It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh, I know it's there, but they have at least one system that's far beyond that in terms of effectiveness, it's just....large from my understanding.

The biggest problems with lasers will always be range. When you have a system that requires fairly clear atmospherics between the weapon, and the target it's going to be an issue. Lasers are cool, but as weapons (at the current level) cool just doesn't really cut it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

Or maybe he knows something that we don't? It's the only logical explanation for the sheer misinformed horse-dung he was spouting.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
they've launched missiles before

he is backing himself into a corner

I wonder if a general is giving him bad advice so they can oust him

his future is not bright either way

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It wouldnt surprise me if that was true, but if he gets ousted through a military campaign by the south and or the US then I would assume his generals would not be allowed to take over. They would make sure a completely different group of leaders was put in place after the conflict with no ties to the IL family and advisors.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I've changed my view... I think he should be arrested. You don't lie to a nation about the possibility of nuclear attack to score a political point. It's the worst kind of dereliction of duty. It's right up there with Bush and Blair's WMD's.

Of course it will all be swept under the carpet. In fact most of the online papers seem to have buried the story already.
edit on 5-4-2013 by zigguratvertigo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Given the constraints of the missiles and the size of the warheads at the current level of tech, if anyone is worried besides South Korea it should be cetacians out in the Pacific.

Knowing of all the existing rhetoric boasting of capability, the North Koreans may as well have Nelson's attitude in trying to make a point.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They have only two missiles and they are going to launch them into the ocean??????

Would you shoot tow bullets into the air if your attacker knew you only had two bullets?

Where is the intelligence gone or is paranoia now able to be passed telepathically?
edit on 5-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

No, they are currently readying two missiles to fire. They haven't said "We're going to shoot them into the ocean", all that is known is that they have been moved to the eastern coast of the country, and are being readied. They could target Seoul (although from that position it's not likely), they could target Japan, or they could fire them into the ocean. There's no telling.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Do you really think that in the whole NK arsenal they only have two missles?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. what do you think the point of wars are? to benefit mankind? hell no! its about the corporate billion airs making a profit off the death of human lives.

I don't believe in war. I remember during the late 60`s through the 70`s the cold war era, frightining, ever watchful of the sky, the bomb drills the fall out shelters. was a scary time. Here we are again only when I compare the two scenerios, there is a great difference. back then it was the end of the war and America was still on guard, we knew this. Know NK has been threatening to inialate America, my land. they want to be known as a nuclear power , Why do you think we haven't tried to stop them, like the fake Iraq war, heck I even believe Vietnam was a American staged fake war. It is because America KNOWS it would be global destruction not just us or them. when you curse America you are curing the entire world like it or not this is not funny, this is not something you outside America will appreciate. one lobbed missle and every nuclear country, not just America will be lobbing nukes at each other. WE do not want this no way. I hope they pull back. I don't wish anyone harm, and you all should really think about your feverish desire to wipe out America. It just wont be us.
Do you really want a inbred dictator having such power, really

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Black ops 2 is awsome I'm preparing to be a soldier on it : D

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
North Korea can destroy any country it wants

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Do you really want a inbred dictator having such power, really

Well, people did vote in Bush the first time. lol

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Ronald McDonald Calls For Strikes Against North Korea And West Korea

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, people. Kimmy just has to sabre rattle and possibly plonk a a few 'minor' 'sploions down to sure up the brass' confidence in him to convincingly play the part of the puppet cult leader.

The only risk is that the SOUTH, ironically, will retaliate and it will snowball from there...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xterizorz

Do you just go to the North Korea threads and post meaningless things or are you actually going to ever contribute something worthwhile one of these times?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think now, we have a bigger problem, RUSSIA.. Check the latest news over at foxnews. You see the U.S. is making Russia anger. WE are not the leaders in the world. Maybe Obama THINKS we are. IDIOTS they are. Now do we start a thread on Russia?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Hit me with a link. I will check it out.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I messaged you the link. Seems to me the U.S. has been keeping quite on this. Who else have we been making anger besides North Korea, Russia?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join