It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Noon Meal For Kids In Debt At Middle School

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Uhmm....where is the outrage at the parents?

These weren't kids in a poverty situation....

These were kids whose parents opted for a pre-paid lunch program, then didn't pay their bill. This is entirely on the parents, not the school. Just as if I forgot to get lunch money, it'd be on ME as a student. I think people are really casting stones at the wrong target here...

The real ones at fault are the deadbeat parents.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by elevatedone

Welcome to real life: if you do not pay you will not eat.

Since schools are supposed to be preparing youngsters for life this will be one of those lessons that actually mean something.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And how about those that have a single parent? or those who are less fortunate financially at home....? They need to get a job in middle school to pay for thier school lunch?

you're a little extreme buddy.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So deal with it sometimes lif bites you in the rear.Do the people who think this is wrong wonder why the country is in such bad shape? maybe if everything was free then things would be better??

I came out of Dairy Queen the other day and a guy asked for a dollar. I told him I didn't have one ( the truth) he said that all you white people should go away. I ask who would take care of him then? He cursed some more

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Firstly, it concerns me that we refer to these CHILDREN as being "in debt". It's like they are being indoctrinated into our debt driven wage slave society in 3rd grade now...

That being said, I don't understand the outrage over this food issue. If the parents can't or won't keep the lunch cards funded then the parents should provide the child with a lunch to take with them. That's how it has worked for as long as I know of. Before that there weren't lunches served at school at all..

Feed you children people. It's your responsibility to get food in their tummies regardless of school policies!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Uhmm....where is the outrage at the parents?

These weren't kids in a poverty situation....

These were kids whose parents opted for a pre-paid lunch program, then didn't pay their bill. This is entirely on the parents, not the school. Just as if I forgot to get lunch money, it'd be on ME as a student. I think people are really casting stones at the wrong target here...

The real ones at fault are the deadbeat parents.

This is very true. My only issue with the school is they tossed food, instead of billing the parents. A better solution would have been to call the parents, and tell them to either come pay the bill, or pick the kids up and feed them. The entire situation was handled poorly.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Time to call these guys!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Utah Kids in Tears...

Here is another link.

Poor or not, having acct money or not - I just can't conceive of this traumatic form of waste. How can a child be expected to perform 8-hour school shifts on so little fuel and after a humiliating trauma?

This guy's riled up! Here is a rant this man calls A Message to Uintah Elementary School [LANGUAGE ALERT!]

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

So why didn't these kids receive a sandwich at minimum?

I can't imagine the embarrassment these children felt as they were told to empty their
trays and then to not be allowed to eat anything.

How can this be prevented in the future, shouldn't the school distric be responsible to make
sure that each and every child receives a lunch every day? Does it fall back on the parents
to provide lunch for their kids?

I couldn't ever imagine that to be true all on it's own? Are you sure you got the whole report? Correctly?
Being in Canada again, my children's schools got parents to volunteer any lunch days they could to defeat such issues & even after ALL these years, my children volunteer whatever days they can for my Grandchildren.....I and my one Aunt STILL volunteer at schools lunch times for any lack of parental participation to ensure the children receive WARM lunches, that ALL children are not at risk of allergies or have diabetes etc, as well we also volunteer in the mornings to make sure children who had not received breakfast at home for whatever reasons, making sure parents could send their children are there early enough to receive breakfast as well.
ANY caring parent participates in these programs for THEIR children and lesser privileged children.
Is there a problem with parents using their free lunch hours or mornings to volunteer for their own and possibly other misfortunate children? Imo that should be the issue AND solution..... 1 person is all it takes to make a difference in such situations and other mis justices a well........
Blessings y'all

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join