It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Looks like things are heating up to the point of no return. I dont think they have a direct target in mind but I think they are going to launch missles into the ocean in a show of their own strength since the wargames in the region are a show of the strength of the US and S Korea.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

North Korea has loaded two intermediate-range missiles onto mobile launchers and hidden them in an unidentified facility near the east coast, Seoul military sources said Friday, triggering speculation that the North is ready for an abrupt missile launch.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No, I wish all this would go away. It's not necessary and who can afford a war in this economic climate?!
All those innocent people that will get hurt, it's just not worth it

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

@I think they are going to launch missles into the ocean in a show of their own strength since the wargames in the region are a show of the strength of the US and S Korea.

If this is unusual and not a normal drill exercise then 1 can see the concern.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. what do you think the point of wars are? to benefit mankind? hell no! its about the corporate billion airs making a profit off the death of human lives.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Im certainly concerned. Any kind of launch from the North right now is going to set off a powder keg.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. .

doesn't seem logical for the US but to each their own evaluations. Seems the US is there to Observes as is CHINA. RUSSIA quiet
interesting observers.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Im certainly concerned. Any kind of launch from the North right now is going to set off a powder keg.

Concerned understood also those who make those General decisions have the better intel to decide etc.
edit on 4/5/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It would be dumb of them to even try to launch their missiles, even if they are directed at the ocean. The South Korean and U.S. forces are on high alert, if they happen to see missiles go up, especially in their vicinity, what do you think will be the initial reaction? Wait and see where they hit, or shoot them down and fire back with a full on crippling attack, nukes blazing, before the North launches any more? This might be how it all plays out, war might be hours away.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Sarah I wouldn't worry Lil Kim's just blowing out a lot of hot air and being stupid and childish about it as he goes, just go about your daily chores as usual and put it out of your pretty wee head for now, life's to short as it is to be worrying about fools like that who need put over mammys knee

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
It would be dumb of them to even try to launch their missiles, even if they are directed at the ocean. The South Korean and U.S. forces are on high alert, if they happen to see missiles go up, especially in their vicinity, what do you think will be the initial reaction? Wait and see where they hit, or shoot them down and fire back with a full on crippling attack, nukes blazing, before the North launches any more? This might be how it all plays out, war might be hours away.

Correct, therefore its based on their intelligence overall too follow the WILL of the they choose.. Even if not intelligent move especially with the temp. of the waters.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Yeah it is getting kind of rediculous.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I know, I really hope it is all hot air! But stuff like this worries me and I can't help it :/

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I know its hard to not to worry, but its out of our hands. All we can hope for is somehow the situation gets diffused and if it doesnt then just hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
No, I wish all this would go away. It's not necessary and who can afford a war in this economic climate?!
All those innocent people that will get hurt, it's just not worth it
i agree this is just terrible lets hope its just all talk

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I've lived through bombs going of over the road from my door, bullets whizzing by my head once only once now and I'm still here and believe me I'm the most unluckiest person on the planet lol you'll be ok just listen to granny

If your wondering where all my bad experiences are coming from I grew up with it in N.Ireland at the height of the troubles and I'm the most happiest granny around now cos I don't take everything bad in anymore

You no what that wee song goes like "don't worry be happy"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
the us probably wants a war. there's always money in war. what do you think the point of wars are? to benefit mankind? hell no! its about the corporate billion airs making a profit off the death of human lives.

Not trying to take sides, or point fingers, but given when we hear about the situation inside North Korea I am sure there will naturally come a time when the people of North Korea have had enough of this leadership and seek change by their own hands (even without interference).. and it is worth remembering that an unpopular leadership has more to fear from their own populations brutality than they have from an external enemy they wage war against and lose..

Sadly I see this angry world breaking down into nations either bordering on turning their anger on their leaderships or having that anger manipulated and redirected against some external foe, and the more we walk this path the closer more nations come falling to internal strife or external conflict, both of which open the door to the opportunists and wider regional or global conflicts..

At the current rate it seems almost to easy to predict a wider conflict happening, since we can not see in any country anyone driving the change to new wealth creation that could get us off this self destructive spiral, or perhaps even more sadly what we are seeing is human nature in action, and the death/rebirth of society.

But then as always I could simply be talking out of my bum when I try to understand human nature....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If N Korea launch these two missiles America WILL NOT retaliate with nukes! What planet are some people on? If they were to launch nukes then maby the nukers might become the nuked but two stupid normal missiles is not going to cause a nuclear war.
edit on 5/4/13 by simples because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by sarahlm

I've lived through bombs going of over the road from my door, bullets whizzing by my head once only once now and I'm still here and believe me I'm the most unluckiest person on the planet lol you'll be ok just listen to granny

If your wondering where all my bad experiences are coming from I grew up with it in N.Ireland at the height of the troubles and I'm the most happiest granny around now cos I don't take everything bad in anymore

You no what that wee song goes like "don't worry be happy"

I don't know who you are, but I like you.

Great perspective to have.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Yeah, I need to have a more positive outlook like you!

Let's hope this all just blows over without anyone getting hurt.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by simples

Totally agree. The only way we use nukes is if N Korea uses a nuke and even then I dont think it is cut and dry that we would even use one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join