It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation plans for 7000 Australians living in South Korea as North prepares for nuclear strike aga

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Evacuation plans for 7000 Australians living in South Korea as North prepares for nuclear strike against US

www.courierm ail.com.au

AUSTRALIAN Defence officials are working on plans to evacuate thousands of Australians from South Korea, as Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Foreign Minister Bob Carr head to China tomorrow to urge Beijing to take stronger action against its close and unstable ally North Korea.

The measures were revealed today after North Korea, the rogue Communist nation, sent alarm across the region by announcing it was ready to launch a nuclear strike at the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
And the problems keep appearing. While Australia is evacuating its citizens due to safety concerns, NK continues to engage in threatening rhetoric and military maneuvers (with the USA responding with their own). If both sides continue down this path, then we will see a very unfortunate scenario. That, in my opinion, would be war. Hell, NK had already declared war on the USA and its allies last week.

This will be interesting to see what events unfold over the next couple of days...

www.courierm ail.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Jeeez, well, it's a whole lot safer here.

Outa harms way.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The situation just seems to be increasing every day, dosent it? One day China is saying they're staying neutral. Next day, they send forces to their border with NKorea. USAF flying B-2's over SKorea, sends another missile destroyer to the Korean Peninsula, and yesterday also places more THAAD missiles in Guam. (Im guessing there's more military stuff being moved into the area, but lost track since there's new news all the time). The entire time NKorea is threatening war/nukes/ect.... Then earlier today, NKorea is supposedly seen moving a missile (not sure if just 1 or more) to their east coast.

From what Ive seen recently, nobody was issuing/suggesting evacuations until now. Have these evacuation plans been implemented before when NKorea starts making threats? I wouldnt be suprised if things escalated even further in the next 24 hours.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What makes me wonder is why the US is suddenly changing strategies and taking a more diplomatic approach. Do they know something they aren't sharing or is it what they don't know about NK and it's capabilities?

The thing with NK is they don't have much to lose by going to war. Even if they lose they win. China won't allow a reunification with the south so NK doesn't need to worry about a total loss of control. After the US pounds them for awhile and after the dust settles we'll give them billions of America's taxpayer dollars to rebuild. (sop)

Really what does NK have to lose? Not much. Hmmm....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

USAF flying B-2's

Is that like a Bee 2?

Nuke Nuke?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
China is getting annoyed with N.Korea, unfortunately they have to listen to them because they have got a binding agreement if it was not for that they would of ditched them a while a go I think.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I did some searching and found out there are other nations with plans to evacuate their own.

Filipinos in Korea get evacuation alert

Manila: Filipinos in South Korea had been alerted to the possibility of evacuation in the event that tensions on the Korean Peninsula take a turn for the worse.

Evacuation plan in place for Thais in S. Korea

Bangkok (The Nation/ANN) - Two C-130 aircraft and an Airbus A310 are on stand by to evacuate Thais living in South Korea within 48 hours should a military conflict erupt, Royal Thai Air Force commander Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong said.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Thanks for the info.

This.....

in the event that tensions on the Korean Peninsula take a turn for the worse.

.......made me laugh.
wth - how much longer are they going to wait?

When there are reports of Americans being evacuated I'd say t.s.is.h.t.f!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have wanted to go back to South Korea to see how much the country has changed since I served there. I wonder if the cost of flights has gone down much because of this.

As far as the threat of war goes I am not all that concerned as far as I am concerned the only thing that has changed has been the attention it is getting. While I was there in the 90s they shot down a helicopter from my unit. For me the analogy same $h!t different day comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think kim jun is jealous of psy.

All this talk of war is overated. It interupts the flow.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I live near red river ammo depot and they started testing munitions tonite. It has been years since testing has been this steady.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I was in Seoul from '93-'97. While this time it may seem a bit more hairy, the DPRK does this crap all the time. They complain and threaten and escalate until Washington and the West make an offer they like. Rice, oil, cash. They still have their price. We just haven't met it yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
What makes me wonder is why the US is suddenly changing strategies and taking a more diplomatic approach. Do they know something they aren't sharing or is it what they don't know about NK and it's capabilities?

The thing with NK is they don't have much to lose by going to war. Even if they lose they win. China won't allow a reunification with the south so NK doesn't need to worry about a total loss of control. After the US pounds them for awhile and after the dust settles we'll give them billions of America's taxpayer dollars to rebuild. (sop)

Well for one, all China has to do is flip a switch, sale 1 trillion dollars worth of US bonds to crash our economy, That light bulb must have just went off and now the USA might want to talk this one out.

If we get in a shooting war, china might sale those bonds, if the bonds are sold on the market, say goodbye to the US Dollar. China has us by the balls. Heck china might want this to happen so they can sale the bonds, crash the USD and throw there Yaen as the world Reserve currency
edit on 5-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The situation just seems to be increasing every day, dosent it? One day China is saying they're staying neutral. Next day, they send forces to their border with NKorea

Yeh kind of like how anglo nations say their opposing asian communist states then at the same time continue to outsource labor to them, sell minerals to them (Australia) and buy their wares. And as of today Dillard states ADF will now train with PLA
dumb and dumber yes
edit on 5-4-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Seems close then.... unless some peace deal can be struck in the next few days, I see an escalation!!

Just hope no Nukes are involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If there is a regime change in NK, then both China and Russia will have lots and lots to lose in strategic military and geopolitical matters. I have a feeling NK is doing these threats etc. based on some higher calculations made in Beijing.

Someone is trying to engage US into another mess as Iraq and Afghan seem to have settled down. Although, Iraq is now a strong Iran ally and Afghan is only quiet for now.
edit on 5-4-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Any foreigner in SK has an emergency exit plan. That is not news.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am having a real bad feeling about this mess!!!

I have seen and read 'doom' threads before on ATS and always laughed it off but this time I sense something bad happening......

SOMEWHERE

And whats happening in NK at the moment seems the likely source of these feelings.
edit on 5-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

IMO it's the US playing the victim. This way when we do attack and kill most everyone will say they had it coming. Whether or not this is on purpose nobody knows but I have to think the US is trying to give NK every chance to cease before they get the bully beat down.
edit on 5-4-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join