It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen is winning me over!! Go Charlie!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Like a lot of people, I thought Charlie Sheen was a nut. I am now a bit dazed. Charlie is actually a very giving person. Although i don't always agree with him or his lifestyle ( I suppose there is a bit of jealousy there) I have to say that he is walking the walk instead of just talking the talk when it comes to helping those in need. This one story is just one example of his giving to those in need. Keep up the good works Charlie!!!

The "Anger Management" star announced Monday that he will donate $1 million to the United Service Organizations (USO), which will go toward an entertainment facility for injured troops in Bethesda, Md.

The donation will mark the largest single contribution from an individual in the organization's history.

"It's an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us," Sheen said of the donation. "They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I'm just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families."

The actor has pledged to donate 1 percent of the profits from his FX comedy "Anger Management" to the USO, with a guaranteed $1 million minimum.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I also think it is worthy to note that when he's not on a bender Charlie Sheen is an avid conspiracy theorist, especially in the area of "disclosure" (or maybe even MORE so when on a bender). I wouldn't be surprised if he was a member here, or at the very least a lurker.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Charlie is Nuggin Futz.
Do you have to be on his team for some reason?
At least he has another friend now besides Alex Jones.
Winning indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I've always liked Charlie, not just in fair weather either. The man handles all that wealth, fame and the power that comes with it very well in my view. Lord knows why I'm not in his place. I'd be dead.
SnF

Good positive thread about a fellow human being is really nice to see OP.

Thank you.
edit on 5-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As i said. I don't agree with him much. It is however awsome to see him be so giving. It puts him in a bit of a different light for me. Walking the walk is pretty tough to do for everybody.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

warlock from mars............ charlie sheen rocks monkey butt!
........tiger blood.....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I think that Charlie S. has been and is a good person. He has had addiction issues and mental health issues; which he has and is dealing with; taking steps every day to get better.

This recent generosity of his is a good example of who he is; a person who genuinely cares about humanity.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
good on him, i like sheen. especially loved his coming out about 911 with alex jones.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
1M.... Is that it??

I heard he was earning nearly 2M per episode of that sitcom he was in.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

No, that isn't all. He is donating 1% of the shows earnings. Forever i would assume. A worker from the show died, Charlie paid for all funeral expenses, Set up a college fund for the widows child. He has donated a lot behind the scenes. This is just one example.

Go Charlie!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Call me a jack***

But I'm not actually that impressed by this. It is kind of easy to give a 1 mil away to charity when you actually have that kind of money to give away. There really isn't much loss or real commitment. But a working mom or dad with kids to support (and a mortgage) who gives away $500 or $1000 to a charity is bit more impressive, simply because the cost to that person is more substantial in consideration with everything else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he did, he's a good guy for doing it. I really don't have any special dislike or like for the guy But, it really isn't a sacrifice relatively speaking. Kind of something extremely rich people can afford to do, somewhat easily.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ForwardDrift

When you consider people like Al Gore only give $300.00 a year to charity i think this is impressive.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He's a great talent. I feel for him having to deal with mental health issues and addiction.
Mental health issues are a HEAVY cross to carry.

I wish that all the $$$ he's spent on his addiction, had instead gone to
cancer or autoimmune research. Imagine how much good it could have
done.

I wish him the best and hope for a full recovery for him.

Side note .. they should have cancelled 2 1/2 men when he left.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I remember Charlie was in Glasgow shooting a film, a few guy's i know ripped him of for drug's. But they really liked him!!! I hope he's better now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OK...I'm going to say something not a lot of people will agree with.
If US (only because this is about an american) would stop invading other countries in the name of 'democracy', then Charlie would be able to put his $1m somewhere else. I feel the same way about us Brits 'helping out' btw.

For example
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is about Michael Scummaker giving $10m....yes, 10 times the ammount to the Tsunami fund...the Boxing Day one. Granted his personal bodyguard was one of the victims.

However, as nice as a gesture this is on Mr Sheene's part, and as much else he does behind the scenes to help others less fortunate than himself, I can't help but wonder that this has not been presented in perhaps the real reason why he did it. Could it be, because like myself, he does not agree with all the wars and that's the real reason he feels compelled to make this generous donation?

Rainbows
Jane

PS...in the UK charitable donations are tax exempt, hence the reason why a lot of wealthy in his position...'write it off' against tax.
edit on 5-4-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

and think how he supports all those fine girls go to college,, wink wink

edit on 5-4-2013 by solve because: oopsie daisy

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

I know, i know. Nobody is perfect. I like women too! I just don't have the money to allow them to use me like he does? I'm going to take such a bashing for that statement!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Publicity Stunt

Ra ra, support the troops, give them a million bucks..ra ra...

Amazing that the people are convinced that it's our job to take care of the soldiers and not the people who send them there.

What a damn shame.

As for Charlie, well he's got a lot of imagine rebuilding to do, considering his 'Lindsay-esque like behavior' of late, but I doubt there's anything more to it than that.

If I allowed just any old guy with a million bucks to 'win' me over, I'd love a whole lot of despots and evil corporatist s.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Maybe, people still got help though. That is what is important in the end.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

amen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join