It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Knox - Defense anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So I'm moving things around the house and I have the tv on in the background. This show comes on.

www.youtube.com...

They talk about Fort Knox and all they hype/secrecy that surrounds it. I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the stuff in this video because it just came across as over sensational. I understand people can only be taken for what their word is worth, but I'm really interested in this structure. One of the things that came out in the video was that people thought that the actual vault could be flooded as a deterrent, based off of a similar system for a bank in Europe.

This stuff is cool, it makes me wonder, is it like a submarine? How much of this is truth? I guess it all boils down to...why is gold valuable?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well,I live about thirty miles from Fort Knox,and I have driven by it on occasion.
You can see it from the road.

This is what I see when I drive by...

It is by the Ohio river,so who know's what is behind the fortress.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It sure looks like a prison. What kind of stories have you heard about the place? I would guess that locals would hear something a little different than what everyone else would hear. Mainly just because family or friends who work there or know people who do, would pass stories along.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Actually I believe the last people to have seen the gold were a bunch of Congressmen in the 70's. I certainly don't know if this is true but there are many rumors that there is no longer any gold stored there. Its apparently hidden somewhere else.

Certainly makes for a fun conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech
reply to post by kdog1982

It sure looks like a prison. What kind of stories have you heard about the place? I would guess that locals would hear something a little different than what everyone else would hear. Mainly just because family or friends who work there or know people who do, would pass stories along.

To be honest,there are no stories .Silence.
That is the scary part.
It's a non-issue.
My brother-in-law is stationed out there.
He know's nothing.
edit on 4-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I would wonder why they would move the gold to a different location. Fort Knox not secure enough? It seems like about the only danger of anyone getting to it there would be some kind of military attack. Or maybe one of those, it's been moved for protection stories to cover the fact that it's gone? interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The floor is 10-feet thick, made of steel reinforced concrete. Designed to deter tunneling in.

The walls are reinforced concrete of a similar thickness which are also lined with granite. Designed to withstand explosions.

The vault is separated into sections by hardened steel bars. In case anyone ever makes it that far.

The one and only entrance to the vault is through a 22-ton blast door.

There is active security on the second floor roof, composed of various cameras and sentries.

The flooding system is a myth that was started in the early 1940's.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wow i just watched that program on Fort Knox, i heard the gold was removed a long time ago,also i did some research on it,here is what i came up with,there has been numerous Ufo sightings over Fort Knox,the most famous involves Thomas Mantrell when he and his squad was told to scamble because of a ufo sighting,he and his men went up to chase the ufo,the other men had to turn back,but mantrell says he his climbing higher to get a closer look,next thing his plane crashed,they said in the in he was chasing the planet Venus,really a experience fighter pilot,Also with the gold removed why are 30,000 guards around Fort Knox alone, So what are they really guarding?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
reply to post by Hopechest

I would wonder why they would move the gold to a different location. Fort Knox not secure enough? It seems like about the only danger of anyone getting to it there would be some kind of military attack. Or maybe one of those, it's been moved for protection stories to cover the fact that it's gone? interesting indeed.

Well the absolute best defense is for no one to know where it is.

I'd assume that would be the reason. Its probably buried under the local Wal-mart in town.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The story went on to say,if the gold is no longer there,then it might be a storage area for ufo artifacts and the plane debris of Thomas Mantrells air craft which involves a coverup with what really happen to his aircraft.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If I were King and it was my gold I would announce to the world where it was and even allow a tour of it or two. I would then move it to an undisclosed location and fill the old site with gold painted lead bars.

The one thing we know from history is that nothing is absolutely secure and the problems that would come from losing your nations gold supply demand that every precaution be taken.

I would simply build another fort knox somewhere that nobody knew about and let the thieves hit the well-known site.

Although unlikely, there is always a chance that those in charge of fort knox may pull an inside job. Who knows and why risk it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sorry in my early post i said Mantrell,which it is actually Mantell

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Four star generals are not permitted inside the facility. Even the President of the United States is not granted access by the military keepers of the vault. To enter the depository the president must send a formal letter to the Department of the Treasury and to the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff at the Pentagon. Upon review, it will then be decided whether or not to grant the request of the president.That"s how secure Fort Knox is

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That is some cool stuff right there. I like the UFO story, but I completely agree with moving the gold. The actual construction stuff is hard to comprehend because I can't possibly see myself wanting anything that would require that type of security. I'd most likely be better off without it

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

First off Fort Knox is a huge military base which contains the US bullion reserve. (Gold)
This place isn't the primary gold storage, thats at some bank in new york where they actually have a quarter of the worlds gold held in the vault. Knox is the real deal though because during WW2 they held the declaration of Independance and the crown jewels there incase of invasion. There security staff is about 300 strong. Theres minefields around it in the event that someone does break in they'll detonate them so they'll die running from the Fort. The reason for the security is down to the obvious value of the gold and the fact that other countries will trust the USA to keep their gold safe when they themselves can't. This is why if that gold got out somehow it would give the US a very bad reputation.
I wouldn't advise trying to break in there, the vault door itself is 20 tons and only 3 people know the combination.
I don't think any standard locksmith can break that open.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Thomasz because: Typo's

edit on 22-4-2013 by Thomasz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join