It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human brain to rat brain connection allows humans to control rat movement by thought alone!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Source

This week in terrifying scientific breakthroughs, researchers at Harvard have created a brain-to-brain interface that allows humans to make a rat move involuntarily with the power of their thoughts.

The device, which comes weeks after neuroscientists in Brazil unveiled an device that linked one rat's brain to another's, could be the first step in creating technology to remotely control another person's limbs with your mind.

We're getting closer to a matrix like reality and consciousness based videogames, downloads, uploads, etc.

They've done rat to rat, now human to rat, next step is human to human with improved tech.

Were about 10-15 years away from full blown matrix consciousness connections

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yep, and we really need people controlling our body parts, don't we? It's bad enough people control every aspect of our lives right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Yep, and we really need people controlling our body parts, don't we? It's bad enough people control every aspect of our lives right now.

Can you imagine somebody making you slap the piss out of yourself using only their mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The next step could very well be like the movie Avatar. Remotely controlled people doing whatever the controller decides without jeopardy to the controller. They will not use this tech for peoples good. This has military implications written all over it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
When AI reaches its awakened state if not already I can surely predict a Nanobot hybrid of sorts if it has not happened already.
Why manufacture a body when you can grow one?
The ramifications are chilling.

-Nanobot infection deactivates the conscious mind and activating the manual override.
(Human or computer controlled)
Bodies being rented (Slave trade)
Paraplegics walking around in vegetables body (Source Pop culture X-men Xavier did it with Telepathy)
Remote assassins (If this has not happened already)
Mind memories uploaded to computer could be accessed and use the interface on a clone body. Deep space travel.
Clone wars.
To take someones free will in this way human or animal horrifies me.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Shirak because: add sum more.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Dont know about you guys, but I cant wait to book a holiday at Rekall Inc. the synchronicity is coming and may not be as bad as you think.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I know where this is going, people are going to snowball the crap out of it.

"Ooh, how do you know the gubmint ISN'T doing this already, but with humans -- y'know, with improved technology!?!?!?!?"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Dont know about you guys, but I cant wait to book a holiday at Rekall Inc. the synchronicity is coming and may not be as bad as you think.

Perhaps we all are already

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Somehow, I just see a reference to Keanu Reeves and a whale for some reason.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most people cant control the body parts they have already.

But I can see potential in future girlfriend technology here. That combined with voice box removal and I will finally have a chance at true love.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Right now we have humans controlling machines with the various drones. Maybe human to human next. Then the real fun begins when machines control people

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

It seems like the movie gamer is becoming our reality

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes, someone to control me into working out would definitely help. Moving my legs for me would override the mental battle that is bothering to get my shoes on. (hardest part imo)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ah yes, my dream of making you, the reader, punch yourself in the face with your own fist, will soon be a reality.

I eagerly await hacking into your nervous system.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Yes, someone to control me into working out would definitely help. Moving my legs for me would override the mental battle that is bothering to get my shoes on. (hardest part imo)

*This* idea is actually somewhat appealing! As long as I (the couch potato that is too lazy to exercise) don't have to be aware of the exercising.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Personal Trainer".

Hmmm...could we do "selective control"? Right now, I can't exercise and read at the same time...but if someone else was working the treadmill, could I read my book?

...and how long before someone makes a cheaper version by recording the workout for playback, instead of being in direct control...

As fun as it is to think how this could benefit, it really *is* scary tech!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the posting, I actually read about this some time ago, but am glad that someone is sharing it with more people. I have a close relationship with rodents (mostly rats), and although I don't care for the thought of using them in lab experiments, I do think they were an appropriate choice of creature for use in the the experiments mentioned in the OP.

As with cats/dogs owners, many rat "enthusiasts" (myself included), claim that they have a sense that these animals can understand far more than they have ever been given credit. Also, linguists have been studying animal languages and have concluded that the ultrahigh-frequency utterances that rodents use to communicate are very sophisticated and contain elements that lead them to believe that there is actual information being transmitted. For this very reason (I believe) they are good choices for non-human to human communication attempts.

This article from the BBC website "Earth News" is not breaking news, but might be interesting to some:

Burrowing US prairie dogs use complex language-news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 5-4-2013 by seattlerat because: added title to link

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have the strong impression that the depicted animal is a mouse and not a rat.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGleep

Originally posted by bkaust

*This* idea is actually somewhat appealing! As long as I (the couch potato that is too lazy to exercise) don't have to be aware of the exercising.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Personal Trainer".

Hmmm...could we do "selective control"? Right now, I can't exercise and read at the same time...but if someone else was working the treadmill, could I read my book?

...and how long before someone makes a cheaper version by recording the workout for playback, instead of being in direct control...

As fun as it is to think how this could benefit, it really *is* scary tech!

Yea that sounds all good and dandy, until, while int he midst of the work out that your not aware of, or allowing the program to control the body for you, and then a virus takes over or you get hacked......

I can't even fathom what a virus/hack would do. Or imagine having everything wiped clean in the mind

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This looks great until it becomes involuntary, and when hacking a brain is a reality. Nobody says control feels good (I think it hurts really bad and can make you go insane), and this could bring some cyborg slaves. And, in theory, if they have it wired they can do it wireless with some wifi and implants. Honestly because the everyday person is reading this, you know a secret government project somewhere has already got the wireless, already have the chip-less mind control. I think the US Navy has it but it's not being publicized. Those cell towers are on human brain frequency bands for a purpose.

The poor little rat with the giant cybernetic hat. The scientists couldn't even make a stylish implant, they had to put LED horns on the rat, so they could see it in a maze. What is this one's name, Namtar, after the Mesopotamian god of death? Could be a messenger too -- let me check my iRat, find some rat-mail. Careful, the bluetooth-enambled ones (that's not a typo, enambled, amble/move, look I made a word) could give you rabies virus, a side effect of government research on biological weaponry.

Quantum consciousness singularity my foot. There are already people with zero implants that can manipulate electronics with consciousness alone, and brain-reading programs with external computer details. So why the need for prosthetics, reverse engineered from alien technology (the wormy aliens in the grey-suits, they use chips to manipulate those engineered bodies - the satans) when you can do it yourself? This takes away free will. Guaranteed it will have a "positive impact on human social behavior" as the article states. I imagine it can be used coupled with a mutant DSM book to include future mental illnesses like "refusal to obey disorder"; out of nowhere you get alien hand sydrome and an implant tries to make you kill yourself for thinking differently. Also a Faustian deal with the mark of the beast implant.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
Most people cant control the body parts they have already.

But I can see potential in future girlfriend technology here. That combined with voice box removal and I will finally have a chance at true love.

Oh you'd be okay with having your voice box removed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join