USA March Unemployment, Disaster. Lowest worker rate since 1979!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by xedocodex
I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

with sequestration, unemployment will start to climb back up, making a lot of republican congressmen happy.

You guys are thick headed and dont know your facts.

Sequester was a slowdown of future spending. Instead of spending a 6% increase on todays budget next year, its only going to be 4%.

Its like me saying, Im going to save money next year because im not buying the Dodge Viper anymore, Im going to buy the Chevy Corvette next year.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by St Udio

That’s a good theory you have. Either way the economy is not improving. All the numbers are fudged! I don’t even believe the numbers that are out right now. The numbers released are spun and are at least twice as worse as reported.

But you are using the numbers that the government has released to bitch and moan about the economy.

So in your mind it is ok to cherry pick numbers you want to believe...as long as you can complain about them?

You can live in your perpetual state of gloom if you want...I'll live in reality where almost all aspects of the economy are improving....housing, jobs, stock market, etc.

Independent reports are double of what the government release. That’s why I said I don’t trust the government reports. There all spun.

how is printing 85 Billion dollars a month good? your "recovering" economy is based off printed money. Its now takeing, per the governments numbers, 1 billion dollars of printed money to make one job!

if the economy is "recovering" and the stock market is at an all time high, why are the FED's still printing money? huh? The moment the money stops being printed, the economy falls. We are in a Inflationary death spiral.
edit on 5-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Thanks for pointing that out, that its the percentage that's the same not the number. I wanted to point it out but you got there first.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

Thanks for pointing that out, that its the percentage that's the same not the number. I wanted to point it out but you got there first.

Yes, i understand my fault on that one. still as a percentage, its bad.

The great thing about independent thinkers like myself is we can admit when we mess up, Obama drones cant. If MSM says its true, then by god its true.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

I don't much care for Barak Obama . . . who cares who happens to be president of the US at any given time . . . they're all cut from the same elitist cloth so for me its akin to getting a pickie rod up the arse or getting a kick in the gnarlies . . . either way the person on the giving end is much better off that the poor bastard on the receiving end.

That being said, it would appear that 7.8 percent of the workforce is not working and collecting some sort of unemployment insurance benefit.

For the mathematically challenged, that means almost eight out of every 100 people of employment age are out of work and collecting some dough to mitigate their lack of a paycheque.

Yay . . . things are good and rosie all over.

But, from the numbers thrown around in here, of those 100 people only sixty something of them are really working. That means there's more than thirty per 100 who are not.

Unless there's some magic new definition of being unemployed, that means there's a whole whack of people out there not working and that isn't good as they provide no real benefit to the country other than the ability to take up air, eat whatever food they can afford and place a similar burden on the waste treatment facilities throughout the country, depending on what they can afford to eat.

How is this not a problem and why is it that those in positions to do so continually skew the numbers to try and make it look better. You can't fix what's broke unless you first admit it's broke. If one continues to play 'lets pretend' with the employment numbers for the sake of keeping the market going, you're eventually going to end up in an even bigger pickle because the desparity between classes grows to a point where it gets ugly.

Regardless what we think of the emperor's new clothes, the bottom line is that while parading about thinking things are all fancy-dancy, the average person can still see the emp's doodle. And, if the economy is analygous to the Emp's toilet parts, it's a pretty cold day out there in Noclothesville.

Similarly, for those looking at the fact that more than 30 of every 100 people don't have a job, it's pretty much the same in despite the fact that it is being paraded about that unemployment is dropping and everything's okey-dokey, even the thickest brick can see . . . well . . . it ain't

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

with sequestration, unemployment will start to climb back up, making a lot of republican congressmen happy.

You guys are thick headed and dont know your facts.

Sequester was a slowdown of future spending. Instead of spending a 6% increase on todays budget next year, its only going to be 4%.

Its like me saying, Im going to save money next year because im not buying the Dodge Viper anymore, Im going to buy the Chevy Corvette next year.

The Obama Bunch is playing for all it is worth too!
The Navy's Blue Angels, the Air Force's Thunderbirds and I believe the Golden Knights parachute team have all been grounded by the sequester. afba.com

Who would have known that they would have to shut down all this and TSA and Border Security.... all because we are spending MORE money than we did last year!!!
edit on 5-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you're gonna play the "blame" game...don't blame Obama; blame Home Depot, Office Depot, Staples, Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, and all the other corporations that have swallowed up small businesses with their "super centers". We can also put partial blame on the internet because lots of people are doing their business online. We live in a global world, ladies and gentleman! Get used to the changes.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Independent reports are double of what the government release. That’s why I said I don’t trust the government reports. There all spun.

Independent reports??? Which ones? Can you link to them and how they obtain their data???

I have a feeling you aren't going to come up with anything and most likely dodge this.

how is printing 85 Billion dollars a month good? your "recovering" economy is based off printed money. Its now takeing, per the governments numbers, 1 billion dollars of printed money to make one job!

if the economy is "recovering" and the stock market is at an all time high, why are the FED's still printing money? huh? The moment the money stops being printed, the economy falls. We are in a Inflationary death spiral.

And there go the goalposts...being moved.

You have totally lost your argument on unemployment...so now you are off to the next Conservative talking point.

Inflationary death spiral??? Is that like the "super-inflation" that Conservative fear mongered about in 2009??? You know...the "super inflation" that never showed up!!!

You are a clear case of eating up propaganda without understanding it, then parroting it and looking a little foolish.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes, i understand my fault on that one. still as a percentage, its bad.

The great thing about independent thinkers like myself is we can admit when we mess up, Obama drones cant. If MSM says its true, then by god its true.

But it's not that bad...and it isn't even a new trend...it has been trending down since 2000 for multiple reasons. It has nothing to do with the current state of the economy.

But you can no longer claim that unemployement is above 8%...you can't claim that it isn't continuing a downward trend...so now you and others that just have this desperate need to complain about something look for a different number...a number that has been on the downward trend for 13 years and you say "A-HA....TAKE THAT OBAMA". Except it just shows how desperate and uninformed you are.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Unless there's some magic new definition of being unemployed, that means there's a whole whack of people out there not working and that isn't good as they provide no real benefit to the country other than the ability to take up air, eat whatever food they can afford and place a similar burden on the waste treatment facilities throughout the country, depending on what they can afford to eat.

The labor participation rate is not the same thing as the unemployment rate. So when they say the labor participation rate is 63%, that doesn't mean that 37% are unemployed. It means that 37% are not in the labor force.

A stay at home mom is not considered unemployed...and they are not considered part of the labor force. They are part of the 37% that are not in the labor force. Same goes for full time students who aren't working, people who have retired, and people who just aren't actively looking for a job for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I love how everyone maintains that we are in an economic 'recovery'.

The price of nearly everything has gone up, everyone is broke, we have record numbers of people on food stamps, all the foreclosures, people living on the streets and in tent cities, schools denying children lunch because they are broke... but, hey! The economy is on an upturn, right?

Upturn for who? Certainly not the little guy, the regular joe that desperately needs relief. Certainly not for the people for who are scraping by and barely keeping their heads above water. Certainly not for those who have lost everything in this mess.

I do not know one single person who isn't struggling now, even the people who were 'comfortable' before, are feeling the burn more than ever now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I can't argue with that. I'm one of those people who has struggled for years just to get by then went back to school and got an engineering degree. Since then, I've been making more money than I ever thought I would, but I still am crushed by this economy, and the fact that I am in so much debt just to get where I am.

I always thought that if you make over 6 figures you could make it in this world, my how things have changed.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Independent reports??? Which ones? Can you link to them and how they obtain their data???

I have a feeling you aren't going to come up with anything and most likely dodge this.

And there go the goalposts...being moved.

You have totally lost your argument on unemployment...so now you are off to the next Conservative talking point.

Inflationary death spiral??? Is that like the "super-inflation" that Conservative fear mongered about in 2009??? You know...the "super inflation" that never showed up!!!

You are a clear case of eating up propaganda without understanding it, then parroting it and looking a little foolish.

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes. When people fall out of the employment ranks, how is that a good think? We have 1 in 6 people on food stamps, is that a good thing?

Yes inflation, it takes years for it to kick in. its not over night. go to the supermarket and buy food, unless your mommy buys your food, buy gas. all up in pricing yet gas demand is at 1991 lows.

Independent statistics

www.zerohedge.com...
www.shadowstats.com...
www.trendsresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes.

So, if I have too much month at the end of my money, can I print some in my basement to cover the difference?

Pretty, please?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It all = bad news, Ice burg dead ahead!

What is"ice burg"? Is this a novel ice cream burger sandwich? Or a town in Germany?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

7.6% is the new normal for unemployment.

Remember when it was 4%?

Not anymore. Don't expect it to go down for years, thanks to Obama!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

you have yet answer my question on the FEDS printing money. The “goal posts” aren’t being moved. Feds printing money was in my OP. I guess printing money to pay bills is a good thing in your eyes. When people fall out of the employment ranks, how is that a good think? We have 1 in 6 people on food stamps, is that a good thing?

Again...you are just so desperate to complain about something. You ignore the major indicators of a recovering economy to focus on the talking points spoon fed to you by Fox News. The food stamp rate is more of a problem with companies not paying a living wage more than an economic issue...it is a capitalism and greed issue.

The Fed has always bought treasury bonds...sometimes at an increased rate...and guess what...IT WORKS. Doesn't it get a little old always complaining and predicting doom and gloom for it to never come???

There will always be people unemployed, this is a fact. There will always be people that need assistance, this is a fact. But the economy is recovering and that is also a fact. In the future, kids will learn historic fact that Obama inherited a nose diving economy and with his policies he saved it....sorry...it's just the facts now...it is no longer speculation.

Independent statistics

www.zerohedge.com...
www.shadowstats.com...
www.trendsresearch.com...

zerohedge and shadowstats use the BLS numbers as their source and then they just fudge them up with their own ASSUMPTIONS.

I found nothing about unemployment on trendsresearch.

Don't fall for the trap of comparing pre-Obama U3 with current U6. If you don't understand what that means, then you shouldn't even be discussing this topic until you educate yourself a little more.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

It all = bad news, Ice burg dead ahead!

What is"ice burg"? Is this a novel ice cream burger sandwich? Or a town in Germany?

you never had an ice burg before, its a spicy burger thats so hot it taste cold.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by daryllyn

I can't argue with that. I'm one of those people who has struggled for years just to get by then went back to school and got an engineering degree. Since then, I've been making more money than I ever thought I would, but I still am crushed by this economy, and the fact that I am in so much debt just to get where I am.

I always thought that if you make over 6 figures you could make it in this world, my how things have changed.

Great job on continuing your education!

Things have definitely taken a turn for the worst and more and more people are finding that what used to be more than enough, doesn't quite cut it anymore.

But, hey this is an upturn, right?
edit on 5-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't know about economic recovery*, but the labor participation rate is sliding downwards and it will only get "worse" as the biggest demo on the country - the baby boomers - slide deeper into retirement.

Retirees, stay at home moms - don't "participate" in "labor." It's not exactly shocking.

*There will never be an economic recovery until more money circulates at street level. This is obvious to anyone with an IQ over 15.
edit on 5-4-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join