It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media portrayal of North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Just gonna throw this one into the bag.......

Have you seen the giant floating early warning radar they are going to park of the coast of NK?

en.wikipedia.org...

In April 2013 it was reported that SBX-1 was being deployed to monitor North Korea.

This and many other things that are never reported to the public in Australia about NK and the US.

I wouldn't be suprised this is why he is getting his SIZE XXL nickers in a twist.

edit on 4-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: forgot a bit!

I saw this when it was in Seattle getting repaired.I know there was a general warning not to get too close.I have some photo's of it at Todd Shipyard somewhere,Ill see if I cant find them.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I played out your options, so lets play out mine in my search for media fairness.

Instead of the US sending in hardware and troops in sends in diplomats and negotiators. Establishes round tables, discussion groups and public poling and instead of forcing its opinion, first tries to gauge a better understanding of the situation and work towards reunification. In the background this gives NK time to establish is nuclear arsenal and instead of having a maybe 5-6 nukes it goes to 100 - 1000's.

For the moment this nuke issue is a serious sicking point so lets just drop it, I do consider this as an issue that a reunified Korea has to face. If a referendum was held there is a strong chance that nukes would be dismissed, but with Kim seeking a political/military oversight role with a reunified Korea there is a slim chance of this happening in the short term. As with previous posts, it is a matter of trust.

The goal here to disengage the nuke threat, so first we need to establish trust between north and south Korea. With a lot more at stake behind this nuke arsenal there is a reduced risk that they will be used as designed.

In the long term it is just to clouded to comment, sure there is a risk of any Korea assault to inflict greater global damage, but as with other members of this group there is also responsibilities. The nuke issue does not stop at Korea. The only responsible answer I see is trust. This is where we need to work. With the US holding 9/11 and the GFC in its baggage there is a lot of work that needs to be done.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yes, the media is also showing similar picture round here.

Although, I personally have nothing against. I do believe that the people in NK are suffering, because of the regime and I have heard nothing that has made me question it, even in Internet.

I believe no country in the world should have an option of doing something like this for their people. Democracy might not be ideal, although it is much better than the system in NK, as at least people have the basic human rights. What is happening over there is inhumane and I believe no person on Earth should suffer under such regime.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
how is the USA depicted in north korea ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Unfortunately this type of reporting does remind me very much of the media campaigns against Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi before the military campaigns kicked of to help build public support. How is the media in your country showing these events?

It is very easy and "convenient" to sit in rich Europe or the US and think about whether OUR media might *maybe* not report accurately and with a certain bias. Sadly, people in NK do not have that chance, there exists no free flow of information.

As someone who used to live in Germany with 1st hand experience of a similar regime just across our border (former Eastern Germany) I am pretty confident and know that "our side of the coin" is the right one. I know how those regimes work and I can estimate how those people are brainwashed and controlled, what drives and keeps alive their despotic leadership.

All you need to get an impression about the insanity of their regime is check out some of their state controlled websites, that's all it takes. It quickly becomes clear that the leadership are insane, in the same way as the former Eastern German regime was insane and in the same way as similar regimes around the world are insane. It's the same thing. Check the former eastern European regimes, BEFORE it all collapsed.

I don't need to ponder whether we are "right" or "wrong" and this also includes how our media portraits things.

NK is a #hole with a #head as a leader who is responsible for the misery of 25M people, there is nothing to argue about this.
edit on 6-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how is the USA depicted in north korea ?

The term 'imperialist' is commonly used in official releases. My translation of this is something akin to Darth Vadar. Considering some of the discussions on this board there is some support for such a view. I do acknowledge the reality is a bit more complex, but there are some aspects that raise a warning. It is good to see that the petition to build a death star was declined.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I am glad to get a bit more of an international perspective on this issue. When the wall finally came down in Germany it does sound like the CIA was caught by surprise. The impression I get is that the international community just left Germany in the too hard basket as Germany got on with the job. This other wall in Korea is still proving problems.

So while East Germany was being a #hole with an #head leader do you think that military action would have been an appropriate response? Or do you think that just waiting it out it until reasonable heads could finally enter the picture was a better way to go?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just a quick update, it is good to see that there has been some more balanced reporting of the North Korea issue here on local tv with the national broadcaster the ABC network. A more reasonable discussion of why there is tension has been shown.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join