It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Fast Food Workers' Strike Launches In NYC Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This whole argument of its a low skilled job so give them pennies to live on doesn't make any logical sense to me, the simple fact is that without people doing those jobs the company could not operate, could not function, could not survive so those employees are VITAL to the continued existence of the company, hence they should be paid a living wage.

Why should it be that wages are constantly driven down, while investors get fatter and fatter dividends? I couldn't care less about some pompous hooray Henry getting fat off the labors of others without doing a micron of work, these workers are not employed out of charity, they are employed because they are needed. And whilst obviously they are not going to be paid a highly skilled wage, if they have put the time in, given hours of their life doing work for a company that needed them to do that work, they should be at least able to take home a pay packet that allows them to live a little.

Companies like McDonalds and BK make billions of profit each year, some of that profit should go to the workers who make it possible, not all for fat greedy investment bankers

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

This whole argument of its a low skilled job so give them pennies to live on doesn't make any logical sense to me,

Neither does causing the cost of production to go up so that poor people who can't afford to eat at nice restaurants can't even afford MacDonald's. Way to go people.

Imagine a Mac D costing 3 times what it is today? Would you buy it at that price? Then demand would lower and then more problems ensue.

And that is not even factoring in inflation from QE 1, 2, and 3, Obamacare and all the rest of the out of control govt spending.
edit on 8-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

only fast food place i know that starts you out at 15 an hour is "in and out burger" a religiously based fast food chain confine to mostly the west coast and the only reason i know this is i used to work for them when i was in high school

but i think they are a family owned chain not like a corporate one if that makes sense.....but to think that all mc donalds employees need 15 an hour is madness and would probably get rid of Mc Donalds trade mark dollar menu as costs rise

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Neither does causing the cost of production to go up so that poor people who can't afford to eat at nice restaurants can't even afford MacDonald's.

Way to go people. Imagine a Mac D costing 3 times what it is today? Would you buy it at that price? Then demand would lower and then more problems ensue.

Really would you like to show how raising the wages of the staff would triple the cost of goods served? Start with one company, say McDonalds, do remember before you start though that they make 5 Billion dollars a year profit, so please go ahead and prove that raising the wage for the staff would triple the cost of the food, and do tell us while you are at it why they cannot survive making a little less profit for their share holders so the people that actually work and produce the profit can afford to live

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When I was 15 I worked at Mickey D's (McDonalds).
I have to say , it wasn't easy regardless of age !
You have several rushes throughout the day where you're required to work at breakneck speed , TRY to get things right , multi-task and a lot of cleaning greasy , coated surfaces in vain.
It's not as easy as one would think 15 yrs old or not.

While I don't think 15 an hour is necessary I do think perhaps $10-$12 would suffice.
I also know the managers who make this type of work a career , make VERY good money.

Just my 2 cents. Would you like some fries with that?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

Neither does causing the cost of production to go up so that poor people who can't afford to eat at nice restaurants can't even afford MacDonald's.

Way to go people. Imagine a Mac D costing 3 times what it is today? Would you buy it at that price? Then demand would lower and then more problems ensue.

Really would you like to show how raising the wages of the staff would triple the cost of goods served? Start with one company, say McDonalds, do remember before you start though that they make 5 Billion dollars a year profit, so please go ahead and prove that raising the wage for the staff would triple the cost of the food, and do tell us while you are at it why they cannot survive making a little less profit for their share holders so the people that actually work and produce the profit can afford to live

It is simple mechanics. The cost of everyone's salary goes up, the cost of the burger goes up. How hard is that to understand?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It is simple mechanics. The cost of everyone's salary goes up, the cost of the burger goes up. How hard is that to understand?

If it is simple mathematics then prove it, simple fact is you can't, you are just spouting figures out of your ass and acting like you know. Come back when you know what you are talking about

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
if I were a betting man or a conspiracy nut , I would say that after the failed soda ban , bloomberg thought he would have the workers put the fast food chains out of business as to avoid any constitutional issues . one thing these whopper floppers need to think about is the fact that if they do get 15$ hr , they will not be eligible for welfare or most forms of assistance.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think they should get the same as teh president myself. Would vote for ordinary folk over them. I don't believe in inequality, and nor does the cosmos. The programming on this thread is massive. Don't buy into ISMS or any of the crapola. I personally would move out of NYC if I was them, but probably only after poolnig up money together to start a few businesses and then move to where real land was cheaper and start eco farms and businesses, and share.

<< 1   >>

join