It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA March Unemployment, Disaster. Lowest worker rate since 1979!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Funny how when it's just a boring Gov.site
instead of a politically motivated site the numbers magically
have no doom. Weird I know...

Little if any change at all for March;
www.bls.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by camaro68ss

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes. When people fall out of the employment ranks, how is that a good think? We have 1 in 6 people on food stamps, is that a good thing?

Again...you are just so desperate to complain about something. You ignore the major indicators of a recovering economy to focus on the talking points spoon fed to you by Fox News. The food stamp rate is more of a problem with companies not paying a living wage more than an economic issue...it is a capitalism and greed issue.

The Fed has always bought treasury bonds...sometimes at an increased rate...and guess what...IT WORKS. Doesn't it get a little old always complaining and predicting doom and gloom for it to never come???

There will always be people unemployed, this is a fact. There will always be people that need assistance, this is a fact. But the economy is recovering and that is also a fact. In the future, kids will learn historic fact that Obama inherited a nose diving economy and with his policies he saved it....sorry...it's just the facts now...it is no longer speculation.

Independent statistics

www.zerohedge.com...
www.shadowstats.com...
www.trendsresearch.com...

zerohedge and shadowstats use the BLS numbers as their source and then they just fudge them up with their own ASSUMPTIONS.

I found nothing about unemployment on trendsresearch.

Don't fall for the trap of comparing pre-Obama U3 with current U6. If you don't understand what that means, then you shouldn't even be discussing this topic until you educate yourself a little more.

The feds are printing and purchasing 45 billion dollars worth of US bonds a month. 90% of us bonds today are bought by the FEDs. So 90% of the government bills are being bought with printed money. Another 40 Billion a month is being printed and the FEDs are purchasing "toxic Assets" from the banks. They are printing money and buying up bad home loans from the banks. Your lord and saver Obama is propping up the banking industry with printed money. He is printing money and bailing out bankers and wall street fat cats.

If the economy was health and in recovery, this would not be happening. your lord obama is in bed with wall street.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes.

So, if I have too much month at the end of my money, can I print some in my basement to cover the difference?

Pretty, please?

Yes, it's called credit.

Most people have used credit to purchase things even if you don't use credit cards...cars, houses, education, etc.

It's hilarious that people act like this is a new thing that only the government does.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes.

So, if I have too much month at the end of my money, can I print some in my basement to cover the difference?

Pretty, please?

Yes, it's called credit.

Most people have used credit to purchase things even if you don't use credit cards...cars, houses, education, etc.

It's hilarious that people act like this is a new thing that only the government does.

printing money is not credit, Printing money is monetary debasement that leads to inflation. you should not be debating these things if you dont know what your talking about.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

7.6% is the new normal for unemployment.

Remember when it was 4%?

Not anymore. Don't expect it to go down for years, thanks to Obama!

Oh yes, I remember when it was 4%...that was when Clinton was President

And you can continue to lie to yourself and pretend that the largest spike of unemployment wasn't under Bush...that is fine. Bush inherited a 4.2% unemployment rate and handed Obama a 7.8% unemployment rate. Obama had to endure rising unemployment the first 9 months of his Presidency due to Bush's economy. After 9 months he finally stopped the bleeding and it has been a slow but steady decline since.

But yes...keep blaming Obama for Bush's problems that occured before Obama was in office.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Remember when it was 4%?

And you can continue to lie to yourself and pretend that the largest spike of unemployment wasn't under Bush...that is fine. Bush inherited a 4.2% unemployment rate and handed Obama a 7.8% unemployment rate. Obama had to endure rising unemployment the first 9 months of his Presidency due to Bush's economy. After 9 months he finally stopped the bleeding and it has been a slow but steady decline since.

But yes...keep blaming Obama for Bush's problems that occured before Obama was in office.

your still blinded by the two party system, both partys suck, bush suched , obama sucks more. get over it. your true evil are these in the FED and the banking Cartel

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Yes, it's called credit. Most people have used credit to purchase things even if you don't use credit cards...cars, houses, education, etc. It's hilarious that people act like this is a new thing that only the government does.

It sounds like what you are saying is that more debt is the answer?

Debt will certainly help, especially more of it.

Something is clearly, horribly wrong with our system if we must bury ourselves up to our eyeballs in debt to be able to get by. And, when the government is doing this on an unprecedented scale, it is clear how twisted things have really become.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

printing money is not credit, Printing money is monetary debasement that leads to inflation. you should not be debating these things if you dont know what your talking about.

The government doesn't print money...the Fed Reserve does (not part of the government). The Government sells bonds to gain money from the Fed Reserve...which is in essence credit because at some point the government has to pay money back to the Fed for those bonds.

To make it simple...Selling Bonds is how the government extends their credit. Taking out loans or using a credit card is how individuals extend their credit. It is the exact same thing...please educate yourself.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

It sounds like what you are saying is that more debt is the answer?

Debt will certainly help, especially more of it.

Something is clearly, horribly wrong with our system if we must bury ourselves up to our eyeballs in debt to be able to get by. And, when the government is doing this on an unprecedented scale, it is clear how twisted things have really become.

No, I was simply replying to you pointing out that if you have bought anything on credit or loan at any time of your life...then you have "printed money" for yourself just the same the government is.

Have you ever bought anything on credit? If so, aren't you being a little hypocritical?

And where do you come up with the idea that the government is doing this on an "unprecedented scale"??? The government has always been in debt, in the global system we are operating in...it is good to carry debt if you think you can borrow money at a lower rate than the value of your assets will increase. This is how almost all businesses operate...the government is no different.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The government doesn't print money...the Fed Reserve does (not part of the government). The Government sells bonds to gain money from the Fed Reserve...which is in essence credit because at some point the government has to pay money back to the Fed for those bonds.

To make it simple...Selling Bonds is how the government extends their credit. Taking out loans or using a credit card is how individuals extend their credit. It is the exact same thing...please educate yourself.

yes i know this and the Fed Reserve notes happen to be our currency we are using. So if they print the money then loan it to the treasury, its monetary debasement, not credit.

Prier to 2008 the Federal reserve purchased little in the bond market. bonds where mostly sold to other countrys as investments. In 90 years up to 2008, the Fed Reserves know balance sheet was at 800 million. In less than 5 years it has jumped close to 4 trillion. Healthy in your book huh?
edit on 5-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Remember when it was 4%?

5 years.

5 years and you are still blaming Bush.

Before, it was lame and pathetic when you progs did that.

Now it's just sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And both are really really really stupid ways of living.

This whole notion of infinite growth is a bottle of snake oil sold to you by those who serve to benefit from it . . . the FED gets richer from the interest the goverenment pays for buying # they can't afford and the banks get richer from the interest the people pay for buying # they can't afford.

If you're part of the suppliers of the credit . . . its a good thing. If your not, you're in financial jail for the rest of your days on this sphere.

So, who gets best served by making things look better than they actually are?

Therein lies the rub, bub.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

This whole notion of infinite growth is a bottle of snake oil sold to you by those who serve to benefit from it . . . the FED gets richer from the interest the goverenment pays for buying # they can't afford and the banks get richer from the interest the people pay for buying # they can't afford.

If you're part of the suppliers of the credit . . . its a good thing. If your not, you're in financial jail for the rest of your days on this sphere.

you cant help him, hes a true believer in the government is here to help you. He has full faith in there talking points and questions nothing. You can’t help those type of people. If the government tells him the sky is now green, hell be the first to tell you on ATS that the sky is now green

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

yes i know this and the Fed Reserve notes happen to be our currency we are using. So if they print the money then loan it to the treasury, its monetary debasement, not credit.

Prier to 2008 the Federal reserve purchased little in the bond market. bond where mostly sold to other countrys as investments. In 90 years up to 2008, the Fed Reserves know balance sheet was at 800 million. In less than 5 years it has jumped close to 4 trillion. Healthy in your book huh?

Yes, it is fine in my book because almost every single wealthy country in the world did the same thing during the same time.

If the US did it by themselves, sure, you would have a valid complaint...but they didn't...they did it along with all the big global players. In fact, if we didn't, we would be at a significant dis-advantage against those economies that did use quantitative easing. And there is no drawback for the US since it was done in conjuction with other countries.

And the Fed Reserve does not hold 4 trillion in bonds, it is more like 1.6 trillion...up from 800 billion...so about double. Again, it was done along with the other top economies in the world...so overall not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It all = bad news, Ice burg dead ahead!

What is"ice burg"? Is this a novel ice cream burger sandwich? Or a town in Germany?

you never had an ice burg before, its a spicy burger thats so hot it taste cold.

No I haven't had that. But now I know what's "dead ahead"!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

5 years.

Now it's just sad.

Nope...I'm quite happy with where Obama has brought the economy.

But no amount of time will change the fact that Bush tanked the economy in his last few years of his Presidency. It can be 50 years and that fact will remain unchanged.

Obama was passed crap on a plate from Bush...and he managed to turn it around. The question is, how long will it take for you to acknowledge the fact that Obama saved the economy??? Your kids or grandkids will learn this fact in school...are you going to tell them it's all a lie???

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Prier to 2008 the Federal reserve purchased little in the bond market. bond where mostly sold to other countrys as investments. In 90 years up to 2008, the Fed Reserves know balance sheet was at 800 million. In less than 5 years it has jumped close to 4 trillion. Healthy in your book huh?

Yes, it is fine in my book because almost every single wealthy country in the world did the same thing during the same time.

If the US did it by themselves, sure, you would have a valid complaint...but they didn't...they did it along with all the big global players. In fact, if we didn't, we would be at a significant dis-advantage against those economies that did use quantitative easing. And there is no drawback for the US since it was done in conjuction with other countries.

And the Fed Reserve does not hold 4 trillion in bonds, it is more like 1.6 trillion...up from 800 billion...so about double. Again, it was done along with the other top economies in the world...so overall not a big deal.

no draw back huh? thats why gas is at record highs when demand is at 1991 levels? Is that why food and power are so high right now?

the Fed Reserve balance sheet are at 3.1 Trillion. looks like we both need to get our facts in line.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

THAT is what is sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Like anything in life, moderation and a little logic is key.

People get hung up on the numbers of the Governments debt, because they compare it to their individual situation...but the fact is that the government can hold more debt because they have more money than individuals.

Just the same as a rich man can hold more debt than a poor person and not be in any trouble. Having debt is not inherently a bad thing. Having too much debt or having bad debt is a bad thing.

If I am going to buy a house and I can buy a house that will increase in value more when compared to the interest I would pay over the course of the loan and I can afford the payments, that is good debt. If I take out a student loan to get a degree in something that will get me a good paying job, that is good debt.

However, if I go out and buy a house because I want to impress my friends...and doing so I have to stretch the limits of my credit and take a loan out that the interest I pay will overwhelm any increase in value...that is bad debt. If I take out a student loan to get a degree in philosophy...that is bad debt.

If you are intelligent and smart with your money, you can use debt to your advantage. Unfortunately, the majority of people aren't smart...and they use debt to pay for a life style they can't afford.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

5 years.

Now it's just sad.

But no amount of time will change the fact that Bush tanked the economy in his last few years of his Presidency. It can be 50 years and that fact will remain unchanged.

Obama was passed crap on a plate from Bush...and he managed to turn it around. The question is, how long will it take for you to acknowledge the fact that Obama saved the economy??? Your kids or grandkids will learn this fact in school...are you going to tell them it's all a lie???

yes, its a lie, expanding the nations "credit card" to make everything look "normal" at a record pace is not how you fix the economy. Not saying it was all obamas fault, but having close to 17 trillion in debt and 118 trillion in unfunded Liabilities, Obama will be know as the last President that could have stopped this train wreck and didn’t

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join