It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

805,929 Declassified CIA Documents! Scholars, get it while it's HOT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good morning ATS readers! I believe I have the treat to start your day. The sunshine to light your morning! The intellectual junk food to keep you munching for hours!

The Ultimate Resource for Deconstructing Disinformation of the last 60-70 years!

Have you ever wondered what Ronald Reagan's Presidential Briefings said? Carter's? Nixon's? How about the Soviet economic aid to Egypt and it's impact on the 1973 war? Perhaps, in this time of toil and trouble in the Far East Asian Theater, you've wanted to know what CIA did the last time war broke out in Korea, or more to the point? What they screwed up so badly, it's almost beyond description!

Well WONDER NO MORE! In my efforts to find new material and neat stuff to share with everyone, I do believe I've come across something truly valuable. Oh yes, no mere MSM report for you. I bring what we all came to ATS to find. The best of the best and the truly juicy stuff CNN and Fox won't be indexing on their front pages any time soon !

Here's a sample of the index you may look forward to exploring in the wide world of declassified documents within Central Intelligence Agency Collections! .....and remember? When they say "I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.", Some of THIS is what they meant back in the years this was Classified Top Secret and beyond.

Without Further ado and preamble, I bring to you the index and starting point to over 800,000 documents our Central Intelligence folks figured they didn't want to have to FOIA twice. I bring enough reading material to keep you munching for days!

-FOIA Collection (15321)
-Guatemala (4376)
-Baptism By Fire: CIA Analysis of the Korean War Overview (1355)
-National Intelligence Council (NIC) Collection (986)
-Creating Global Intelligence (840)
-A Life in Intelligence - The Richard Helms Collection (826)
-Soviet and Warsaw Pact Military Journals (804)
-The Princeton Collection (761)
-POW MIA (685)
-Strategic Warning and the Role of Intelligence: Lessons Learned From The 1968 Soviet Invasion of Czechoslovakia (542)
-Human Rights in Latin America (527)
-President Nixon and the Role of Intelligence in the 1973 Arab-Israeli War (419)
-The Berlin Wall Collection (378)
-A-12 OXCART Reconnaissance Aircraft Documentation (296)
-UFOs: Fact or Fiction? (210)
-Reagan Collection (206)
-What was the Missile Gap? (189)
-Lt. Col. Oleg Penkovsky: Western Spy in Soviet GRU (177)
-The CAESAR, POLO, and ESAU Papers (149)

805,929 Declassified and FOIA Release Documents from the Central Intelligence Agency

Direct link to CIA Reading Room

What is CREST (CIA Records Search Tool)?

=type%3Adocument] Direct Link to Document Index (Sorted by Doc Type)

My apologies for the ruined format of the last link. Despite my best efforts, the way the URL is coded breaks the link handling for the site software apparently. It links back to what it's supposed to when clicked though, and may save real time in searching for something more useful at CIA itself than a single line search box. When there is more information and data available than one person can really read through ...What good is a search box without more for browsing? Hopefully, broken display or not, the links will help everyone get started.

(waves red flag to the waiting crowd of bulls) Oley! Charge!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Something is up

They released this to keep us occupied while they pull a swifty in North Korea.

Or perhaps Syria or Iran or all three.

Read with one eye, keep the other on current events.

God, I'm cross eyed now!

P

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Nice find! S&F
The black vault also has some interesting documents in their research center. About 200,000 less but it's still pretty cool

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If its declassified, Im guessing it really has no effect on whats going on in the world today, just a great insight into what the CIA did do, and how it conducts itself throughout the world. Good Find

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

It has no direct bearing as connections to current events, no. Hence the forum.. At the same time, history defines the present in all things. Especially in a culture like CIA, the past actions form an unbroken chain of logic and thought to current ones. Institutional memory and experience core isn't just theory there, it's nearly carved in granite as deeply as the stars on the Wall at in the Langley entryway.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Glassbender777

It has no direct bearing as connections to current events, no. Hence the forum.. At the same time, history defines the present in all things. Especially in a culture like CIA, the past actions form an unbroken chain of logic and thought to current ones. Institutional memory and experience core isn't just theory there, it's nearly carved in granite as deeply as the stars on the Wall at in the Langley entryway.

Well said and very true for both military and Intelligence thinking processes.

P

new topics

top topics

join