It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega pastor Joel Osteen resigns, rejects Christ, cites 'lack of faith'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I knew Joel's father, John. Before they moved into the arena, Lakewood was in an declining region of Houston. People of all color and age were in the audience. Lakewood did, and still does, help a (whole) lot of people in Texas, and troughout the world.

Also, what you see on TV is only part of Lakewood's service. I haven't been there since they moved to their current location, but in the "old" days, the service lasted about two hours.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Rezlooper

There's a reoccurring theme of religions throughout the world: The dangers of infiltrators masquerading as a person of that faith, when in reality, they're self serving and hurting the religion as a whole.

In the ONLY moment in the Bible where Jesus uses physical violence, it was against money changers in the temple. That's how mad it made him, that people were selling salvation and making money at the expense of faith in God.

Well there you go.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by CUBD1

You just can't stand that his message is powerful, he sells millions of books, has tens of thousands of church members and hundreds of thousands more who follow his email messages. I'm not one of his followers but I sure don't fault him or his followers. I'm not so hateful to spew the crap you're spewing about him. If you don't like his message, you don't have to listen. It's too bad for you this is simply a hoax.

Wow, what an ignorant load of jizz.

I outlined my issues with him clearly and succinctly. If you want to argue those points, please do.

You could apply your same idiotic logic to Hitler, Mao, any charismatic leader -- apparently, if their message is 'powerful', if they sell books and people follow them, then it's all good, right? I need to shut up, huh?

Don't you think you could apply such hateful words to some of the (true) terrible things that are going on in this world?

I would think there are other issues that deserve more attention than fighting and discrediting others for what is nothing more than a hoax.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't particularly like Joel, but this story is a hoax 100%

I've made calls and checked websites and sent out feeler emails, IMs and texts, and
there is NOT ONE other source that backs this up. His own website, Facebook & Twitter
says nothing too by the way.

To put a story out like that, with no proof, well, that's not very Christian of themselves now is it?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by CUBD1

You just can't stand that his message is powerful, he sells millions of books, has tens of thousands of church members and hundreds of thousands more who follow his email messages. I'm not one of his followers but I sure don't fault him or his followers. I'm not so hateful to spew the crap you're spewing about him. If you don't like his message, you don't have to listen. It's too bad for you this is simply a hoax.

Wow, what an ignorant load of jizz.

I outlined my issues with him clearly and succinctly. If you want to argue those points, please do.

You could apply your same idiotic logic to Hitler, Mao, any charismatic leader -- apparently, if their message is 'powerful', if they sell books and people follow them, then it's all good, right? I need to shut up, huh?

Don't you think you could apply such hateful words to some of the (true) terrible things that are going on in this world?

I would think there are other issues that deserve more attention than fighting and discrediting others for what is nothing more than a hoax.

I don't think there's anything "hateful" about what I said.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Rezlooper

The morale of the story is: Just because it makes you feel good, doesn't mean it's actually good for you. Ya know, heroin makes you feel good too, until you die from it.
edit on 4-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

I think its kind of sad that you would compare heroin use to someone who teaches people to be kind...love your family...live right, etc.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Just the fact that you didn't bother to confirm this story speaks volumes. Not to mention your comparison of Joel to Hitler and Mao.... disgusting.

It took me about a minute to determine that it was false.

'Hateful' seems appropriate to me....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Just the fact that you didn't bother to confirm this story speaks volumes. Not to mention your comparison of Joel to Hitler and Mao.... disgusting.

The point I made went completely over your head within the context of the fallacious argument I was responding to. That's not hate, it's logic.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

The point I made went completely over your head within the context of the fallacious argument I was responding to. That's not hate, it's logic.

Yeah... keep telling yourself that buddy. Denial isn't just a river in Africa.

Posting deliberate hoaxes is a fairly serious offense here and honestly your attempt to sound intelligent is lost... only a fool would post that story.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

Sadly, it is fake. Well done, but fake. The fake link has his last name spelt incorrectly w/in the address bar.

I actually wished it was true, but part of me knew that he wouldn't leave the wealth he makes, UNLESS, he actually truly did ring G-d.

This man is not just robbing people of money, but worse, their souls. Through his new age nonsense, and complete distortion of scripture. This man, and those like him, is one of the main reasons that G-d warned about knowing His Word, and to test by His Word to ensure one isn't a false teacher.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Though, maybe Joel isn't "murdering" millions, or forcing them in to submission (per se)- like that of Mao or Hitler... One could easily make the argument that what Osteen is doing (& those like him) is FAR WORSE... As he is a false teacher, leading thousands away from Salvation through Jesus, and into the pits of eternal damnation, away from the Love & Light of G-d.

So, in truth, he (& those like him) could be compared to such. I only pray that Osteen does find the truth in Christ & scripture, and begins undoing all the false teachings he has been doing.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I haven't read all comments, so any hateful comments is not what I'm supporting- at all.

However, those, like Joel, are some of the most dangerous. Life of the flesh is but a second in eternity. What Joel is doing, is teaching false doctrine, and is leading thousands away from salvation by his false teachings.

True, these followers (adults) should've known the word of G-d better, should've Chosen the Word of G-d and what He instructed for His Church, rather than choosing ones own wants & feel good sermons (listening to the scripture of man, giving salvation, rather than that of G-d's true eternal salvation). And I blame much on laziness, and not wanting to sacrifice. Wanting to hear that all one must do is to believe & accept Christ as their Savior, and nothing else, complete unscriptural nonsense. BUT, this is where those that feel called to teach others scripture have a DUTY, the moment they begins teaching the Word of G-d, to say & teach correctly. To NOT change/ distort/ misrepresent the Word of G-d!

A "man" can tell you all the niceties and feel good empty promises one wants to hear... But, if it is not the truth, and is not what G-d instructed, it won't make a bit of difference when standing before G-d for judgement. It is G-d that will judge, based on if we followed HIS Word... NOT Joel, Oprah, or any other human.

Read the Church Fathers writings- most of which are available free online, just google "Early Church Father's writings PDF". Best way to know truth, is by going to those that were closest to Jesus (& those that were closest to His apostles), & want they believed/ understood/ wrote. The Words of G-d are eternal. They will never change. Ever! For instance, Homosexuality is stated as a serious sin, that no one that lays w/ another of the same sex will gain enter the gates of Heaven (Osteen agrees w/ same sex marriage). That, Christ is the ONLY way- "Verily, verily, I tell you that NO MAN will reach the Father, but through the Son." (Osteen teaches that there are many ways to get to Heaven), and so on, & so on.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by CUBD1

As if any T.V. evangelist has any faith. Nothing but swindlers and con men. Swaggert, Popov, Hagee, Baker, more car salesmen then anything else. Glad my faith goes far beyond the doors of any religion. Follow Christ, not Joel Osteen. Quack !
edit on 4-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Right on Randy

However, I see this "Osten" as a hoax.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is a fraud. Whether or not you agree with Joel, he has NOT resigned. The website "http://JoelOstenMinistries.com" is mispelled. His official website is JoelOsteen.com. His official Twitter account is @JoelOsteen

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Paid ministries remind me of a scene from Interview With A Vampire with the helicopter and spot light.

"It's false light, it cannot harm you"

- Louis

Did you ever notice there's a "hell" in "helicopter", just saying?

- Charlie Sheen

John 10:13

The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its false light, it cannot harm you.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I see this "Osten" as a hoax.

Of course it's a hoax partner. Doesn't change my opinion, of big money evangelists, one damn bit. They do more to drive people away, who desperately need to know just what Christ, is all about. It's only because it's wrong for me to hate them, that I don't.

edit on 8-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

I have yet to see a post from you that makes any sense and isn't clearly disruptive, therefor annoying and meaningless.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
osteen is a televangelist who rakes in millions. some folks dislike his views, and some think he's a good man. since this is a conspiracy site, let's explore who would be behind this hoax. its a clever hoax, using misspelled name as domain, and also uses disclaimer. not a hacker, like anonymous. its a group that thinks its particularly clever. the amount of work that went in using resources and information that was current within 20 days; my guess is one group associated with promoting same sex marriage agenda. it can't be a coincidence that a recent cnn interview within 10 days shows osteen as publicly denouncing same sex marriage. smart, fast, and creating youtube and twitter feeds shows dedicated members feeding the hoax. very well done. the bit with disclaimer and mispelling is a bit snarky and self indulgent. msm says it can't find the source of the hoax. bet a few on ats already have been searching.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join