Scientists 'Read dreams' using brain scans

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Scientists have found a way to "read" dreams, a study suggests. Researchers in Japan used MRI scans to predict the images that people were seeing as they entered into an early stage of sleep. Writing in the journal Science, they reported that they could do this with 60% accuracy. The team now wants to see if brain activity can be used to predict other aspects of dreaming, such as the emotions experienced during sleep. Professor Yukiyasu Kamitani, from the ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, in Kyoto, said: "I had a strong belief that dream decoding should be possible at least for particular aspects of dreaming... I was not very surprised by the results, but excited."

www.bbc.co.uk...

What if you could buy a gadget in the future that would let you share your "crazy dream" instead of telling it and having your friends "roll there eyes"
Total recall anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Reminds me of the first Final Fantasy CGI movie that came out. Recording a dream after waking up. Would be awesome, we could probably learn so much from our dreams.

I still don't know why people think dreams are unimportant. Your consciousness is basically going somewhere your body doesn't. Trippy

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes I have also heard about it. Japanese scientists have used FMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging)scans to predict the content of our dreams. This machines measures the levels of activity in different parts of the brain and EEG machines measured the electrical activities done by brain. When an EEG indicated that the subject is hallucinating,the scientists wake the subject and asks what he or she had seen.

new topics

join