It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to describe yourself....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

I'll play. I turned 62 years young, this past December. Single, 5ft tall, 115 lbs. Long light brown hair to my waist. Very dark brn eyes. Live on top of a N Ga. mountain with my herd of pygmy goats.

One married 33 year old Daughter, no grandchildren, except the ones I've adopted as extended Family.

Love to garden, make and sell natural products from goats milk. Mid-level prepper. Have more faith in my Constitution, than our Politicians. Fishing is a competitive sport for me. Still own and ride my motorcycle. Though there is a Church on every corner, I don't attend one. My Faith is a deeply personal thing for me, my own sewn together faith quilt, from studies of various religions over my lifetime.

I love watching the night skies, for another glimpse of what I did see one night over 30 years ago...a night that changed my life forever.

Love people, even though it's common for complete strangers, no matter where I am, to start telling me their life stories.

I'm here on ATS, because it's the one place, I could find the highest concentration of people like me. Just a little left of crazy....It's my comfort place, and zone.

Des

edit on 5-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm here on ATS because of the people.

Even the ones I disagree with are like family.

Is this off topic???

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

hi,

i hope you don't think i'm being too nosy but why did you split up with your wife? for example, did one of you do something wrong or did you just grow apart? you don't have to share the details, i'm just curious,

i'm 28 and i've been married since i was 20, i work full time doing a job that i really don't like, i just want to be helping people but i can't afford to quit my job and retrain in anything else,

i used to be really shy but after learning a few eye opening truths about the world over the last year and a half i've really grown up and formed my own opinions of the world, i feel happier about myself than ever before and even though i'm not afraid to speak the truth now i still find it very hard when people just look at me like i'm stupid or crazy,
i'm an introvert but can sometimes come across as being extrovert, but the latter couldn't be further from the truth

it's amazing how lonely a person can feel even when they have many people around them

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Very cool thanks 4 taking the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985

hi,

i hope you don't think i'm being too nosy but why did you split up with your wife? for example, did one of you do something wrong or did you just grow apart? you don't have to share the details, i'm just curious,

i'm 28 and i've been married since i was 20, i work full time doing a job that i really don't like, i just want to be helping people but i can't afford to quit my job and retrain in anything else,

i used to be really shy but after learning a few eye opening truths about the world over the last year and a half i've really grown up and formed my own opinions of the world, i feel happier about myself than ever before and even though i'm not afraid to speak the truth now i still find it very hard when people just look at me like i'm stupid or crazy,
i'm an introvert but can sometimes come across as being extrovert, but the latter couldn't be further from the truth

it's amazing how lonely a person can feel even when they have many people around them

hi - I told you to ask questions.

I guess we just grew apart. She's seven years younger, I think the age difference played a roll. We were married for five years and we're still social so it could be worse.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I am.... Batman.

I am the walrus.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There are no words in your earthling tongues that could describe myself accurately.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Greetings.
I am as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth, and am from my mothers' womb.
While traveling through this land, i have worked as a cook, waiter, carpenter, asphalt layer, taxi driver, horse trainer, stable hand, farmer, pool designer/builder, courier and recently a collector of scrap metals and papers. Am a fisherman, hiker, survivor, student.
I love life and all that it entails, even the pain i receive along the way, for without that pain, how would i ever learn to empathize with others?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Married 15 years
2 girls 7/5
Almost 40
Live in small house in small/med town.
Photographer but going to school for a BS in forensic biology (plant toxicology)
I like reading science books..books about physics
Jealous that my mind cannot grasp some of those ideas..
Came here/found ats after watching a michael moore movie
Have one rabbit, used to have dogs but they have all passed away in last few years (old age)
Kind of sarcastic..try to be nice..but seem to always stick my foot in my mouth.
I trust almost no one...get suspicious of people that make my stomach feel weird after first meeting them.
I like lime and gin and olives
Favorite food middle eastern and indian foods
Blackberries are my fav fruit
I wear glasses
Most people bug me, but i never say anything..i just smile and nod..but feel like scratching my eyes out

I hate sappy movies
Favorite show..doctor who, walking dead, game of thrones, downton abbey, LOST, xfiles and deadwood.
Other than that i dont watch tv.
Been in almost every state..love to travel..
Wish i could meet phage because he always has the answers..
Wish i could have been neighbors with richard feynman...

And im a girl..

I guess thats it.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Neopan100 because: Ipad keyboard need i say more?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
What is my life like? Oh my God, right now you don't want to know.

Courage doesnt always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Almost 23 years old on april 22nd. Yah baby I'm a proud taurus.

6'3...hazel eyes realize real lies. When friends see me they ask if I get taller, everytime. No bro, it's just been a while since we have seen eachother. I have an aweful thirst for knowledge, whatever peeks my curiousity I want to know more about it. I'm on a path of self-discovery, disecting myself in every step. I'm the architect of my reality and I'm creating an epic world. I love the world of lucid dreaming, it's so much better than real life when you get the basics down. I'm spontenous, creative and really weird at times...
I love nature and I would say it is my first home, every chance I get I spend my time in Gais arms...I love to cook and dance, sometimes at the same time...
Life is beautiful, and every moment is an opportunity for a positive transformation, the choice is ours..

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm 25, I spend 10.5 hours of the working week practically chained to a desk, I spend a lot of time on here, when I should be working

I love watching Disney movies and spending time with my niece who is 6 going on 15

I love reading and learning so I'm always Googling something and I love spending time with my family & friends.
I keep Bearded Dragons and I have one parrot. The parrot & dragon weirdly get along and hang out together

I have blonde hair, but I'm always changing the colour of it, green eyes and I'm rather tall for a girl at 5"10.
edit on 09/10/2012 by sarahlm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

If I had to describe myself; Rock-hard abs, super hero, hyper-intelligent mega-being.

If my wife were to describe me; fat, fifty, but a great husband and father with a silly sense of humour.

(I'd go with my description
)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez... I already called dibs on Batman dude...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious.

I'm. . . .

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

If you had to describe yourself....

A hermit who wishes she could be even more hermity.

Oh, and I like cheese platters.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Old. Boring. Like a painting someone couldn't be bothered finishing.

Too many grey hairs, which tends to take away from the epicness of the beard... (or adds to it, I can't tell anymore.)

Typical Aussie. Everyone's a 'mate.' People say I have a public speaker's voice, I just think sometimes I'm obnoxious...
Again, can't really tell the difference...

But above all, content, around 88% happy most days, and proud to be me...

(Oh and Netties, I like cheese platters too. A little too much actually... My stomach line doesn't though...
)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

For the Brit audience, think " Victor Meldrew " ( According to my wide, Victor Meldrew doesn't come near my temperament....You will beelllliieevvee it ! )

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hi, well I am in my early 30's, long light brown hair (it's almost time to cut the annual foot off for summer), mood ring hazel eyes (if they start to turn green, watch out) and about 5'8" with a medium build. I am a wife, mother, dog trainer, housekeeper, chef, food processor, gardener, herb lady, and teacher. All of them full time, and yet I rarely leave my home in the winter. My kids are 2 and 7 years old, and very much boys! I have only been married once, and it's forever, I adore my husband and my boys.

I am self educated, mostly in botany and agriculture, but I am interested in a wide variety of subjects. Prophecy has always been a huge interest of mine as well as spirituality and self sufficiency. My only domesticated critter in a huge puppy dog, he is only 6 months old and weighs over 75 lbs.

I am fiercely loyal. I am also loud and obnoxious sometimes. I am outspoken on what I believe, so I have been choosing not to post in certain topics here lately
I would eventually get my self in trouble, I was already headed there. I will also feed anyone, and give you the coat off my back if you were truly in need.

I am a very practical person, too much so sometimes. You will find me hauling and stacking wood and pulling weeds before you will find me primping, I don't wear make-up, I am still a tomboy through and through. I can and do shoot and fish, but I have to admit, between my brother and my husband I have never had to clean a fish.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm someone who when in company of others may appear cold, emotionless and calm
However, when I'm alone, I a bit of the opposite
I am not very social, do not have my friends, or friends at all.
Never go to parties, clubs or anything.
I suffer from depression every once a while, suicical thoughts have been there but I'm to much of a coward to kill myself.
I have deep interests in science, and everything that has to do with it. I love to play games, read about science(fiction), history, metaphysics and playing piano.

edit on 6-4-2013 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join