It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks reprise of Speaker Pelosi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

President Obama wants to work with congressional Republicans and all that, but he is also making it clear he wants Democrats to retake control of the U.S. House and re-install Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Oh God once was enough

"My job is to make sure we move the country forward, and I think we can best do that if Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House once again," Obama said Wednesday night during one of two Democratic fundraisers in Pelosi's hometown of San Francisco.

www.usatoday.com...

Translation Obama just wants a bunch of yes men to write what ever the hell he wants. Imagine if Pelosi was House Majority Leader/ Speaker of the House.

Feinstein's bill would already be law and everything else they want.

America, Let me be perfectly clear here, "I would rather get shot than to hear the next speaker of the House Pelosi".

2014 is not too far off he just may get his wish, if that happens Mr and Mrs America?

Stick a fork in us we're done.
edit on 4-4-2013 by neo96 because: I made a whoops

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
God help us if that happens! Man I can't even think of the terror the "dream team" would do in the final two.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I guess he doesnt like the fact that people in this country are saying "no" to his bs.

Like you said- he wants yes men that will push his moronic agenda the rest of his term.

Sorry Obama- I dont think America is ready for that just yet- a good majority of people
are starting to wise up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well now, is he so far gone that he is publicly advertising his insanity ?

My job is to make sure we move the country forward, and I think we can best do that if Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House once again," Obama said

wouldn't repeating prior mistakes expecting a different result confirm his complete insanity ??

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is about as uniting and bipartisan a person as George W. Bush.

At least we know anything he says about working with the other side is absolutely untrue and meaningless.

Nancy Pelosi is who LITERALLY locked Republicans out of the rooms during large portions of the ACA/Obamacare legislation development. All the closed door meetings?? Google back and see how often they really did lock out near 50% of the representation this nation sent to Washington.

Heck, why not call for Al Franken? He's a Senator now, even if I do try and forget it. At least he might bring the shaft with a smile and laugh. No vasoline of course. Budget cuts and all....but a laugh would be nice over the cackle of Pelosi and those silly necklaces of hers. She looks like the wrong end of a deep see fishing line sometimes. Too bad no one on her staff would ever have the courage to tell her that.

* Before anyone does the Gotcha bit.. He could take one for the team and lower himself to the position of a Congressman just for the job... I think the main point is, short of Debbie Wasserman, I can't think of a MORE polarizing figure across the entire democratic party in Congress than Pelosi.

I think of her as the Poster Image for term limits. yikes

edit on 4-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well of course he wants Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the House again! Just imagine what it would be like with Pelosi controlling the Congress, Reid controlling the Senate and Obama in the White House once again. If you thought "Obamacare" was pushing the envelope you ain't seen nothing yet because Obama doesn't even have to make nice for the public when he has no re-election worries anymore. If Democrats take back control of the Congress there will be no stopping the crazy train!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, she isn't a real liberal, but a lot better than that corporate puppet Repubs elected Sof TH

Maybe we could get a middle class tax break that we really need.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Pelosi -

"We have to pass it so we can find out what's in it."

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well, she isn't a real liberal, but a lot better than that corporate puppet

Not a real liberal? Could have fooled me

Nancy Pelosi net worth: The first female Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi has a net worth of $26.4 million as of June 2012, down roughly $8 million from 2011. Pelosi’s drastic growth, from an initial $21.7 million in 2009, is attributed to stock gains and smart investments. Her husband reported raking in $1 million to $5 million in 2010 from a sale of Apple stocks. The couple also has a commercial property in San Francisco and a home in St. Helena, California, each valued between $5 million and $25 million. She also has a stake in some valuable residential real estate in Sacramento. All rank-and-file members of Congress received salaries of $174,000 last year. As speaker in 2010, Pelosi was paid $223,500, and House and Senate majority and minority leaders garnered $193,400. In 2011, Pelosi’s husband Paul lost as much as $10 million on investments in the United Football League and the Sacramento Mountain Lions. He lost $1 million to $5 million investing in the league itself, and the same amount on the individual team.

www.therichest.org...

Not a corporate puppet!!!!

Thanks for the Laugh and then there is this : www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A congressional rep with Money!!!!

OMG

Who would have thought?

What do you think this proves?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by neo96

OMG

Who would have thought?

The left/liberals/Democrats are hypocrites because if they really believed in spreading the wealth they would not be "people with money" aka millionaires.

edit on 4-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The house repubs are a reason everyone got a fat tax increase this year.

Repubs refused to continue the lower FICA rate.

Yeah, corporate puppets the lot of em.

A bunch of bums.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh Nancy, remember when you said...

"“Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”

Yes, she actually said that!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The house repubs are a reason everyone got a fat tax increase this year.

No the reason they got a "tax increase" is because the current administration passed a "payroll tax holiday" cutting down the SS contribution to 4%, but still continued to get the same benefits.

Repubs refused to continue the lower FICA rate.

So people should be getting more out of SS than they pay in?

Seems to me that is why this nation was falling off the "fiscal cliff".

Also the care act was passed by the Democrats which have made insurance rates jump for everyone in this country.

But that has nothing to do with this topic so please stop political trolling here.
edit on 5-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

H. Reid, N. Pelosi and B. Obama.

Oboma needs his support group.
He needs Pelosi,,,, every one is thinking the same thing.

edit on 5-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Strong minded liberals need to wake up and see the truth. Do you think they will stop with the 2nd.
When they get rid of the 2nd all the others will be up for debate including the 1st.

Progressive fascist filth are controlling both the left and the right. The conservatives are dumping the Republican party in mass. Are liberals strong enough to do the same....... I am not sure. They tend to flap in the wind like paper bags.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this has got to be the most cerebrally challenged administration in the last 50 years and that includes both Bushes. Obama is not stupid but he's not particularly bright and has a doctored phony image that feeds an enormous ego. He's about the equivalent of George W. Bush, maybe a little smoother but also not quite as genuine. He's an idiot. Biden.... a moron. Pelosi... a moron. Napolitano... a moron. Eric Holder... a moron. Now Kerry is a moron. The ONLY smart one in the bunch and who was pulling the strings was Hillary and even then she was just the one directly above Obama, she answered to higher ups. Reid is at least a con artist and DC animal, a sleazey politico out for his own self interests. I don't think he really suffers the delusion that what he's doing is just and he does know his limitations. The others... all think everybody who elected them are imbeciles and their opponents are only a little smarter.
If I really thought this goon squad got into power on the up and up I'd write America off as doomed due to sheer stupidity and insanity. As it is, we're just the victims of a twisted plot of voter fraud and the planned collapse of the country for the profit of the global elite.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I hope Pelosi comes back.

That would put the final nail in the progressive coffin in 2016.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

MORE Polarization, from this President.

Will it EVER end?

Does he honestly believe everyone wants this to happen, or will let it happen?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

OMG

Who would have thought?

That shes part of the 1% that Obama and his ilk have tried to demonize ?

That she is part of the problem, not the solution?

That she is a "Fat Cat" Politician?

I could go on.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join