It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOVA - Russian Meteor Strike 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sagitaris
WHY IS NOVA NOT EXPLAINING WHY IT BROKE UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE!!!

what was it that broke it up I DONT KNOW...

Hmm, why do meteors/small asteroids break up in the atmosphere? It's a big mystery... not! They break up because of the intense pressure and heat that is created as the plough through the dense atmosphere. If this asteroid was solid iron, it might have not exploded in the atmosphere but made a big impact on the ground. But it was made of stone, and researched found that it had fractures. No big surprise that it exploded in the atmosphere!

Originally posted by Aleister
The most telling thing to me about the NOVA show (I watched the whole thing) is what they DIDN'T show. Minute after minute of the meteor going across the sky was shown, some of the clips repeated 10 or so times. And not once was there that close-up of maybe something coming up and hitting the meteor and knocking off large pieces of it.

I don't buy that vid shot totally, but it is interesting and coincidental. When the flare from the windshield, or the solid object itself, comes in from the left and hits the meteor it "causes" an explosion. That was interesting either way, we got to see the meteor falling apart - but NOVA left it on the cutting-room floor. That had to be a conscious decision. Either they didn't want to have to explain it or they didn't want people to see it. Someone decided that the viewing public should be kept away from that particular view.

There were close-ups? Who filmed close-ups? No one did, as far as I'm aware. Lots of people saw the meteor, and no one reported anything coming up and hitting it. It would be hard to keep something away from the public, as all that footage is in the hands of its owners (car owners, shop owners, etc.)

The delusional and paranoid reasoning of conpiracy believers raises its head again.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Earth is surrounded by rocks and UFOs www.youtube.com... as a cow mosquitoes time to get the planet tail

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

The most telling thing to me about the NOVA show (I watched the whole thing) is what they DIDN'T show. Minute after minute of the meteor going across the sky was shown, some of the clips repeated 10 or so times. And not once was there that close-up of maybe something coming up and hitting the meteor and knocking off large pieces of it.

I don't buy that vid shot totally, but it is interesting and coincidental. When the flare from the windshield, or the solid object itself, comes in from the left and hits the meteor it "causes" an explosion. That was interesting either way, we got to see the meteor falling apart - but NOVA left it on the cutting-room floor. That had to be a conscious decision. Either they didn't want to have to explain it or they didn't want people to see it. Someone decided that the viewing public should be kept away from that particular view.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Yep, let's just ignore the 100s of Russians who caught the meteor in HD from all angles - and let's make up a totally non-founded and silly theory. Gotta love ATS.

Apparantly you didn't read my post. Please read it. The NOVA program did not show the close-up of the meteor being hit by something (some say it was a UFO, same say a weapon projectile, some say a light reflection in the windshield of the car filming it). That was my point - that they did not show it even though they showed most of those 100s of videos, some over and over again. They did not show a close-up. My second point was that someone on the show's staff had to make a conscious decision not to show a close-up of the meteor's break-up.

You got three stars for that nonsense post (or more politely, that response based on misunderstanding a post) Please give them back (hahahaha, that's right, take them out of your pocket and give them back).

reply to post by Sagitaris

My point exactly. You deserve flexy's stars'

Interestingly enough the religious quote is close.
That was in fact a targeted hit. But not by the NWO (Covens of Azazel), but by the Allied side against the C.A. They threw the next one at Cuba. They are being told to surrender. They are using the populations to hide behind, and threaten to kill the populations. The division of the families is held up by their refusal to stop the war...Man has won. We go free.

The C.A. deflected the hit with their hidden advanced weapon system, and this is why it is removed from the public.
edit on 5-4-2013 by YellowRoseTx51 because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sagitaris
I thought up a scenario were the larger meteorite's speed decreased as it traveled through the dense atmosphere, because it was much more massive than the UFO/smaller meteorite, the UFO/smaller meteorite had to be aerodynamic allowing it to avoid the decrease in speed and then it hit the larger meteorite from behind and (somehow) pierced the larger meteorite....

You've completely forgotten to include momentum in the equation. A large object is much harder to slow down if it's moving - momentum vastly overcomes air-resistance in the case of large objects. Small objects on the other hand have little mass, so they don't have great momentum, and what little there is is easily overcome by air-resistance.

As wildespace explained, the reasons for the breakup are well understood, and it's not uncommon for large objects to break up when they enter the atmosphere. This is one of the reasons Earth's surface does not resemble the surface of the moon - our atmosphere is very efficient at stopping large objects that might otherwise impact the ground.

Larger meteoroids, particularly the stone variety, tend to break up between 7 and 17 miles (11 to 27 km) above the surface due to the forces induced by atmospheric drag, and perhaps also due to thermal stress. A meteoroid which disintegrates tends to immediately lose the balance of its cosmic velocity because of the lessened momentum of the remaining fragments.

Source: The American Meteor Society Fireball FAQs

Either way, it was almost certainly not a physical solid object but glare or flare from the windscreen. If it was a physical object then why does it not also appear in the scores of other videos of the event, and why did some of the 100's (perhaps thousands) of people that saw the event not report it?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Another Asteroid Threat news story from today:

Sen. Bill Nelson unveils NASA plan to capture asteroid
NASA plans to lasso an asteroid and park it by the moon, and they say they can put astronauts on it by 2021.
Read more: www.upi.com...

The Carol Rosin/Werner von Braun disclosure story makes a lot of sense in the context of recent events.

Recall the sequence:
1. Communists/Communism.
2. Terrorists, terrorism.
3. Rogue Nations (Rogue Nations are an endangered species these days. Currently No. Korea is in the headlines. Are they the last of the rogue nations?)
4. Asteroids (From 2012 onward.... ramping up the threat that was seeded earlier by Hollywood disaster movies.)
5. Extra-terrestrials.

Toutatis (2012), Chelyabinsk (2013), DA14, the Russian news stories about building Asteroid Defense, the B612 Foundation, plus this NOVA psuedo-science program and today's effort from Sen Bill Nelson is just going to add more fuel to the Asteroid Threat. This is my opinion on it. Capturing Asteroids! What could go wrong????
edit on 4/5/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add b612 and nova

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

Don't mean to sound confrontational, but meteors have ice in them.
Extreme heat caused by friction from coming through the atmosphere,
at such a high rate of speed causes the ice to instantly turn to vapors.

This causes the meteor to explode from the inside out. In all directions
what you are seeing is steam, rock, and pieces of reflective chunks of ice
that didn't get evaporated.
edit on 5-4-2013 by terriblyvexed because: more explanatory

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I never said I thought it was a UFO, and I know why meteors break up. Please read the words of people's posts. They are what make up a post. The words.

My entire point was that the zoom-in vids of the break-up seem to show something coming in from the left to hit the meteor just as it breaks up, and my theory of why NOVA didn't play the zoom-close up was because they didn't want to explain the thing coming in from the left. I don't know what it is, my money would be on "probably a lens flare from the windshield of the car", but NOVA didn't want to play it for some reason. That's all my post said, as I thought it was an interesting observation and worthy of pointing out to the readers of this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Is this post meant for me?

If so I never accused you of saying ufo. I was giving you an explanation to the
shining object, chunks of reflective ice.

I noticed your anger toward the other posts, so I said I wasn't being confrontational.

You sir have a chip on your shoulder.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The meteor was in the sky.

The UFO's (u foe) were running around using human beings as instruments of pinky destruction!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I had a dream about this event.
We really should not continue to piss GOD off.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: why not

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Another Asteroid Threat news story from today:

Sen. Bill Nelson unveils NASA plan to capture asteroid
NASA plans to lasso an asteroid and park it by the moon, and they say they can put astronauts on it by 2021.
Read more: www.upi.com...

Isn't this a natural progression of human space exploration? We will eventually want to land on asteroids, mine them, perhaps even move small asteroids to where we want, etc.

Try to calm your festering conspiracy mentality for a moment and see things for what they are: scientific and technological progress, and greater awareness of the world around us (including the Solar System). As I mentioned above, the threat of communism, terrorism and rogue states exists mostly in the minds of Americans, while the threat of asteroid impact is real. For the American government, the perceived threats of communism/terrorism/rogue states is just a tool for global domination, political manipulation, and oil.

Care to elaborate how the current awareness and plans regarding asteroid threat relate to what you call an alien attack?
edit on 6-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
wasn't lens flare, it was an unidentified flying object

"lens flare" buwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

be honest with yourselves

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Could someone please link that video / videos with the UFO apparently coming up and exploding the meteor? Otherwise all I see is empty rhetoric.

but NOVA didn't want to play it for some reason.

Why are we so focused on the NOVA documentary? Let's watch and discuss the original videos themselves. There are tons of them, and tons of people who saw it with their own eyes.

So easy to accuse one documentary of "hiding the truth", so hard to acknowledge the existence of original sources available on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Why are we so focused on the NOVA documentary? Let's watch and discuss the original videos themselves. There are tons of them, and tons of people who saw it with their own eyes.

already on this thread

So easy to accuse one documentary of "hiding the truth", so hard to acknowledge the existence of original sources available on the Internet.

the meteor travelled some distance, which comparable videos are you referring to also taken at that exact moment/position?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
reply to post by Aleister

Is this post meant for me?

If so I never accused you of saying ufo. I was giving you an explanation to the
shining object, chunks of reflective ice.

I noticed your anger toward the other posts, so I said I wasn't being confrontational.

You sir have a chip on your shoulder.

No, it wasn't meant for you. A few users had tried to explain why meteors break up, and were misreading the intent of my original post because someone originally misread it and said I was making up a theory. You then imagined the post was for you, played off that, and started inspecting my shoulder. People are making up and assuming stuff, and all I've said is that NOVA - the subject of this thread - purposely kept the zoom-in of the break-up from its viewers, that it was kept away intentionally, and that this is interesting.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What frightens me is that people lack an understanding of things like "why break meteors up"....and then at the same time learn that NASA cuts down on public education due to budget cuts.

If we had more educated people we would not hear such questions and silly theories, it will only get worse with less public education where NASA actually did a pretty good job in the past.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I had a dream about this event.
We really should not continue to piss GOD off.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: why not

That's what I am talking about. Welcome in the middle-ages!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

curious that in a thread with about a meteor that actually killed people you are claiming they are looking to "make it real"

it is real

so should we do nothing so that paranoid minds don't suspect things or do something ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I don't think the meteor killed a person. It likely killed fish, or insects, near the area where what was left of it broke up and landed. It injured lots of humans. Did I miss something about a death? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by syrinx high priest

I don't think the meteor killed a person. It likely killed fish, or insects, near the area where what was left of it broke up and landed. It injured lots of humans. Did I miss something about a death? Thanks.

good catch, no deaths. about 1,000 injuries though and 44 hospitalized. I thought I remembered about 3 deaths

the point still stands, it actually happened it's not sabre rattling or a thoery

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join