The rise of the "Divorcers"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by BritofTexas

I do recall seeing a ton of threads claiming all the dislike toward him was based on nothing more than racism though. Backed by something Janine Garafalo said on TV. For the first 3 years it was "you're just racist" every time someone raised a complaint.

Let's not forget this little gem from the Obamaphobia prophet.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is impossible too go on a day without at least 2-3 anti Obama thread. Even tho hating on current president by the losing side is common, but Obama has taken more heat than any other presidents, who done more atrocities(hi bush), but hey their presidency is over, ..everyone knows the economy resets to 0 when a new president is elected lol.

As a Canadian, comparing his predecessor, i think Obama has done more good.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Originally posted by Afterthought
I didn't realize this was a thread designed to bash conspiracy theorists and those who aren't happy with Obama and how he's running things.

Then you didn't read the OP very closely or understand it.
The title word ("divorcers") is a play on the "birthers", who make absurd claims about Obama's heritage and the post speaks of "a whole new era of conspiracy theories with absurd claims and ridiculous false "truths" ".

Speaking of Freudian slips and such, I once uttered. "We kill children for purely selfish reasons" when what I MEANT to say was that we HAVE children for purely selfish reasons.
Freudian slip? While I'm not crazy about children, I assure you, there is no "hidden truth" to what I said.

As far as sharing your opinion, feel free.
No one is stopping you and we can both have our opinions and express them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

How does a Canadian have the ability to see things closer than the Americans?

edit on 5-4-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sure, people misspeak, but the media obviously didn't choose to edit it like they do everything else. If rumors start spreading that they're going to divorce, so be it. Why start bashing people?
Speaking of misspeaking, some are worse then others as you see in this thread. You just can't make this stuff up and them trying to cover it just made it worse. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Honestly, if they divorced, I wouldn't care and I wouldn't be surprised. From what I've read on Obama's historical social scene, their marriage might be a facade.
When the whole Clinton scandal hit, I was so hoping that Hillary would divorce him. I think that her decision to stay with him sent the wrong message to women. There's no way I'd stay with my husband if he cheated on me, but they care more about their political reputations than demonstrating what it is to have a backbone and kick the cheating partner to the curb.
This world is screwed up and I never understood why people stay married just to make it seem like everything's fine and dandy when it's not. Life's too short to live a lie.

Edit to Add: You marry someone because you believe they would make a good partner and parent. NOT because you believe they're powerful and will eventually be in a very powerful position. If Michelle isn't happy with him, she only has herself to blame. She most likely knew what he was when she said she'd marry him.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Because Americans are too biased, even if the guy in the opposite team does something good, it will look bad in their eyes. So your first hand experience is kinda skewed.

I, someone outside, who has no motive or benefits, will speak more truth, even if i don't have any first hand experience(but im damn well close, America is just 1 hour away.. so news wise, im pretty involved.
edit on 4/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

So, you believe an outsider has better insight to American Issues?

Yeah, okay then.

I guess I should really start into what's wrong with Canada then.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah your outside look will have a better and equal understanding, since you will have no interest or bias.

I welcome comments about Canadian politics from neighboring countries.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I do recall seeing a ton of threads claiming all the dislike toward him was based on nothing more than racism though. Backed by something Janine Garafalo said on TV. For the first 3 years it was "you're just racist" every time someone raised a complaint.

This is true, then, the pendulum swung the opposite direction, where the opposition started with the pre emptive diversionary tactic of claiming those who supported the president would most likely call them racist for just disagreeing with policy.

No one else here in this thread has any real issue nor has brought up the POTUS's race except you. Race has nothing to do with this slip of the tongue by Michelle Obama.

But it's undeniable that every single time this president does anything at all. (I mean anything) it's painted on FOX News and all across the closed ecosystem that is the conservative news universe as being the most evil thing anyone has ever done in the history of ever.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I also welcome views from people from other countries, who are likely to be less biased than those of us in the US.

reply to post by Afterthought

Originally posted by Afterthought
Why start bashing people?

Perhaps you should heed your own advice. I see your posts in this thread are "bashing" the Obama's left and right. Not to mention your baseless assumptions about their marriage and the unfounded insinuations about his sexuality... If "bashing people" bothers you so much, perhaps you should take a break from it.

Honestly, if they divorced, I wouldn't care and I wouldn't be surprised. From what I've read on Obama's historical social scene, their marriage might be a facade.

Well, I'm not interested in the rumors you've encountered. Their marriage seems strong as a rock to me, and until I see something different, I'm going to believe that it is. NONE of the personal rumors about Obama have held any weight.

When the whole Clinton scandal hit, I was so hoping that Hillary would divorce him. I think that her decision to stay with him sent the wrong message to women. There's no way I'd stay with my husband if he cheated on me, but they care more about their political reputations than demonstrating what it is to have a backbone and kick the cheating partner to the curb.

Hillary's decisions are HERS to make. I do not judge her for her decision to stay with Bill. It's THEIR marriage. None of our business. So, you wouldn't stay with your husband. In my first marriage I DID stay with my husband after he cheated. Does that mean that I, too, care too much about my political reputation? I didn't "kick my partner to the curb" until later for totally unrelated reasons, but I can see you're not much on understanding that people make stupid mistakes sometimes.

I never understood why people stay married just to make it seem like everything's fine and dandy when it's not.

The other side of that is that when I married, I did so "for better or worse". People screw up sometimes. And some people take those words to heart. I can't say much about kicking someone to the curb for a mistake.

Your assumptions about people are really quite judgmental and incredible.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I haven't said anything mean about the Obamas. Michelle is the one who appears to feel abandoned by her husband. I'm simply commenting on this.
The rumors I'm speaking about are widely discussed and reinforced with documented accounts. All you have to do is a bit of research and see that Obama's church and Chicago politic friends are shady.
The bottom line here is that this thread was started on a conspiracy site to bash conspiracy theorists. I'm supposed to respect that? This should be in the Jokes Forum.
Regarding your first marriage, unless you're in the political spotlight as bright as Hillary's and Michelle's, you're not making any sense.
If you think sleeping with someone outside of your marriage is a mistake, that's your opinion and your free to forgive. I don't see it as a mistake and couldn't sleep next to someone who did this to me. Each to their own, but I'm not going to pretend that it's easy to forgive someone who's cheated on their spouse.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Yeah your outside look will have a better and equal understanding, since you will have no interest or bias.

You keep telling yourself that.

Originally posted by luciddream
I welcome comments about Canadian politics from neighboring countries.

Yeah, let me start by criticizing you, your country and culture, all based on how Canada should be by my standards.

No thanks. I am not that egotistical to believe that I have a say in what happens there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's because Michelle has a weird empowerment complex in which she seems to think she's more important than her husband. It's absurd.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Everyone in positions of power have that same complex. That's why they are in power. If they didn't have that drive, they wouldn't be there today.

Of course this would just be another problem solved simply by making me emperor of Earth for life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join