It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Two State Soltution dead?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I'm curious, then. And forgive me for asking an impossible question, but what general framework can you invision that might possibly lead to a solution?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A valid question in spite of you being correct about the answer being impossible, The short answer is none. A more proper answer that enters academic territory would have to involve a generational change in the mindset of the populations. The greatest change would have to come from the Palestine people who would need to switch from militarism to consumerism. The schools would have to teach tolerance and democracy instead of pure hatred of Israel.

People in Israel would have to learn to accept their new fellow citizens. Even on paper the concept suffers from the fact the international community fails to understand that it would be an evolutionary process as opposed to overnight change. The international community failure to undertake a Marshall Aid style program in Afghanistan underscores this point. But it’s all academic as history will take its nasty course (read Iran nuking Israel) regardless of what happens to the concept of the two state models.
Besides action speak louder than words Jordan has never that keen to take on large numbers of Palestine people. Both Israel and the Palestine people are boxed in between a rock and a hard time.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join