It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant face-sized spider found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
No idea where to put this thread.....

But can you say "ICK!!!" I like to think I'm a pretty tough female, but I think I'd FREAK if one of these things ever fell on me.

And in case you were thinking they probably look far worse than they are, this one’s actually quite venomous. Oh, and fast — because of course it is. So now imagine being chased by a poisonous, sprinting, face-sized spider.

Face-sized spider found

edit on 5-4-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

poecilotheria regalis female specimen

still nice pick,
edit on 5-4-2013 by solve because: oopsie daisy

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Was already posted.
But yeah that thing is ginourmous.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Go figure.... I hate the new search function.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

i hate it too,, i dont use it --boycot-

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unwanted neighbors giving you problems? IRS? Religious folk peddling pamphlets at your door all the time? Call now to order your very own door keeping guard spider. Call now and qualify for our 1 month trial run, only pay shipping and handling! 1-888-HOL-YSHIZ. Call within the next 30 minutes and receive 1 free anti venom kit.Once again that number is 1-888-HOL-YSHIZ. 1-888-HOL-YSHIZ... call now!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Face-sized spider found

*FACE SIZED?!?!?!?*

Seriously?

Of all the different objects to compare the size of the spider to, you chose the FACE?!?!?!?

WHY?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS???

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of this kinda quote..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Face-sized spider found

*FACE SIZED?!?!?!?*

Seriously?

Of all the different objects to compare the size of the spider to, you chose the FACE?!?!?!?

WHY?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS???

Exactly, like I am not going to have bad enough nightmares already, now I have the image of it wrapping its ..retch... nasty hairy legs....shivvers....around my head......begins panicking.........right before its drinking straw sized fangs drive deep into my face.....inversely freaks out and runs in a panic into the corner of the hallway knocking himself out..........

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Note to self...cancel trip to Sri Lanka...

Holy F'n crap! I have to show this to my arachnophobic wife...no, wait...better not...I want to live.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Face-sized spider found

*FACE SIZED?!?!?!?*

Seriously?

WHY?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS???

Yes....quite funny but that's how CNN chose to describe it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Omg....I hate scorpions even more than I hate spiders!!! The funny part is that I used to have pet spiders as a kid. Suddenly, literally overnight, I developed a fear of them. Same with snakes....I used to have them as pets too. Now, I have a completely unexplainable need to avoid them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
about the size of a facehugger from aliens

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Goodbye cruel world.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Exactly, like I am not going to have bad enough nightmares already, now I have the image of it wrapping its ..retch... nasty hairy legs....shivvers....around my head......begins panicking.........right before its drinking straw sized fangs drive deep into my face.....inversely freaks out and runs in a panic into the corner of the hallway knocking himself out..........

Dude....your post SOOO gave me nightmares last night.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here's an alien facehugger, about the same size:

And yet here those words are, straight from northern Sri Lanka, where scientists say they’ve discovered a new type of giant tarantula with a leg span of up to eight inches. Grab your rulers and mirrors, because yep, that’s about the average length of a human noggin. As if that weren’t frightening enough (or cool enough — you pick), this particular spider was found living in trees. Anyone who’s ever walked beneath a tree and wound up brushing away a tiny spider knows that some arachnids enjoy an arboreal life, dangling from silken threads to surprise unsuspecting trail-walkers.

Now imagine one the size of a volleyball landing on you like one of the facehuggers from Alien.

And in case you were thinking they probably look far worse than they are, this one’s actually quite venomous. Oh, and fast — because of course it is. So now imagine being chased by a poisonous, sprinting, face-sized spider.

edit on 4/6/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

join