It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just more saber rattling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ever since NK's announcement of their approval to attack the US all of the news sites were going crazy. Then they moved their missle(s) to the east coast and again the media jumped all over it. I haven't seen any new updates though besides those..

Has little Kim run out of steam? Nap time?
My theory on this is he is playing a very dangerous game of bluffs, attempting to get the US and SK to back off, and he's in too deep. When I read the first reports Wednesday night I was sick to my stomach with worry that the powder keg would finally ignite. I know it's only been a day, but with all the hype I thought there'd be more developments. I'm left wondering if he's just stuck at this point wondering how to proceed.

I'd really like to know how his mind works, like honestly. Is he just following his predecessors? Is he insane? Or Is he just down right ignorant to the lives that will be lost should war actually ensue?

edit on 5-4-2013 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Maybe for the last week Un was just playing with his plastic toy soldiers
and left the intercom on in his room.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

From what I've heard, he's trying to be like his father, but he's more aggressive than his father was. So he's pushing things farther, trying to go right up to the edge, and maybe too far.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
Maybe for the last week Un was just playing with his plastic toy soldiers
and left the intercom on in his room.

Lol that's too funny!

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Banquo

From what I've heard, he's trying to be like his father, but he's more aggressive than his father was. So he's pushing things farther, trying to go right up to the edge, and maybe too far.

He's definitely gone too far

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

I've been thinking about this situation a little more today, putting myself in kim jong un's position.

Being the new young leader he probably feels as though he has to 'prove' himself to his people. Especially with all the sanctions against the country I can't imagine that life in general is very good for the general populace, and people will only take a bad situation for so long before they rise up.

Having being as isolated as they have been for such a long time, (combined with the sanctions) I can only imagine that a certain amount of paranoia has set in.

At the end of the Korean war a ceasefire was called on July 27, 1953, there was an armistice signed by North Korea, China and the UN but not South Korea.

So maybe all this bluster has been an attempt at getting an 'Official' end called to the war between the north and south. This in the eyes of his people would probably be seen as much as a victory, as ending the sanctions, or taking on the US in a nuclear war.

He might be daft but I don't for one second think he's stupid or suicidal.

Just a thought..
edit on 5-4-2013 by creatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Yeah, but we've pushed the envelope as much or more. The B-2 that flew from Whiteman got over South Korea, and they hung a big "Go for it. We double dog dare you." sign on it while it was flying near the North Korean border. Both sides have pushed things much farther than they should have gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
1 just hopes that the young UN will at least CONSIDER before doing a TEST in these Current Waters the CAN wait until things COOL if that is a reasonable option of the and the is not under control that his WILL cannot overcome.

Observing

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The way you all downplay, and portray KJU is hilariously pathetic. The guy isn't a kid...he is a 30 year old dictator who poses a serious threat to the stability of the world.

Something tells me you all are scared of KJU and NK deep down in your subconscious, resulting in your conscious efforts to downplay, and humiliate KJU as a pathetic child...

The propaganda is working well

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Oh, I take him seriously. I have friends that will get caught in this if or when it goes down that have been keeping me updated on some less than public things happening. But just because he's a 30 year old dictator doesn't mean that he's not still a kid. He's lived in a very strange world that has nothing to do with the one the rest of us live in.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Then they moved their missle(s) to the east coast and again the media jumped all over it. I haven't seen any new updates though besides those..

Here's the latest update Ive heard.

www.couriermail.com.au...

AUSTRALIAN Defence officials are working on plans to evacuate thousands of Australians from South Korea, as Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Foreign Minister Bob Carr head to China tomorrow to urge Beijing to take stronger action against its close and unstable ally North Korea.

Looks like Australia is getting (or atleast planning to) their people out of there. So far these are the only evacuations Ive heard of. Havent heard anything from other countries pulling their people out of the area yet.
edit on 5-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

To mock ones adversary is an age old tradition.

top topics

join