It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Blank Theme" Writing Contest -- Writers Please Opine!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The time travel theme is less gloomy than the ww3 theme, and we'd have more liberty with our stories. The theme is yet to be decided, but will be decided by stars, so....

Get starring posts folks. Get your friends to star posts. Send em u2us, with your idea link. We only have until tomorrow to decide.

I'm good with whatever theme is decided. I took a month off writing, and am eager to get back into the mix.

I'll also send a token of appreciation to tenth for keeping the writing contests open, and flowing, and for looking for member input. Such Mods go the extra mile, and do a remarkable job. (To tenth, a sincere THANK YOU!)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I understand this contest are individual submissions only, but in the future I would like to see collaboration writing contests. I think this would be beneficial to the budding writers because they could learn character building and plot etc. from the more seasoned writers, or alternatively offer the seasoned writers a new take on the story line.

I too would rather not have to write about war because it's in my face every day and writing about the aftermath of a devasting war just brings to mind doomsday preppers and the TV show Survivor.

Perhaps the contest should be separated into three categories of ability, such as seasoned writers, intermediate writers, and budding writers, and have a special judging for a natural talent writer (from any category). So, then, we would have a winner from each category and if the judges desire, they can also choose the top winner from all categories. Because, you know, some people are just born with certain talents and they will rise to the top.
edit on 8-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well?

Oh wise and wodermous mod, what doth thou sayeth?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Patience, fine hare, our truly wodermous mod hast til it be eve to rue his decision.

(I had to google wodermous, and I still don't know what it means.
)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Wondermous (wondermus) was a word used by Cajun cook Justin Wilson.

The actual line was, "It's wondermous, I gar-ron-tee!"

*Just a FYI

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok, sorry guys got a bit busy yesterday.

I'm just gonna take a quick look at what's what and have the official thread open shortly

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I'm definitely now leaning towards something more open.

Currently the winning ideas are as follows:

Format -- Script/Radio Play

Theme -- WW3 as a current, past or future event. This will allow anybody to make the kind of story they wish, using scifi or contemporary stuff. It also works for the purpose of apocalypse scenarios. WW3 could easily be caused by a zombie outbreak for example than by nuclear fire.

~Tenth

I'm liking how this is shaping up.

I do have one question about the format. Something like an H.G. Wells "War of the Worlds" radio script? We could really go crazy with that, radio reports coming in from different cities. I can already see some flashy story titles that will have the newbies commenting even with the standard [xxxxx] denotation.

That's exactly what I mean. Not concrete of a format, but you can certainly use that format as a guide sure, no problem.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is the official contest thread.

Please use it for any further Q&A.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join