It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA March Unemployment, Disaster. Lowest worker rate since 1979!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I hope most of the people on ATS are bright enough to know the official Unemployment Rate put out by our government is totally BOGUS.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
One thing strikes me.... why isnt people seeing the logic in this? Its not really amazing...... if you want to see something bad then brace yourself in 15-20 years when THE largest generation of people will go on retirement at the same time... Add to that that 2012 had the lowest birthrate ever.

Simple logic will tell you what that combination will add up to. How can less than one third ofbthe popylation possibly sustain the rest and thr welfare needed? Brace for dire times....

You think the disaster isn't hitting for another 15-20 years?

It's not just the inflation from QE's, the 17 Trillion dollar debt, and the nightmare of rising interest rates because of a lowered national credit rating -- it's the collapse of the USD because it will be dropped as Reserve Currency. Bye bye Petro Dollar. It was the only thing keeping us afloat.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Payroll plunged to 88k people hired for march yet the unemployment percentage fell from 7.7% in February to 7.6% in March, pure Propaganda. From what i read, you need at least 150k people hired each month just to keep up with population groth!

Um, so we're supposed to disregard the official numbers, based on something you read somewhere that isn't sourced?

Look, I agree with your overall point. But the central piece of your argument is based on hearsay.

oh, and the money pumped in by the federal reserve isn't meant to create jobs. Ugh, you're making me partially defend the FED, the Freakin Evil Devil. But what you said about them is kind of ignorant.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There is more than one Official number. They run U-1 thorugh U-6. U-3 ..middle of the criteria set.. is what is commonly reported and what I find the least reliable anyway. The link goes to show all 6 and a short explanation of which is counting what numbers ...In a progression of more comprehensive ones.

Bureau of Labor U1 - U6 Stats

I wonder how the Seasonally adjusted is calculated and how easily adjusted that adjustment is?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Seasonally adjusted just means that they only count the people who have a six-month-a-year job when they are getting a paycheck. The six months when they don't get a paycheck they are conveniently ignored. Just another way to lie.

Having had seasonal employment for a couple of years I can tell you that the part with no check is spent on unemployment.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So, is that 7% of the total Population or 7% of the Working Force??? I have a strange feeling that the Gov. is counting 1-16 yr olds because I would say that number would be closer to 20% if your counting actual people that can work.

I am from the Central Valley of Cali by the way, which would explain my outlook on it.

But, there is no way the unemployment rate no matter how you spin it is 7-8%. It is way above that number.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Everyone just got a tax increase, they just got their healthcare rates increased which takes money out of the economy.

Well sure, for the likes of you it's OK for people go untreated and die. Because, you see, otherwise it could (shudder!) "take money out of the economy".

Moments like this make me have more respect for the Bible than I usually do.

I mean, seriously, if you support the money pump in favor of special interests, that for some reason we call "healthcare" here in the United States of A, we need a new dictionary.

What does the SACRED economy matter if everyone suffers? Wages get cut for sake of what? So that the mysterious ECONOMY looks better? Some people have strange fetishes.

I care more about common sense and human sensibility than I do about my own tax rate (which happens to be in a very high bracket). Doing nothing about the healthcare, how it is administered, paid for and delivered, equals idiocy in my book. Equals idiocy. Did I mention it equals idiocy? Oh well, it's idiocy.

edit on 6-4-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well this thread obviously hits the nerve because it's quite active. Now, in face of this...

Can I utter the "P" word...

Protectionism.

Yup. There.

When you look at statistics (and I did) going years back, the US of A can actually produce most anything it needs or wants and supply these items to the populace.

What is so freaking different now?

Answer: nothing. Except for corporate greed that needs to export the soul of the US for one yuan for 1,000 dollars worth of American spirit.

Come on now, we are bleeding money on the deficit. Why, oh why do we keep the borders open for imports?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Quoted for truth

I remember I used to bike a river valley and there was a prairie fire by one of the trails. Everything was so black. Then a couple weeks later grass with the brightest green I've ever seen started to sprout. The contrast was amazingly beautiful. Our society is drab. "All our colors have run" and we're left with hobo grey. We're due for a fire and it isn't such a bad thing. -tarsubil

In the grand scheme of things, it may indeed be a good thing - but for all of us dry blades of grass - the coming brush fire is going to be a calamity of epic proportions. -Citxmech

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well sure, for the likes of you it's OK for people go untreated and die. Because, you see, otherwise it could (shudder!) "take money out of the economy".

What utter nonsense quote exactly where that was said i would finish this post, but what's the point really

People are going to twist what ever is said to their own agendas.

Pont of fact not the elected leader of this country that would be that guy going around say he can turn water in to wine, my mistake printing money out of thin air, and has done nothing to address 90 million people out of work, or the 50 million on welfare, another 50 million on medicare, 50 million on SS,and whoever is on SS gets medicare.

Uh wait now wait now what was that comment ?

. Doing nothing about the healthcare,

Doing nothing about healthcare?

Was that a joke?

I mean really? 100 million Americans on Medicare,Medicaid, added 30 mlllion new people to programs that can't already be paid for.

how it is administered, paid for and delivered, equals idiocy in my book.

So yeah I agree since those programs are poorly administered, poorly funded does equal "idiocy".

I care more about common sense and human sensibility t

Apparently not considering those social programs are the biggest killer of wealth and job creation that should be in the private sector.
edit on 6-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 6-4-2013 by kyleabent because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2013 by kyleabent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

Care to explain how the total involvement of the workforce had dropped; coinciding with the drop in unemployment? Are jobs being created (by companies and private enterprise; yes), are people dropping out of the workforce (no longer looking, no longer trying to find a job in their field; yes), are disability numbers up (15% claiming mental distress; yes), all leads to a diminishing number of people actually engaged in meaningful work.

In the end, when 88,000 jobs are 'created'; did the media even mention the added numbers to the unemployment or the jobs lost?

The civilian labor force declined by 496,000 over the month
From the government. So the nation added 88K jobs; but nearly half a million dropped out of the labor force. That isn't good news.

Choose to be educated and not ride some political ideology, or continue to think things are grand. They aren't and I would be right here if it were anyone else in the White House.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Can we really say that the unemployment went down though? As far as I know those that aren't in the labor force aren't counted toward the unenployment number. This would mean that if those 90 million people where looking for work, unemployment would go up. That's almost 1/3 of the US population!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Per my understanding that 7% only is those in the labor force.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by hoochymama

Per my understanding that 7% only is those in the labor force.

Cherry picked numbers does not include those unemployed no longer looking to be employed, unemployed but on food stamps or some form of govt subsistence, or those that have lost their benefits because they have been unemployed too long or for some other reason they became ineligible to get benefits. There are now categories in the labor statistics that weed out the in fact unemployed so they are not counted.

The counting itself on top of that is with sampling. Selected regions with the least unemployment are used to provide the sampling and when they strike sub-regions that will exceed their target low limit, they stop sampling.

It's been done like this for decades. It's not just this admin. So can we have an honest discussion without bringing politics or race into it? Slinging racism is the last bastion of when someone knows they've lost a debate.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by camaro68ss

I hope most of the people on ATS are bright enough to know the official Unemployment Rate put out by our government is totally BOGUS.

I doubt this is bogus statistic, although it is not accurate statistics, as it only counts in people who are officially registered themselves as unemployed. Too many people have access to the records to fake them. Even lower level workers in unemployment bureaus have access to certain records.

Somebody posted here that officially 67% of workforce is working. That means 33% are not working for whatever reasons, although over 20% of them have not registered themselves as unemployed for whatever reasons, whether it is staying home with kids or being simply too lazy to actively search for a job- many people are also earning from non-official jobs and internet, poker, betting etc, although it is hard to count them in.

Often a term NEET is used for younger people: (Not in Education, Employment or Training). In my opinion that is a good way to determine the unemployment in certain age-groups.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm curious, what's the point of working for minimum wage when welfare pays more? All these people saying "there are jobs out there" have no grasp of reality. You can't survive on minimum wage, it's impossible especially in states like New York or California. You're almost better off sitting on your butt watching Oprah all day.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
The employment problem has been ongoing from about the year 2000 to the present and this post is not intended to garner a political rhetoric.

Putting some of his controversial policies aside, the US growth in employment was great when Bill Clinton was the US President. I am referring to decent paying employment not just being employed. The employment situation in the US started on a downhill slide when G. W. Bush took office.

Actually, No, bush did not create the unemployment problem. Not even close to that. The numbers show it.

(Source)

It is what it is...and there it sits in black and white for all to see just where, when and by extension ...WHO did what and when.

Policies absolutely DID impact business and they really did kick the stuffing out of the labor market...but that would be the timeline back to when Clinton took office. I suppose we can all read it how we'd like from there.

Gotta keep it real, eh? Each President has their ups, downs and outright fails. Employment wasn't one of Bush's bigger downfalls, even if much else was.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I work at a warehouse which only pays the workers on average 9 dollars an hour,on my shift I've been averaging 35 applictions a day,many with various degrees,and applicants increase daily,we have 3 times that apply on internet

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Do those numbers adjust for the mex. With fake ss numbers. Like the ones my employer uses for cheap labor! Im gonna turn his ass in! Can somebody tell me how to do it without losing my job?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join