Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"Blank Theme" Writing Contest -- Writers Please Opine!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello writers.

A little late on the gun this month, but we know it's been hard to get around these parts over the last few days.

In honor of all the confusion and bad tastes in our mouth's left by those responsible for taking our humble playground down, I propose some team work this month.

I have no ideas for a contest theme this month, my mind is totally blank. Nothing stands out as being particularly interesting.

In light of my failure to come up with something, I turn to you all.

For the next 3 days, starting now, ending Monday, I will be accepting submissions, via this thread for themes.

The theme with the most stars will be chosen and writers will have 3 weeks to come up with entries.

All T&C's will apply of course and once selected, I will create the appropriate thread for the contest as usual.

So guys, ready to give up a little more of your creative minds?

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

War ..
love/loss/poppies ... etc
edit on 5-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Maybe change up the format a bit and have a play/script contest... Something like "Create a script for a mini ATS sitcom or drama" You know, like War of the Worlds, ATS style.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's a great idea, we could def change up the format. I want to make this contest entirely crowd sourced

Well the parts that can be anyway!

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Another thing... a 5-10 minute script might be something we could talk Nef and Semper into doing on an ATS live show... That, just by itself, would be funny, priceless, and potentially brilliant ( possibly not even by design )

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I have to make a comment on this post because it is high time ATS jumps back into an epic style collaboration. I like the WWIII theme alot and think that it could be a great way for many members to spend their long hot summer either writing or reading.

So my choice for this months theme would be a WWIII scenario written in short form, the winner of the contest would then have their entry highlighted and then turned into a collaboration that they can either join in or pass it off to other writers to elaborate .
edit on 5-4-2013 by antar because: Duh...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Great idea Antar, I've been wanting to re-kindle the collaborates around here anyway. Maybe two birds with one stone?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And if it went further as I suggested, it could become part of the weekly show in a 3-5 minute segment... cliff hangers included!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
redundant, nevermind
edit on 5-4-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The future say 2077.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Also it 'could' include weekly guest spots by members. I love to listen to old time radio for this reason, the only problem is that they are so old the scripts and audio can leave you wanting. I love the idea of hearing the voices of our members!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I like that idea because that would bring out the scifi writer in me. We are on the brink of destroying our world and when humans are pushed to the edge, we invent solutions, which may be save us this time...we think.
edit on 5-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about having the theme of this month's writing contest reflect a specific period in history?

For example: WWII, Medieval Times, or The Stone Age.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Franz Kafka wrote a little story called Metamorphosis.

About a guy who woke one morning as a cockroach.

How about an ATS story theme where the individual(s) turn into ____________________ ?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How do you write a screenplay?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I only said that because I'am half way through my novel "Cyberpunk stories" it takes a long time for me to write because I have dyslexia and I have to double and triple check everything I write.

(Hence why most of my posts are edited)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

www.screenwriting.info...
www.ehow.com...

It's fairly easy once you have the format down. Radio plays are easiest really.
edit on 4/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I figured it was in reference to CyberPunk 2077

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A great overview of the structure and style is found here.

Sounds of not too distant battle ring out in the background. Louder, closer sounds of people shuffling and breathing can be heard...

MIKE: I can't take this... How long are the bombs going to fall? Does anyone have any water left. Oh God I am freaking out.

FEMALE VOICE: Mike, calm down honey. Panicking isn't going to help anyone.

At this moment a bomb falls significantly closer, creating a loud and fierce explosion

MIKE: That's it. I can't handle this any more! I am getting out of this bomb trap. I've got a better chance of living in an open field!!!

Something like that in structure and format.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You will have NO trouble with your quick wit and sharp tongue. It is like getting to be "it" every time in a game. Every part is yours to think act and play.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join