It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuff, Things, and Encouraged Narcissism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I find writing about myself terribly difficult. You see, I'm boring; my story is standard; and I'd much rather read what everyone else has to say.

I've lurked for years. Years. (Standard Story) But I heard a loud rumbly sound in the sky a week or two ago and felt compelled to add it to the giant thread on such things. And now I have an account which compels me to contribute otherwise I'd feel guilty about "taking up space".

I garden; I have a bunch of young kids; I was raised vegan and am now vegetarian; I just quit my day job to run my small business full time; I'm not politically affiliated - I just want to keep chickens and garden in my front/side yards (I keep chickens illegally and have for years); I have not set foot in the Evil Empire (WalMart) in more than 4 years and I never will again; I'm a Type 1 Diabetic (No, that's not what your grandmother has. I have a genetic disorder, she has a lifestyle condition.); I believe in farmer's markets, not grocery stores; I refuse to be afraid; I am accountable for my actions; and I have read some of the best insights from exceedingly creative minds here on ATS.

Creepy closing line: You don't know me, but I've been reading some of you for years, and I like ya.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Great introduction

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi Stalker, glad to meet you. Sounds like you have your life in order. A prepper without even trying. A healthy eating individual. But a vegetarian
Well at least your not a vegan anymore
I read somewhere that one of the races of aliens were called vegans.
edit on 5-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Halekoch

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We love creepy here!! You sound great!

Enjoy your stay!
-nat cat-

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Welcome to our little tribe!

beez

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
welcome to ats

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Nice intro!

Any hints on creepy likes? LOL I was only a viewer for 10 years before I decided to join! LOL I hung out at two other rival forums mostly about Mars stuff...

I want to get chickens! And I will soon!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Stuff? Things?

ALL OF THE THINGS!

Thank you, I've been trying to find a place/time to use that and get it out of my system.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Welcome Aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Creepy is good. You'll fit right in.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Welcome, friend!!

I hope that you enjoy this fantastic community.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know there's a way to nest reply links into one post.... But I haven't read enough of Tenth's handy helper links to figure it out yet. Here's my simple version:

Thank you for everyone for the warm/creepy welcomes!

rickymouse - I'm a keep-to-myself vegetarian, I have no high horse to get on there. Vegan Aliens... Ha.

abeverage - 10 years! Did you get a certificate when you joined? Must be some kind of record...
Also, no hints! I like who I like and I'll continue to read all of their posts quietly. I highly recommend chickens. I'm on my third flock (after 2.5 - 3 years they stop laying consistently to offset the price of their food) and this one is comprised of mostly Easter Eggers which lay lightly colored eggs. They eat all the pests. They provide a little fertilizer for my garden. Some breeds are even pet-able.

mystikmushroom - That's exactly what I was hoping someone would respond! You made my day. Thank you, thank you, and you're welcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the funny farm. Mind the bearded lady, and the dog faced boy: they nibble a bit!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Thank you, 0zzymand0s. I may like to be nibbled... you never know.

top topics

join