It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Two weeks? What the hell could possible take two weeks. I could build a missle myself and launch it from my backyard in less time.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The missiles will probably be test fired over the sea and nowhere near land.....especially SK or Japanese land. It does bring up and interesting thought - will the US shoot them down anyway? It would be the perfect way to show that NK missiles can't get anywhere, and also how well the missile defense system works. The downside would obviously be that it would anger NK and possibly make them do something more reckless. Maybe it would be best to let them plop harmlessly into the water (if they're obviously not heading anywhere specific) and let NK enjoy their moment of glory, rather than inflame the situation any further. I'm sure that's a decision that's already been made.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Depending on the fuel, it takes days to safely fuel/defuel a missile. Two weeks is pushing things though, even for North Korea.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Where the hell is Team America..!!

If anyone can stop it, Team America can..

Rook, we can't brame lil Kim Jr. He's just ronery..

edit on 4/5/2013 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I think the United States has to shoot them down no matter what. This may be the only thing that could snap Un back to reality. If his big plan is to hit targets with missles and we can pick them off out of the sky he may just say screw it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've just read that there's been a 6.2 earthquake reported near the NK border....could this be anything to do with what's going on or just coincidence??

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No, his big plan is to THREATEN to launch them, and hope we all want things to settle down so much, that we concede some of the sanctions, etc.

Obama's enough of a wuss, that the big gamble just may pay off, but I hope not. I think we're going to match move for move, until he's finally begging to come to the table. Our latest move was pretty brilliant, matching moves through allies (see Japan freezing assets, and extending sanctions).... Priceless. I may not be an Obama fan, but I'm LOVING the playbook so far.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Interesting times we live in, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Obama's enough of a wuss, that the big gamble just may pay off, but I hope not. I think we're going to match move for move, until he's finally begging to come to the table. Our latest move was pretty brilliant, matching moves through allies (see Japan freezing assets, and extending sanctions).... Priceless. I may not be an Obama fan, but I'm LOVING the playbook so far.

Exactly my thoughts
I was expecting some Clinton-era pacifying, but I'm glad to see Obama is pushing back this time. It's about time we called NK on their horsecr4p

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I got my hands on some images of their missiles.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. what do you think the point of wars are? to benefit mankind? hell no! its about the corporate billion airs making a profit off the death of human lives.

If true, its more accurate to say that certain corporate interests (ex, the Dubai corporation Halliburton), and investment groups like the Carlyle Group (major stakeholders in 2001 were the bin Laden and Bush families), with power within the US government, want a war. I know that's kinda what you're saying, just want to clarify so nobody thinks actual citizens or politicians loyal to the US want a war. While such individuals who use our nation and our military to line their pockets may not actually be "anti-American" per se, they simply do not care about the USA at all. Their loyalty lies with their monney-making entitites only, and they care not whether they help or hinder the nation in the process. This became especially clear when Halliburton moved their HQ to Dubai, to avoid paying taxes on their tens of billions of dollars in war profiteer no-bid contracts.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Holy hell, they plan on putting eveyone through the intense pain of stepping on Legos. Thats worse than anything known to man.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You think that's good, did you read the fine details about the B-2 mission that flew in from Whiteman? They BEGGED North Korea to go for the bomber.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

Holy hell, they plan on putting eveyone through the intense pain of stepping on Legos. Thats worse than anything known to man.

Lol...true that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

In that case,this should be our response/counter-attack:

Counter-Attack

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

What if lil Kim's plan was to send a EMP weapon over South Korea? Fry all of the electronic advantage that S Korea and US troops have. Now it is a battle of numbers and Kim has the numbers. US counter nuclear attack? If the Kim horde moved quickly south the US troops without their electronics would be quickly over-run. Can you say hostages? Sure don't like the thought but not liking something is no reason not to worry about it. What would the US do if Kim held thousand of US troops?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You think that's good, did you read the fine details about the B-2 mission that flew in from Whiteman? They BEGGED North Korea to go for the bomber.

Yeah, it was like flying with a big "KICK ME" sign....
Priceless...

involved flying more than 6,500 miles to the Korean Peninsula, dropping inert munitions on the Jik Do Range, and returning to the continental U.S. in a single, continuous mission

Or an "I CAN HIT YOU, BUT YOU CAN'T HIT ME" sign.....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No, it was "KICK ME! PLEASE!" I mean really, when would a B-2 have four F-16s flying in tight formation with it, and the gear hanging down (with what open doors do to their RCS)? They WANTED North Korea to go for them so bad it hurt ME.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
No, I wish all this would go away. It's not necessary and who can afford a war in this economic climate?!
All those innocent people that will get hurt, it's just not worth it
I don't want to be that guy that says this but in the past, world wars have gotten are economy up and running again and created many many jobs. I'm not saying I want a war to happen that's the last thing on my mind, all im saying is a lot of important people want this to happen so are economy could get that boost.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
With just 2 mere medium range missiles supposedly or rather dubiously armed with nukes ....and Fatboy Kim declares war on S.Korea and USA, and challenge their awesome combined military might?

I know nutjobs, but Fatboy kim takes the cake.

He and his bunch of senile old military retards must have been playing with sandbox toy soldiers for far too long to know what a REAL WAR means.

Can someone please, please have some mercy and wake up that bozo before its too late.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join