It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Were these cardboard ones?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Doubt we would use nukes whatsoever. Fallout could potentially hurt Seoul. Even China wouldn't be able to stand with North Korea if they choose to use nukes. They would meet their doom if they use nukes without use of ours. Imo.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Isittruee because: word change.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Isittruee because: add word

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

lol perhaps

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Looks like acts of desperation on the part of NKorea.

Looks like NK is ready to implode.

I see more acts of desperation by NK leadership but soldiers will defect en masse if actual order to war is given. A unified Korea is near.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Looks like acts of desperation on the part of NKorea.

Looks like NK is ready to implode.

I see more acts of desperation by NK leadership but soldiers will defect en masse if actual order to war is given. A unified Korea is near.

perhaps that is the precise plan, there again this could just happening
as it happens so to speak!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well this situation is inherently unpredictable, which is crazy! The only country that might know what is going on is China. I would guess that North Korea wishes to continue using rhetoric as a way to protect itself from invasion and give it some international pull, this would require it to somehow keep on building up tension without actually doing anything...

What are they going to do if they run out of options, aim more missiles to increase tension? I don't really see tensions decreasing anytime soon unless there is a diplomatic resolution...

These missiles might not even be nuclear. Also, apparently the North Korean missiles can only reach Guam, where the U.S. is going to place its missile defense system in two weeks.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I wonder if NK is out of bullets also? so all they have is missiles to play with now! seriously I do hope that they come to their senses soon. as we are at our highest tension level.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
north Korea seem like a proud bunch and in my opinion it has gone too far for them to go back down now.

meanwhile they have every country on eggshells whilst we await the punch.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm a bit concerned that all the news reports in the UK are saying that these missiles were moved 'earlier this week'..... why has it taken so long for us to find that out?!

I'm fearing that he could have already let a nuke off for all we know and it's just not been reported on!!

(I'm really anxious and worried about all this btw, hence the crazy obsession with refreshing the news websites every few minutes and panicking that they're not up to date....)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
N korea need to understand that if it all comes down to it the US will *uck them up along with all of US's allies if need be
but i also hope nothing happens

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

North Korea is a long way away from being able to put a nuclear warhead on a missile. Small yield does not equate to a small warhead. There's a lot of miniaturization that has to occur to fit one onto a missile. And even then, the missiles they have aren't capable of much range when they're carrying a heavy payload. It's estimated that the one that they have that can reach the West Coast can only do it with about a 250 lb payload. That's quite a bit less than a nuclear warhead would weigh (at least the ones that they would currently have developed at this stage).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MRSSMITH

Seismographs would have shown a nuclear blast. They have a pretty unique signature to them, and show up on a seismograph differently than an earthquake would show up.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

"soldiers will defect en masse if actual order to war is given"

i really dont know how you arrived to this conclusion

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Don't forget the shortened shelf life of a nuclear warhead for a missile either...something else that happens when you miniaturize it.

I hope we have another carrier en-route to the region. If the B-2 and F-22s didn't rattle him, THAT sure would do it, hehe....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They wont launch them, N Korea is all mouth and no action. Lil Kim is just a boy not a man.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

soldiers will defect en masse

That would only happen after:

1) Lil' Kim is dead (and the NK troops are well aware of it)
and
2) Weeks of bombing the bunkers and tunnels.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. what do you think the point of wars are? to benefit mankind? hell no! its about the corporate billion airs making a profit off the death of human lives.

Any economist knows that this economy would implode with a conflict such as this in the Asian region. To many markets impacted and they only thing currently stabilizing the dollar is the petro dollar. Such a conflict of this magnitude would send the dollar spiraling down creating massive hyper inflation in the states making the depression look like a day at band camp.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
No new news of a missle launch this morning, so thats good I guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The "experts" claim it will take two weeks to ready them for firing. Not sure where they are getting that rather inflated time though.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by simples

Completely agree. Some people here are utterly clueless. However, there is a sticky situation brewing. Unless China intervenes and gets Kim to stand-down with his missiles he WILL launch them. They are most likely just test launches with no meaningful payload and destined to land harmlessly in the ocean. But given Kim's recent threats, will the U.S. and its allies be willing to take the risk that they are, in fact, harmless? Or will we be forced to shoot them down? And if we shoot them down Kim will undoubtedly feel the need to avenge that act. Will that start a rapid escalation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join