It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our modern world and our handbasket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am writing this here because I'd like the conversation to be civil and then, too, more personal to who we are as individuals.

Each day, we see the mess in Korea getting worse. Each day 'seems' to bring us closer to what COULD be the start of a Pacific/Asian war that would make everything since WW2 look like summer camp.

Many of us have children... some of us have kids in the service. Some of us are in the service ourselves.

We also have a common thread that runs through every generation before us and now, after we look back, we no longer have to wonder much on how it felt to live in days just before the world went to hell in a hand-basket. Our parents and grandparents that saw WW2, saw the days leading up to it... just as we may be seeing the same thing today.

The purpose of this post is to get honest, from-the-heart feelings about the world around us and what lies ahead. I won't try to convince anyone to exclude politics but I do feel that it would work better without them.

My concern is that there are so many places and people and nations today on the verge of eruption, that no one person or nation can correct the situation. In sum, we are headed for darker days and that we should turn inward... to our families, friends and loved ones for, what is ahead.

It has always been the steel of our country (and many others), to draw close when things got tough.

Do you have concerns? Do you speak to your family and friends about the world around us?

I do... though I must admit, they tend to shrug most of it off. Whether for comfort or just a wish for it to all go away... I do not yet know.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad you posted this and without anything leading for what you want to hear for responses.

Honestly? 100% no kidding, blunt honesty? I don't know what to think about this. Of what I know to be factually happening in recent weeks and up to right now, I know only that it speaks to far MORE which must be happening that I can't see. Given that, there are too many pieces in motion to feel confident....even to my own personal satisfaction..that I know how this turns out this time.

War? Peace? Partial war China may cut short for us (In enlightened self interest as much or more than anything for US)? Russia as a wild card, obviously not wanting to be entirely left out?

Friends and Family? Again...to be blunt? I'm telling that what I can and saying simply that if they have been putting off preparations or things to buy with a 'I'll get around to that' for general disaster and "what if" supplies? This is the time to get those things and get them all.

At the same time..it's NOT the time to be blowing mortgage payments on that or doing stupid things that hurt anyone to the point of being worse off should war NOT happen. That would be so self defeating, I'd wonder about someone's stability in general. Still..If the money is available and it's a thing that should be in your storage room anyway? Sam's and Costco have late hours. Friday is as good a day as any.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

First, an apology for being late in reply. Been a busy weekend so far, lol.

My family often sees me as being something an eccentric... someone who spends more time in dark alleys looking in the shadows than spending time in the sunshine of everyday life with them. I generally counter that I do spend time with them but with those moments and hours that are my own, I prefer my diving expeditions.

Over the years, I have found it pretty useless to try and forward these conspiracy type possibilities and concepts in the main concert hall. It's not that nobody listens there, but diversion is easy and what starts as an honest exchange too often reduces to a contest of insults. From there... the whole purpose of the discussion gets lost.

I've been working on another BTS OP based on various conspiracy theories that might do better out of the light of the political, gladiatorial arena by addressing it to the individual rather than the body theorist.

Again, thanks for the reply

join