It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits should not have a right to free speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why do I say this? Because a common theme on ATS is for some of them to but heads with us Americans who fought the british and won independence when they tried to take our guns away.

Yet some still persist that we should not have a right to bear arms. Even though they live in another country across the pond and have no clue as to the ways of American life.

Brits, you should not have a right to free speech, because all you do with your free speech is criticize americans over our right to bear arms, which is the only reason you or anyone else for that matter still has a right to free speech.

I say that you brits should relinquish your right to free speech just as you did your right to bear arms. Or just butt out.

Fair enough?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah that’s right because the first amendment is only for Americans isn’t that right?

Heaven forbid that anyone form across the pond should voice a opinion you don’t like.

You say that we should not have the right to free speech because some of us (I personal agree with the second amendment) say you should repeal the second amendment.

So in otherworld’s the first amendment in your view only applies to people who agree with you.

What a warped and misguided logic.

As a advocate of the second amendment you should also be a advocate for the first even if you disagree with the views of others you should defend their right to express those views just as strongly as you defend your right to own a gun.

Rant forum in 3…. 2…. 1

edit on 5-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hey, the only thing standing in the world that allows you freedom of speech is US and countries like Switzerland.

Say goodbye to your right to freedom of speech if our second amendment is breached. You will have no way to defend that right.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
I say that you brits should relinquish your right to free speech just as you did your right to bear arms. Or just butt out.

Fair enough?

Don't call me a Brit and don't tell me what to think !!! oh and stop being silly

second line.

edit on 5-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Really so can you please tell me then how that is the case,

You are honestly saying that because America and Switzerland have the right to bear arms that’s what keeps my freedoms as a citizen of the UK.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We can bear arms I have a gunsmiths just down the road from me.

www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk... (hope I get a discount now lol )

It is just we have to have a criminal background check and a decent reason for owning one.

I used to think you were all mad for your gun laws but after many sane USAers on ATS discussed on the reasons I changed my mind.
But we are allowed an opinion on an international site so....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Just making a point here.

You don't hear Americans telling brits their tv should be taxed. Oh wait it already is.
Anyways, not directed at you, but their are many here who like to voice their opinion about how our country should change our laws.

touche

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why would you need a reason for owning a gun other than self defense?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Why would you need a reason for owning a gun other than self defense?

They make for amazing pets!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you are a farmer, belong to a gun club or clay pigeon shooting etc, are a licensed hunter, pest control job etc.

Oh and we do not really need them for protection..we only need harsh language.

edit on 5-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah but that is not an answer to my question.

Why should you need to provide any other need for a weapon other than a need to defend yourself against an armed attacker?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Why do I say this? Because a common theme on ATS is for some of them to but heads with us Americans who fought the british and won independence when they tried to take our guns away.

Yet some still persist that we should not have a right to bear arms. Even though they live in another country across the pond and have no clue as to the ways of American life.

Brits, you should not have a right to free speech, because all you do with your free speech is criticize americans over our right to bear arms, which is the only reason you or anyone else for that matter still has a right to free speech.

Fair enough?

Every bit of that↑ = Complete Rubbish.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Really? Because its not happened before in history has it?

The UK is open for the taking. Almost any nation could invade and have their way with you if it weren't for countries like the US having your backs.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Just making a point here.

You don't hear Americans telling brits their tv should be taxed. Oh wait it already is.
Anyways, not directed at you, but their are many here who like to voice their opinion about how our country should change our laws.

touche

Don't be so thin skinned and insular - you are a person of the world, peek out of your box and take a breath ..
Plus stop being so bossy

But also don't call me a Brit - it is a tacky term. I am English or British or a Briton or even a limey but not a bloody Brit.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Because the chance of being attacked are very low, most British have other ways to defend themselves (baseball bat etc) our criminals do not tend to carry a gun because If they are caught they get 5 years min.
We just do not need them over here.
edit on 5-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: Sorry Helen changed it to British

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Again, this is not directed at you.

Its a counter argument for those across the pond who wish to tell people in the US that they shouldn't have a right that is guaranteed in our countries constitution.

Because we earned that right by kicking your bloody butts.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

lol ok do you know when the UK was last invaded? just short of a thousand years ago...

Moving on from such an obvious troll wanting to fight us British again...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You are either a troll or you're just not that up on history. America has freedom of speech because of Great Britain. English Common Law gives the right of free speech. America's legal system is based on English Common Law. So don't bite of the hand that fed you

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yes because the UK does not have an advanced modern military

Anyone has the right to criticize anything, even if you don't agree with said criticizers opinion.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Again, this is not directed at you.

Its a counter argument for those across the pond who wish to tell people in the US that they shouldn't have a right that is guaranteed in our countries constitution.

Because we earned that right by kicking your bloody butts.

With the help of The French and Dutch of course
:

Is The White House Still smouldering after we burnt it down in 1812?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join