It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

passage of CFAA would criminalise posting on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Dibs on sweeper jobs.And Zaphod YOU KNOW WE DON'T GIVE PILOTS big bang sticks so they can get all shot up,that's our job.You are expensive to train.We used to practice drills in Korea going after pilots..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

That's why I cheat, and shoot at you ground pounders from way up high.
If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
All right, here's the deal. If this passes, I'm going to post anyway, and if I get in trouble for it, I'm taking these bastards all the way to the supreme court for infringing on my right to free speech.

I like the T&C though.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'm noticing some scary trends lately that happen to be in line with the CFAA timeline.
boingboing.net...

Under the amendments, which might be voted on as early as April 10, violating terms of service could be defined as racketeering -- so that you could be prosecuted as though your violation of terms of service made you into a mobster.

They also add "conspiring" to violate terms of service to the list of offenses that are a felony under the CFAA. So you can be thrown in jail just for talking about ways to violate terms of service.

Something is brewing and I urge everyone to be extra vigilant right now.
I'm thinking certain DDoS attacks are false flags to help usher this in. People are already pointing fingers at people who MIGHT not be guilty, but all's fair in love and war, right?

The amendments also make it a felony to obtain information that you are entitled to obtain, if you do so in a way that violates terms of service.

According to the CFAA, costs incurred to repair the system(s) after a DDoS attack must be reimbursed by the "guilty" party. The thing is, the courts have not caught up with the age of technology yet. Just do your homework regarding MERS and the mortgage debacle and you'll see clearly how things are not in line with each other.
Start researching now to discover where the loopholes in the bill will most likely be in order to stay one step ahead. After all, this is how corporations avoid taxes. They find the loopholes and use them to their advantage.

I'm also wondering if those who they believe have violated the CFAA, will they be considered terrorists and allowed to be held indefinitely without getting a fair trial?

In closing, I'd like to post one last text quote (if I may) to help put this into perspective:

This is a trainwreck. It will allow the DoJ to put every single American Internet user in prison at their discretion, because we all violate terms of service every day. For example, Seventeen magazine's terms of service forbid you from visiting its website if you're under eighteen (!), and that means that its 4.5 million underage readers would all be felons under the CFAA, and liable to decades in prison.

Get ready, folks. Not all of World War III is going to be fought on the physical battlefield.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

if this law passes on the 10th,
i will be deleting all of my accounts every where.

this bill will criminalise every internet user,

“Ubiquitous, seldom-prosecuted crimes invite arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement.

if you speak out about any subject that is controversial,
they could persecute you with discriminatory enforcement,

this is a threat to free speech, and has a chilling effect on political commentators,

anyone with a silver or gold boarder would be targets at first,
but then anyone else who speaks their mind will be next.

this could be the end of ATS

i know im not ready to go to jail just to post here

xploder

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I hear you and I'll probably be doing the same thing.
In all honesty, it sounds like they are running scared now because of the flood of information hitting everywhere on the internet at this point and they have no control over it -- unless they instill fear in those who are providing the info because they CARE ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON -- unlike the government. Whenever they feel like they're losing their grip on anything, they overcompensate and this is exactly what we're seeing here with this ridiculous bill.
There probably won't be many prosecutions and this is just being done to scare people.
At this point, I'm really happy I never started a Facebook account, which they just announced will be used to research and gather intel on people who are evading the tax man or trying to cut corners. Of course they're going to use other sites to get dirt, too. Basicly, they're just using this as a means of letting people "incriminate" themselves, which makes these lazy government shills' jobs even easier. The problem is is that it's too late to erase anything you've already revealed. They'll certainly use their backdoor tactics to get whatever they need to feel secure with the idea that they're regaining control over us.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join