It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's prediction of civil war soon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
He may be for real. He did go back in time with a 1% failure rate to save his world, getting an old computer.

Let's see, he could go back in time but he couldn't make a 60 year old computer?????????

The general concept makes since but if he couldn't figure out that old code then he is retarded.

Kids now know how to hack XP so how come a military man of the future can't understand old code? I still remember code from 25 years ago. If you know code then you don't need an old computer to convert it. He said the computers were still around in his time that used it. Crazy!

I believe he said there were no more working units still in existance in his timeline, because of the Nuclear and Civil war and all. And the computer was needed to fix a major problem with their future systems, so I think that leaves you to think of reasons why they would send back a soldier who has combat expierience to retrieve something so important to them.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I find my faith in Titor going up and down, the more I read about him. There are just certain aspects of his story, that make sense, and certain aspects, that don't seem to make sense. I sometimes get the impression Titor's information is coming from Meiers predictions.

I also find it a bit odd how the technology he talks about in some 30 years, is not that more advanced, aside from the time travel, than the ones in current time. I am resetting my belief back to 50/50

Even if a civil war does materialize around 2005, it still does not vindicate him, as it could just be an educated guess. Uhh, I would rather not think about him, it just gives me a headache.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I also find it a bit odd how the technology he talks about in some 30 years, is not that more advanced, aside from the time travel, than the ones in current time. I am resetting my belief back to 50/50

I dont know what I think of him myself. I thought that he said he wouldn't be revealing information about technology though. Perhaps he just doesn't talk about the more technologically advanced stuff. I have alot of difficulty believing the a time traveler would draw so much attention to himself. That's my issue. The "Temporal Prime Dirrective" and all....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I dont know what I think of him myself. I thought that he said he wouldn't be revealing information about technology though. Perhaps he just doesn't talk about the more technologically advanced stuff. I have alot of difficulty believing the a time traveler would draw so much attention to himself. That's my issue. The "Temporal Prime Dirrective" and all....

- I think his temporal prime directive was self-imposed. He never mentioned if he was forbidden by his organization, he just said, they were his own personal judgement.

The reason why I question his technology in the future statement, he does not mention anything about anti gravity, fusion power, anti-matter, or zero point energy, which is what is the cutting edge of science today.
I also found it doubtful, that no holographic technology would exist in 2036, there is already the foundation of holography today. He also claims there is no knowledge of psionics in the military, again something I find unlikely, considering just recently the military asked for 7.5 million in the research of psychic teleportation.

I would have though much better forms of transport would exist, such as laser propulsion or commercial space planes. His entire technology-base is centeralized on time travel, there is absolutely nothing on space travel, which is incredibly unlikely in 2036. I would have imagined we would be on Mars by then

Also he claims there is nothing new in aliens and UFO's, which would imply, that there is still a body existing that is covering it up. I don't see why a cover-up would be necessary after such an apocalyptic war.

Most of my concerns are personal, it could be that he has no knowledge of it genuinely, but I get a real feeling that Titor has just researched his case very well, and spun them off Meiers predictions.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
At least some of Titor's predictions have an eerie air of plausability, but I'm highly skeptical that they are the work of a time traveller, or even someone with extrasensory perception. What is more likely is that "Titor" read William Strauss and Neil Howe's great book "the Fourth Turning" (more about the book if you haven't read it at www.fourthturning.com) and spun a compelling story around their theory of Anglo-American history.

If you're unfamiliar with Strauss and Howe's work, they're Washington policy wonks who have written several books about repeating generatonal cycles in American history. A "fourth turning" is the final, "crisis" phase of each cycle. Previous fourth turnings include the revolutionary war period, the civil war/reconstruction period, and the depression/world war two era. Fourth turnings tend to bring (in addition to major economic and geo-political crises that have in the past led to "total war") a reversion of power to the federal government, a rollback of civil liberties, more censorship of popular culture, a return to traditional gender norms, etc.

"The Fourth Turning" was written in the 90s, and after 9/11 started to look pretty prophetic. There's an ongoing debate in the fourth turning community about whether this particular fourth turning will involve a war between the west and radical Islam, a second civil war, or both. In any event, the authors predict that the fourth turning will probably be here wholly (most still believe we're on the cusp) in 2005, which is likely the reason that "Titor" picked the 04/05 timeframe as the beginning of the supposed civil war.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I'm a bit new here. Well, completely new here. So... hello.

For some reason I've been thinking about another civil war happening in the US (partially due to a dream I had about it), but it seems to me (and I bet its already been said) that a civil war in the US is unlikely at the time, but could be a possibility if a large, majority-affecting incident comes to the US. And I'm not talking about Bush being elected or gay marriage debates.
I think most internal conflicts in nations usually come around from larger conflicts in the world, so whenever the world goes to war again (and some say it already has started, WWIII that is), there is a good chance something could go wrong in the US and cause chaos.

The first Civil War was an organized secession of states. I really doubt that could happen again in the US. But what could happen, is something, either WWIII or some sort of epidemic, failure of the economy due to one of these, would also lead to great distrust in the government. This is how I picture it could happen. WWIII starts, maybe with China and Taiwan, or something with North Korea, and the US is of course, involved somehow. Either attacks come onto American soil, or maybe just more frequent terrorist attacks, larger ones, would start causing people to fret, moreso than usual. Riots would break out across the nation, the police and military would use force to supress the growing unrest of the people, and then the people would retaliate. So, it seems if another war happened in the US, it would be nation-wide chaos. At first, most people wouldn't even be in it. They'd lock their doors and hide, while a few select would fight in the streets. Then others would be pulled in.

A chaotic, unorganized civil war like this could easily be started if some sort of EMP bomb was used on cities in the US.

It sounds to me like Titor isn't necessarily forming a "hoax" but just making rather.... well, poorly thought out predictions. A civil war could start, someday, but it wouldn't be from election results or anger at the passing of a new bill or whatnot, it would be an effect of some larger conflict that would cause fear or extreme anger in people. The end.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
hey im new to ATS but i think that nothing really that big will happen about a civil war untill the 2008 election but like john titor said we will be able to start to see some sort of happening in that time (now till 2008) and i remember kerry's partner or whatever he was promised that they would win if not this election next election. maybe after being promised of a win next election that might also help the start of a civil was, but i think it has something more to do with invading iran/syria

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Currently things aren't looking like what Titor said. I must admit much of his advice is very useful, his predictions seem to be false. So far there doesn't appear to be a civil war going on. Although there appears to be lot's of voter fraud the elections don't appear to have been cancelled. Oh well ATS already proved he was a fraud by scintific evidence, it looks like time has told who's a fraud and who's telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
actually i believe he said that war would be started in 2005 but everyone wouldnt realize it until 2008, or something to that effect

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Strangely enough about a month ago I met a friend who said a similar thing.I had told her that it was a sad week when Kerry lost to Bush and we talked about the whole situation in Iraq..at one point she said "You know what surprices Me,the fact that they always have to take their wars on someone else's territory.I'm surpriced as to why they don't end up having a civil war...",I said it would end up splitting the whole of society in two,just like in the 'Demolition Man' movie...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oblivion

It sounds to me like Titor isn't necessarily forming a "hoax" but just making rather.... well, poorly thought out predictions. A civil war could start, someday, but it wouldn't be from election results or anger at the passing of a new bill or whatnot, it would be an effect of some larger conflict that would cause fear or extreme anger in people. The end.

That pretty much sums up my perspective on John Titor. There was no time travel involved, just some predictions. He/she/they used the time travel scenario as a cover story to get the message out. I also agree that it would take a larger issue than presidential election results to start a mass protest that could lead to an insurrection.

In the last US civil war as well as the earlier war for independence, the common weaponry used among the rebels, outside of cannons, was basically the same as that of the opposing military. That is not the case anymore. The gap in weapons technology has greatly widened between what civilians have and what the federal government has at its disposal. A civil uprising that is not supported by a significant facet of the federal military would be thwarted very quickly. If American patriots had to face advanced tanks, a plethora of missiles, and high-tech attack helicopters, bombers and fighters, they would have lost the Revolutionary War -- even if every one of them were outfitted with submachine guns.

There will be no civil war or revolution in the US to start a new government until the rebels that initiate it have the ability to overcome the advanced armaments that the federal government has in abundance.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Right. Even if there were widespread riots and violent outbreaks in American cities, the military could thwart that easily. But if whatever conflict originally started the war was large enough, there's a good chance the government and military could split as well, most likely into multiple factions. It would really just be chaos.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A civil war in the US?

Not in a land of patriots man ...

Who would be fighting, Republicans Vs. Democrats? .. heh

Atleast half of all Americans support Bush and will still be supporting him come 2008 ...

50% (at best) of the population is going to overthrow the other 50% of the population who will be backed by the federal gov't ??

My goodness, no .... never will we see a thing such as that ...

The guy who said a time traveler would not bring attention to himself was right on the money ...

[edit on 27-12-2004 by ShawNee922]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What will spark the beginning of the civil war will be when US becomes a police state in 2005. There is already a lot of dissention against Bush, something you will note on ATS.

This will only escalate further with every bit of violation of civil rights.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
What will spark the beginning of the civil war will be when US becomes a police state in 2005. There is already a lot of dissention against Bush, something you will note on ATS.

This will only escalate further with every bit of violation of civil rights.

You believe this or merely want to believe it?

They are very cunning people, they will make the 50% who support Bush give their civil rights away. They will use fear(9-11 like events) to accomplish it ...

As Ben Franklin once said, "He who trades liberty for security deserves neither"

50% of Americans fit neatly into Ben's quote .....The other 50% have no chance of changing a thing ...

~peace

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The more I read of threads like this, one thing strikes me as odd. Us, the Americans, are now living in fear of the government because they got bigger guns then us? Sounds like if there ever were an uprising, alot of closet-capitalists would rather sit on their ever widening fat arses and eat McDonalds, rather than stand up for what they know is right.

Lol, the passive attitude of modern America is sickening.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am not sure what I think about JT but the whole civil war thing is looking more and more possiable. Bush has made a few statements that are getting a lot of people fired up. I was totaly pro bush, but now I am starting to wonder what he has up his sleave.
BUT when I read some of JT's talk about our time and things that he says will happen soon, I can't help but think that he was like 8 or 9 at the time most of this happens, so his memory of it would be a little different. I think back when I was 8-9 and I dont remember exact dates, but I remember big things that happened. So, who knows.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I am not sure what I think about JT but the whole civil war thing is looking more and more possiable. Bush has made a few statements that are getting a lot of people fired up. I was totaly pro bush, but now I am starting to wonder what he has up his sleave.
BUT when I read some of JT's talk about our time and things that he says will happen soon, I can't help but think that he was like 8 or 9 at the time most of this happens, so his memory of it would be a little different. I think back when I was 8-9 and I dont remember exact dates, but I remember big things that happened. So, who knows.

come on people, get real, citizens of the us most likely do not want war, especially not civil war, instead of spreading messages of peace and love we discuss about what some dude 'titor' said... least what we all can do is to try to make this planet a batter place and not to believe everything we hear or read
at least that is my humble opinion

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
come on people, get real, citizens of the us most likely do not want war, especially not civil war, instead of spreading messages of peace and love we discuss about what some dude 'titor' said... least what we all can do is to try to make this planet a batter place and not to believe everything we hear or read
at least that is my humble opinion

Not so sure about white America, but I do now us Natives never have anything against taking arms up against the government. Remember Wounded knee?

I'm not saying I'm going to start attacking government institutions, just by making the above statement I could be arrested as a domestic terrorist. Pretty cheap if you ask me. It's just people seem too lazy these days, for a country that was built on the bodies of millions of innocents, the one's this land rightfully belonged to, no one wants to stand up for whats right?

So much blood spilt in the past and it's going to end up a dictatorship? Wheres the pride.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weise
I'm not saying I'm going to start attacking government institutions, just by making the above statement I could be arrested as a domestic terrorist.

Well, you would be a terrorist if you were actually plotting to attack government institutions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join