It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Kilauea Volcano drains, one week before Japan 9.0M earthquake March 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

March 5, 2011 -- One week before the large Japan 9.0M earthquake / tsunami .... Kilauea Volcano shows a complete "draining" event -- a possible precursor to large Pacific plate earthquakes? Something to watch for in the future, to see if this occurs again before a large pacific earthquake.

[url=http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/hawaii-kilauea-volcano-drains-one-week-before-japan-9-0m-earthquake-march-2011-video/]Source[/u rl]

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow. Can you imagine something happening on earth in one place one week before something else. happens somewhere else

Unheard off.

Extraordinary...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
All possible information are very welcome also to be monitoring ..

Halemaʻumaʻu Overlook Vent Webcam

hvo.wr.usgs.gov...

www.nps.gov...

The following links are to NPS informative posters regarding the Kamoamoa eruption.

March 5, 2011: New Changes in the Eruption of Kīlauea (pdf-604KB)
March 9, 2011: Dynamic Forces Transform the Landscape (pdf-663KB)

edit on 5-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You just don't want to be standing on the edge of the crater when it starts to refill then....:-0

PDUK

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
very cool...and interesting. something else to watch.

S+F

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Wow. Can you imagine something happening on earth in one place one week before something else. happens somewhere else

Unheard off.

Extraordinary...

Wow. Can you imagine how nice the world would be if people actually responded to one another with maturity and kidness instead of trying to get imaginary awards for being the first person to respond with sarcasm and snarky-ness?

That would be...unheard of* (not off.)

By the way, OP I can definitely see that this would be something to (at very least) keep an eye on in the future. All good scientists know that you never dismiss anything until it is absolutely proven irrelevant.

Pacifier - I'm just giving you a hard time. But really, are those kinds of responses necessary? This isn't a reality show, nor is it a sitcom. There isn't a laugh track. That kind of response really doesn't add any value to a conversation. If you don't think it's related, then please feel free to explain why using intelligent thoughts.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

The reason I think they are unrelated is that the Hawaiian volcano is in the middle of the tectonic plate (nowhere near the boundary that experiences the quake). There are many volcanos in Japan that are monitored. I wonder whether there was any unusual volcanic activity in Japan prior to the quake. I'll see if I can dig anything up.
edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: meh

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Maybe this volcanic eruption at Shinmoedake, Miyazaki prefecture early morning January 27, 2011 can provide some clues?

I'm no vulcanologist so I will leave it up to the pros.
edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join