people will die.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I actually wrote quite an in-depth analysis of how I think this is going to play out that I have linked to below if you are interested.

What I would like to add, and this is not to single out the OP but do we really need threads like these?

I mean I think it’s a fair question that the OP is asking but it is a question that can be easily answered by perusing all of the threads already on the subject. I could perhaps understand if the OP has presented a serious in-depth analysis of what he/she thought things were going to play out so that we could discuss something.

But to just randomly say “ok guys how’s this going to go down?” it’s a little bit pointless every thread on North Korea covers this.

Like is say I really don’t mean to single out the OP what I mean is that we seem to have thread after thread that seems to be covering the same angles. Most on ATS seem to be reposting what the MSN has to say and many of my fellow members seem to be reposting each other’s posts. For example there seems to be a lot of members who speculate that China is going to help out North Korea. Yet I have still to see a thread that offers up any significant analysis of China/North Korea relations.

Now I know I have went off on a tangent but this is my point OP, what do you think is going to happen and why?

this is what i think is going to happen

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

China are not to be trusted IMO.

"When able to attack, we must seem unable. When using our forces, we must seem inactive. When we
are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away. When far away, we must make him believe we are near." - The art of war - SunTzu.

Their method of war is all about deception.

Can we really trust them?.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Maybe with China and Russia watching NK, the USSA hits Iran? China and Russia might be caught off balance.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I honestly don't see anything happening, the way I imagine it is there must be some kind of hypothetical line where if nothing has happened by a certain time frame then nothing will likely happen at all.

I'd say a few more days or maybe a week of threats and new warnings and then N Korea will back down.
The only thing N Korea gains out of this is the hope for more aid and easing of sanctions.

They aren't in a desperate situation where they feel they must launch the first attack or any real attack at all, they know that's suicide. I don't see the US making any preemptive strike either because they know there isn't any real threat of physical attack.

As for any tricks hidden up their sleeve from the help of China or anyone else I doubt that too. If any one of these superpowers REALLY wants to go to war all they need to do is make a false flag and then throw the blame and the first bombs.

I really really doubt this is going to eventuate into conflict
edit on 5-4-2013 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude your've made 2 threads on N Korea already...

One being a complete fabrication of an "inside source" and the other one is just you spouting your opinion... Which you did already in the first thread

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I know the Irony of my post is not lost on me, I am working on a third thread on the topic

The point I am making however is that what the OP is asking is being covered in every thread about North Korea.

I keep seeing threads about north Korea that offer up nothing new they are just regurgitated from them MSM or what others on ATS have already written. At least I can say both of mine thus far are unique and actually offer up discussion on topics not really discussed on ATS so far. On the issue of my source, it was not a fabrication but if you wish to discuss the issue further then please do so on the relevant thread other than derailing this thread with a debate about another thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My speculation is :

USA hoping for a 100 hrs war like in Iraq but ends up with a 1000 days war.

Farked !!! We might just watch a rerun of MASH.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My best guess:

NK sinks one of SK's fishing boats.
SK protests.
NK does it again, or tries to sink a SK patrol boat.
SK issues a stern warning.
Random shooting on the boarder ensues.
NK claims SK started it, SK denies.
NK shells the heck out of the island they shelled previously.
SK, waits, and complains to UN.
NK shells a Joint SK/US base.
Many American dependants are are killed.
Then the House and Senate blame, President Obama for not wanting to protect our soldiers & start another war.
President Obama insists the House and Senate properly fund this new war.
The House and Senate screw around, pretending to do something, President Obama waits until it is obvious to the American people that the House and Senate would rather let our soldiers and their families die, than grow a pair and do their jobs.
President Obama orders a massive drone strike that leaves Kim with soiled pants or dead.
China rolls across the NK boarder and 'secures peace' in NK, by way of making NK a real puppet state(TM.)
Lots of executions follow
The House and Senate scream and throw a fit, as President Obama, by executive order docks the House and Senate's pay cheques for the cost of drones used etc.
2014 rolls around and the GOP loses 80% of their seats in the House and Senate.
2016 Hillary Clinton takes the Presidential election by a land slide.

Sound about right?

M.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the North and South where just left alone to sort out their issues then progress would be a lot further. With the US stepping in to capitalize and direct the situation it is making progress more difficult. Now that the US is interfering with the regional Korean issues, China, Russia and Japan are also being dragged in to help balance the negotiations. Preferably these other nations have better things to do than continually go on and and on about this Korea wall but while it remains it is going to be a problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If i had to "speculate", i'd speculate that something IS going to happen. Eventually.

new topics

top topics

join