It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea advised British & Russian Embassy to Evacuate.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I'm british
and we wont budge we like to fight till the end

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by MariaLida

You know, lately with the complete shutting off of the economic pipeline between North and South and now this warning to embassies to evacuate, I feel this s*** is getting real.

I've worried about it in passing for several weeks. For that matter, we've been hearing from N Korea for months and years, so it's not all that new. But their ratcheting up of the rhetoric is now being followed with actions that could potentially lead to the US or S Korea to act in self-defense.

This is the boy who cried wolf meme in reverse. The boy is saying he'll attack, but he never does. This has led to the public not caring about it so much. However, the recent events could be a sign that N Korea is serious; despite how crazy that sounds. If this is so and N Korea continues to follow its rhetoric with actions then it's only a matter of time before the US or S Korea calls for either a pre-emptive strike or an attack in anticipation of a N Korean military advance.
edit on 5-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

That is not "boy cried wolf" in reverse, that's the textbook definition of "boy cried wolf"

The boy cried wold and nobody believed him, so when there was a wolf nobody believed him.

The kims cried war and nobody believed it, so when there was a war nobody believed them.

That IS boy cried wolf, not the opposite.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If war became nuclear just to advise the brits on here that you will be following the information provided by Civil Contingencies Secretariat.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

I absolutely agree with you that this will, if it were to become full-scale, would result in a lot of lives lost. Look at Iraq. They said it would be over in a few weeks. They acted like the whole operation would be done with a month or so and the Iraqi people would applause us and retake their country. But it didn't happen that way. Street to street fighting and LED's and so on. Thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of lives lost. Former cities reduced to ruin. A slowly recovering populace.

Iraq WAS taken over very quickly. It was one of the quickest, most successful military actions in recent history. The problem was, the operation changed from simply defeating saddam, to occupying the country for an indefinite amount of time.

There is no such thing as a successful occupation. There will always be people to resist a foreign nation occupying their country. That's a factor of the goal being pursued, not the capability of the country.

The Iraqi military and government were completely and utterly defeated and taken over in the Iraq "conflict" That's considered a complete win by any nation's standard of warfare. The issue, as I said, was our attempted occupation of Iraq, not our ability to defeat the nation's military and overthrow its government.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Destinyone

But in this case, the child has a gun and doesn't think about the consequences of using it. Scary stuff. Hope everyone calms down.

That's really the best comparison. NK is a little kid with a gun. Could he hurt some people? Absolutely. Would he instantly be taken down the second he does hurt somebody? Absolutely.

The question is whether or not that kid is smart enough to realize that it would be suicide to shoot someone. You guess is as good as mine on that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I'm british
and we wont budge we like to fight till the end

Just on the BBC news, 22.00. Britain does not intend to remove it's staff.

So looks like you are correct.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by littled16

I agree with what you said, but, I had to cover up your avatar to read it...cute but too distracting!

Sorry superman! Grandbaby picked this one- how can a granny refuse her little angel?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What surprises me is that I haven't heard anyone mention anything about NK possibly having outside help. Everybody keeps saying it's all bluster, rhetoric spewed from an angry child. But the truth is that we don't know what weapons he has. We have no idea if any countries have sold NK weapons of any kind under the radar. And if TPTB do know, they sure the hell aren't going to tell us. "It's none of your business." And it also seems to me that Russia and China would have a lot to gain if the U.S. was tied up in yet another war. Are they not in an oil deal right now? Do both of them not have a plan in progress to make the U.S. dollar obsolete? The more I read or watch about what's happening, the more convinced I am that someone on the outside has been supplying NK with things that we have no idea about. That's why Kim's showing such bravado.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I coulda sworn I read last night that he was saying this was going down yesterday or today. Now its the 10th??

Come on Lil' Kim. Time to put up or shut up. I am familiar with the history of North Korean sabre rattling, but this is a little extreme even for them.

Let's get on with it. Or not. I personally would rather not, but I grow tired of this threatening posturing.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I coulda sworn I read last night that he was saying this was going down yesterday or today. Now its the 10th??

Come on Lil' Kim. Time to put up or shut up. I am familiar with the history of North Korean sabre rattling, but this is a little extreme even for them.

Let's get on with it. Or not. I personally would rather not, but I grow tired of this threatening posturing.

Yes he did...but then the goalposts have been persistently and consistently moved over the last 50 years....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

you are correct sir, we have to wait till the tenth for america to start (unlikely) now, funny not many 'earth ending planet x' guys show up, they trying to suck themselves off with this news?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The North are on the verge of collapse, they need the sanctions lifted, or in six months the country is going to collapse and apocalyptic starvation will destroy the nation from the inside out. They look south and see all the food and oil they need, it's there for the taking but how do they get it?

They have learned that threats get results and if they shout enough China might pressure the UN into backing down. If the sanctions stay in place then its time to go wild. So off they go on the worlds biggest smash and grab! It's the Korean War all over again, only China will never settle for US troops in the North so US troops don't go there.

The South are weakened for years and China know for certain how much and how fast the US can deploy into Asia. Kim has reduced his mouth to food ratio and disposed of much of his dated armour in the Great Patriotic War for the Enlightened People of the Great Nation Against the US Aggressor and its Puppet Regimes, and now Chinese tanks are defending his border. Pyongyang needs rebuilding but not much else, what do you bomb in a country with nothing to bomb?

Of course this is all made up and he will back down in a way that doesn't look like backing down to his people shortly.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob7774

You make some good points there. Lets not forget that the reason Saddam invaded Kuwait (and had designs on Saudi Arabia) was because the country was broke after the war with Iran and they wanted to take the oil. They hoped the world would just sit back and let them do it. Argentina tried to take the Falklands because the economy was in the toilet and the people restless - they wanted something to unite the people and hoped the British wouldn't do anything. When leaderships are desperate they do desperate things. Maybe NK is banking on getting away with something because the West doesn't want to tangle with China?

When a regime is this isolated and desperate I think all bets are off.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Putting my silly jokes to one side, I do find it interesting, if worrisome that this new information is offering a date where they can not offer safety beyond.. 10th April..

Is there anything happening around the 10th that would mean they could not guarantee an embassies safety? (aside from hot air and bluster)

Just that all TV in UK will be 'down' as all digital boxes are being 'upgraded'...there's a coincidence now!

Rainbows
Jane

Here you go, a link to what has happened historically on tyhe 10th
www.thepeoplehistory.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think Kim really starts to believe that the movie Red Dawn is a real possibility... Kim throw away that movie it's not real....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I think the biggest problem we Westerners have when trying to decode the actions of NK, is the fact that we just do not think like they do. Our mindset is so far removed from theirs that we, as arm chair strategists are really lost. I mean how many people in the West are Asian billionaire dictators given God like status by their own exalted family and in charge of a nation with nukes? At thirty years of age? There are notions about honour and face that we really don't get.

You are right, dodgy leaders will often go to massively stupid lengths to stay in power. You have mentioned Galtieri and Hussain but look at Gadhaffi. He could have run with the money but instead he was, well we know what happened to him.

If I was the Dear Leader, China and the US would have been working out a plan to feed and oil my country in return for me turning NK into a nuke free copy of Chinese control and capitalism. Either I am vastly more intelligent than Kim is, or we just have massively different viewpoints.

I would call this as one to watch because nobody really knows

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
I also have a deep seeded worry about who's side china will be on. But I really don't know enough about the situation, it's just some gut feeling. Hoping china can pull the rains in a bit on its friend.

China would not nor will not "side" with NK in this case.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If I was an ambasador and my country stuck me in N. Korea, I think I was being punished.

I bet they can't run fast enough out of there. First stop? Taco Bell.

Run for the border.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm not concerned about the messages from North Korea or from the US. But, I'm very seriously concerned about that all the other countries are so quiet. I don't feel very comfortable about this silence.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Kinda off topic, but has anyone heard anything on Iran? Strikes me kinda odd that they have no part in this considering how they feel about the U.S. Just something I'm wondering.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join