It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first song you ever bought ? Or songs/albums, that drove our parents nut's ? (Thanks R

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What heff you don't have a phone.
(links not working)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd
Splashdown

Heff you're such a sport

Thanks

Have one on me

Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy you a drink in the flesh

Cody

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

With names like sex pistols , and a member Sid Vicious. Just about guaranteed to set the folks off.

My main one wasn't much better.

edit on 5-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

It works now... The combination of an old computer, a woefully slow AT&T DSL connection, and the fact that I am downloading the new Ubuntu 13.04 beta that was released a few hours ago all conspired to destroy my Imperial Death March post!!!

But... since this is ATS? I am going to ignore all of the above and contend that it was NSA hired aliens scrambling my post from their mothership.

edit on 4/5/13 by Hefficide because: typo - it's kinda my thing

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

But... since this is ATS? I am going to ignore all of the above and contend that it was NSA hired aliens scrambling my post from their mothership.

That just maxed your street cred back out.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Drove many people mad with this

But it kinda stuck

edit on 5/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My parents actually liked the first album(that's right, an album, not a CD
) Jim Croce's Photographs and Memories. I don't think they were thrilled after that. The next would have been Queen's Night at the Opera.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My first? Black Sabbath, yep definitley Black Sabbath.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Not really my first record I bought, after dozens of Disney soundtracks and assorted 45's like Jiminy Cricket and Gerald McBoingboing I finally turned to rock. I can't recall if it was Revolution by the Beatles or this one:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know I'm telling the truth and not picking some cool song and I can't believe I'm admitting this, but in all fairness I was only 7 and a 45rpm was only .99 then. And yeah I would change it. My next purchase was the Eagles Hotel California on 8-track.

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First record bought.......7 years old, "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by Middle of the Road.

Then i found the angelic tones of The Pogues......parents weren't overly keen on Shane McGowan's voice though for some reason...

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I bought this 45 as a gift for my moms B-Day..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
MC Hammer 2 LEGIT TO QUIT

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm thinkin' that the album that drove Mom nuts the most was Zappa's "Just Another Band From L.A." She just could not get the hilarity of "Billy the Mountain" and positively hated "Magdalena". Still ranks as one of my favorite live recordings.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

too funny - I just mentioned Tubular Bells today to my employee and I was so thrilled that someone other than me knew what it was. I didn't buy it, it was my older and "cool" brother who had an excellent stereo system and awesome headphones - and while he was out and about, I'd play his albums and lay on the floor with the headphones blaring. awesome!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hall and Oates, Bigger Than the Both of US. But would borrow my brothers albums and headphones and veg out to Rush 2112, Kansas, and Zeppelin.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Never bought a single, and my parents were ok with whatever I liked. Until I hit 13 and went to local hardcore, death metal and other shows of that nature shows every weekend. Then they complained a lot. Otherwise, first album: Undertow by Tool (parents had already gotten me Opiate).

The same time, I bought Under the Sign of the Black Mark by Bathory

The first they didn't like me to play too loud was another Bathory album, Hammerheart

edit on 4/5/13 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My first album was cooler than my first single
I'd started to develop taste by then

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
metallica - ride the lightning

bodycount - copkiller

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have to go to work for a few hours

Here's a little wake up music for you all