It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Video Game Survival Scenerio IRL~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You were one of the lucky ones. Your house was not hit, maybe not even your block. The rest of the world has been decimated by whatever forces you want to imagine.

Many Americans and the World has been prepping. What does this create? THE ULTIMATE VIDEOGAME SCENERIO~ In real time

You are the lone warrior or warriorette
roaming the streets and scavenging houses.

Unfortunetly many of the preppers were taken out but the remnants remain (food supply / guns / ammo / gerber tools / et cetera)

Lucky for you and not for the preppers~ Wrong place wrong time for them but luckily you will survive off what others prepared for you. Ironic actually~

This is how I see this playing out, Sounds like a bunch of Video Games I've beaten in the past and wasted time playing.

Ultimately when something does happen (Because it's only a matter of time) This is how I see this happening, at least for some lone individual(s) out there, heck for all I know I'm taken out when everything goes down.

So what do you think? Does this sound logical? To me it does and I can see this playing out, just like a game.

Except I have yet to find that coveted green and white mushroom for my 1up to continue upon death....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The fallacy of your scenario is that it assumes many people have been prepping, when that just isn't the case. I would argue that the percentage of people in America who are aware of the world around them and are prepping is in the low single digits, but certainly no more than 8 - 10%. The vast majority of people will panic and have no idea how to handle a SHTF scenario, but people like me have been expecting a variety of different scenarios to manifest, and have been preparing for them, although certainly not EVERY contingency can be prepped for, nor is every SHTF scenario survivable.

join