It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix: City Recruits Minority Lifeguards Even if they can't swim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

“The kids in the pool are all either Hispanic or black or whatever, and every lifeguard is white and we don’t like that,” says a Phoenix official quoted in the story.

That quote is priceless. Now if the official was quoted as saying 'The kids in the pool are all white or Hispanic, and every lifeguard is black and we don't like that,' there would be some serious fallout over that.

So it is okay for public officials to make discriminatory statements against white people.

I could care less about the race issue on here, what bothers me is this policy will result in people drowning, most likely children. That is tragic.

Remarkable isn't it? It is inconceivable how stupid these folks are. While I'll agree they are dealing with guidelines social morays, and rules that are beyond byzantine, the fact that they cannot seem to speak about the matter without sounding like a jackass is beyond words. The fact that they'd admit to compromising safety for the sake of appearance is......there are no words.

The inmates run the asylum.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I looked into it. You are right. This might be a good program.

I feel duped by the sensational headline.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join