It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read my introduction thread, would you kindly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... ATS, a website where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, ATS can become your website as well.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Uh wow, that is pretty true. I use this website all the time to keep up with world events and politics by participating in forum discussions where I can actually state my opinion, be wrong, learn from it, and practice debating and stuff. I've used this website to share my art before, and I've used it to share some scientific research.

It's great to have a website where you can be yourself, get criticized, and learn. And those are ridiculous analogies, by the way.
edit on 5-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

Good Day to you Bioshock and well-come!

With such high ideals and ideas you should be a contribution to the sweaty mix around here.
I hope you brought a towel!

All the best!

A

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Sorry - double post due to slow connection.

A

edit on 5/4/2013 by Ansar because: edition

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Interesting OP. I kind of liked it.
Anyway, welcome! What are some areas that interest you? I look forward to seeing you around on the boards.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
Just make sure you do not go too far down the rabbit hole

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I really liked that intro, you didn't need a wall of text for your initial intelligent approach. Now you must realize we expect not less than that for your next posts.

Writing your real name on ATS might bring you to unexpected situations.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Welcome to the family, don't trip over the reptilian's tails, we gripe at them all the time, and stubbed toes are no fun, however it is just like talking to a brick. 'shrugs'

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Welcome Bioshock!
I love your intro. For that I give you my "happy dance"....

Glad you have joined the family!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Bioshock!

I love the way you wrote your intro, you have an interesting way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Welcome Bioshock! It is always nice to see new members. I hope you enjoy your stay here and can teach and learn from this vastly diverse site.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Very nice intro indeed friend. Glad you joined.

Peace and love
-nat the mellow cat-

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Welcome to the tribe!

beez

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
One of the rules here is do not give out any personal info on yourself...ie name, town, address etc...Read the T's & C's of this private forum.

There could now be a hundred credit card applications being processed in your name!!!

Welcome, and DUCK!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Clever intro.

Of course that's not your real name, aye? Very clever.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I chose... ATS, a website where the artist would not fear the censor

You obviously haven't met our mods yet. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Ah, always great to see another gaming enthusiast! Yes, I would compare this site to that of 'Rapture' simply because it allows us to do just that. Of course, it has the chance of turning out to be an apocalyptic world all on its own due to people out-thinking each other.

What if people here were actually members of a Government organization trying to distract you using interesting conspiracy theories? What if life is an illusion to living things and the only things that are actually intelligent are abiotic objects? Yes, ATS has it all - the nuts, the philosophers and the 'normal'.

Regards,

Stock Loc

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the site.
and watch out for any stray golf clubs lying around... Certain people tend to get hit by them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
Welcome to the site.
and watch out for any stray golf clubs lying around... Certain people tend to get hit by them.

OBEY!

top topics

join