It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA March Unemployment, Disaster. Lowest worker rate since 1979!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by xedocodex

reply to post by xedocodex

No, I asked him to prove they are "sky rocketing"...which is different than normal increases. I find it funny that he can't prove anything he has said in this thread with actual facts.

So you don't think that 'skyrocketing' is a relative term?

Maybe you can cite specific parameters that would prove a price is 'skyrocketing' vs 'just rising'.

I didn't use the word "sky rocketing"...it is on him to prove his ridiculous claim...it's not on my to disprove it or try to figure out what he means by "sky rocketing".

If it is so plain to see...why doesn't he just prove it?

Yeah,
I didn't think that you could.

You didn't think I could what? Define a word he used?

Your arguments are becoming silly.

The thing is, I can prove him wrong...I'm just wanting to see how long he is willing to drag this out. How much time he is willing to waste looking for something he can't find. I already have the data in hand that proves him wrong...but if I post it, he will just ignore it. So why not let him waste his time for awhile or come back with anecdotal "proof".

Why aren't you more concerned about having him prove his claim rather than being concerned about me trying to define the words he uses for him???

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

[.
ha ha ha

You are free to have your opinion.

However I do believe I'll be on the right side of history, and the Tea Party type loons will be looked back upon as the backwards people they are with irrational hate towards someone who just happens to be the first black president. Go ahead, cry about the race card...but the coincidence is just too much to be ignored.

ha ha the teaparty .yea all those middle class white taxpayer we are the evil ones lol, yea yea

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It should be easy for you to prove that prices are not skyrocketing.

They are going down, right? In your world?

..but if I post it, he will just ignore it. So why not let him waste his time for awhile or come back with anecdotal "proof".

Surely, even a shill with a twisted mind would have to admit that this is a very lame excuse.
edit on 5-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

ha ha the teaparty .yea all those middle class white taxpayer we are the evil ones lol, yea yea

I didn't say anyone is "evil"

But since you brought it up...you clearly have an opinion on who you think are the "evil ones"...care to share that opinion?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Someone want to explain to me 90 million people not working out of 320+million is an "improvement" ?

The economy is doing fine?

Everyone just got a tax increase, they just got their healthcare rates increased which takes money out of the economy.

$85 billion dollars being pumped in sure the hell doesn't help the only thing they are doing is artifiical manipulation much like a bubble as with all them they do burst.

Really is amazing how some people will sing the praises of the current regime in Mordor.

Meh

Shame people either can't or don't want to see the writing on the wall.
edit on 5-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It should be easy for you to prove that prices are not skyrocketing.

They are going down, right? In your world?

Some are, some aren't. Food prices aren't static...and they aren't something that only rises or only falls.

It is quite easy to show that food prices of basic food items have not increased at a higher rate than they have in recent history.

Surely, even a shill with a twisted mind would have to admit that this is a very lame excuse.

I'm just waiting for him to try to prove his own claim.

I think it is important for people to follow through and either prove their claim or admit they are wrong. If he doesn't decide to do either, I will prove him wrong for him. But you made a similar claim...and you aren't doing much to prove it either.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No, I asked him to prove they are "sky rocketing"...which is different than normal increases. I find it funny that he can't prove anything he has said in this thread with actual facts.

So you don't think that 'skyrocketing' is a relative term?

Maybe you can cite specific parameters that would prove a price is 'skyrocketing' vs 'just rising'.

I didn't use the word "sky rocketing"...it is on him to prove his ridiculous claim...it's not on my to disprove it or try to figure out what he means by "sky rocketing".

If it is so plain to see...why doesn't he just prove it?

Yeah,
I didn't think that you could.

You didn't think I could what? Define a word he used?

Your arguments are becoming silly.

The thing is, I can prove him wrong...I'm just wanting to see how long he is willing to drag this out. How much time he is willing to waste looking for something he can't find. I already have the data in hand that proves him wrong...but if I post it, he will just ignore it. So why not let him waste his time for awhile or come back with anecdotal "proof".

Why aren't you more concerned about having him prove his claim rather than being concerned about me trying to define the words he uses for him???

I guess fuel demand is down to 2001 one levels. But prices are up!!!!
www.zerohedge.com...

food inflation, you would know this because you shop for you own food.
www.zerohedge.com...

now that i have provide at least 8-9 links throughout this whole thread and you have yet to prove one link to back yourself up.
edit on 5-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by camaro68ss

Many of these companies are just doing it because they can and they are lining their pockets along the way. It's shameful but it is what it is.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. If a company has a new product coming out that could change the way we look at that particular product, but there's another company coming out with something similar... should they hire someone to sabotage the other company? That's shameful but they have to get ahead right?

According to you, this is what many companies are doing, only instead of sabotaging another company, they're hurting people for their own personal, selfish gain. I don't understand why people even consider working for these companies anymore. I couldn't live with myself knowing I'm benefiting that kinda individual by working for him. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I guess demand is down to 2001 one levels. But prices are up!!!!
www.zerohedge.com...

food inflation, you would know this because you shop for you own food.
www.zerohedge.com...

now that i have provide at least 8-9 links throughout this whole thread and you have yet to prove anything you say with any back up yet.

Gasoline is not food...you are dodging

Your article about food prices is an article about someone PREDICTING INFLATION OF FOOD PRICES...NOT AN ACTUAL RISE.

You are so pathetic..you just can't admit you made a false claim. I have to head out, when I'm back I'm going to show you some actual historical food prices to show how wrong you are.

And I've provided many links...you just are ignoring them...like you do with all facts.

one link is gas, one link is food. if you read the artical, and its long so i doubt you did, you would see there has been a rise in prices. Name calling only proves you have no legs to stand on.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

But you made a similar claim...and you aren't doing much to prove it either.

I submit this....ATS post
Where have you been?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Gasoline is not food...you are dodging

Gasoline is used to make food the more fuel costs the cost is translated across the board not only to food on the shelf but ever other consumer product.

Compounded by when more money is printed/introduced in to the economy it devalue's which is where that old saying comes in to play, " That dollar doesn't buy what it use to".

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

Its amazing those that are willfully in denial. The workforce Participation rate is at 1979 levels! Estimated population in 1979 was 221,719,000
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Todays population is 315,000,000! you really thing thats an improvment? We have almost 100,000,000 Million more people in america today yet the employment number is that of 1979!

Get out of the Trance man!!!! Wake up!

Of course workforce levels are lower. We have one our largest generations leaving and have left the work force and are going/have gone into retirement. And this is why nobody pays attention to silly stats like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

Its amazing those that are willfully in denial. The workforce Participation rate is at 1979 levels! Estimated population in 1979 was 221,719,000
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Todays population is 315,000,000! you really thing thats an improvment? We have almost 100,000,000 Million more people in america today yet the employment number is that of 1979!

Get out of the Trance man!!!! Wake up!

Of course workforce levels are lower. We have one our largest generations leaving and have left the work force and are going/have gone into retirement. And this is why nobody pays attention to silly stats like that.

if that was the case i guess there would be a ton of jobs out there for everyone huh. New emplyoment rolls should be shooting way past the 88k mark like there did today huh?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just getting caught up (had to watch Supernatural and spend time with my son)

So where are we?

Obama is a bad president who doesn't know how to do the job. He is treating the presidency as a community organizer. By division. By creating an "enemy".

First it was the "1%".
Then it was just the wealthy.
Then it was those that cling to their bibles and guns.
Now it's just the gun owners.
And he still wants to raise taxes!

All the while, unemployment is still bad. The economy is anemic.

He doesn't know what to do. He can lead a march, start a protest, polarize a community.

But he can't govern a nation.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just getting caught up (had to watch Supernatural and spend time with my son)

So where are we?

Obama is a bad president who doesn't know how to do the job. He is treating the presidency as a community organizer. By division. By creating an "enemy".

First it was the "1%".
Then it was just the wealthy.
Then it was those that cling to their bibles and guns.
Now it's just the gun owners.
And he still wants to raise taxes!

All the while, unemployment is still bad. The economy is anemic.

He doesn't know what to do. He can lead a march, start a protest, polarize a community. [ He can play Golf, He can party all He wants, He can rub elbows with Hollywood elite, He can "skeet shoot" .]

But he can't govern a nation.

Added a little there

The perfect post

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

Many of these companies are just doing it because they can and they are lining their pockets along the way. It's shameful but it is what it is.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

That has to be it because the company I work for has been going gangbusters for years. We just hired three new people, one a couple of months ago, and I think one more hire is in the works. We sell spools to companies, not to the public, so these companies that are keeping us busy must also be busy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Obama had nothing to do with it. Neither does any President. This is all about the private sector. And we are far from "pulling out" of it....just heading in the right direction, albeit at impulse speed.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Obama had nothing to do with it. Neither does any President. This is all about the private sector. And we are far from "pulling out" of it....just heading in the right direction, albeit at impulse speed.

Hmmm. I don't know about this.

It is possible that we haven't taken that 'nosedive' yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

one link is gas, one link is food. if you read the artical, and its long so i doubt you did, you would see there has been a rise in prices. Name calling only proves you have no legs to stand on.

Your food article is SPECULATION on a FUTURE increase.

You want to see some actual data???

Here you go.

Here is milk prices for the past 5 years.
ycharts.com...

Feb 2011 - 19.10
Feb 2012 - 17.70
Feb 2013 - 19.50

Where is the "sky rocketing" price???

Do you want to check an overall food price index??? Here you go.
www.indexmundi.com...

Again...no "sky rocketing". Normal fluctations and really nothing bad at all.

Oh...but you want more huh...sure

Sugar
Corn
Butter

See..these are called facts. Your speculative article...that is mostly focused on the huge increase in food prices in 2007 (which was a pre-cursor to the recession).

So where is this mythical "sky rocketing" of food prices. And please define "sky rocketing". When I have to pay double for a product within a year...then you can say food prices are sky rocketing...until then you are just AGAIN parroting talking points that have no backing.

So please show me out of all that REAL WORLD DATA I just linked to...where is the "sky rocketing".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join